The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Xenon
Here's the story from a spanish radio station, reported on BBC sport.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/3530524.stm

I really don't think that Viera is staying now. All that talk about him being so dedicated to arsenal now puzzles me. I mean, there must be some truth behind these stories. I hope that by some minor miracle that this story is mumbo jumbo, and that Viera does somehow stay at arsenal.

The clubs have supposidely agreed a fee which means that a transfer is close :mad: but im still clinging on to any hope that we will keep him.
who is gonna be our captain, wenger said that theres no need to sell viera.
*tears* anyways i hope everything goes well for him, Zidane will look after him.
my dream team would have to have Henry, Zidane, Lehmann, Cambell,Ashley Cole,Viera,Ronaldo(Man U),Dennis Wise,John Terry,Figo (Real)
Reply 2823
Team: Chelsea

Player Out: No-one...like em all
Player in: Joaquin

G
I dont see why Arsenal would want to sell him as they dont need the money and even if they did get £18-£20 million there aren't many players who could replace him and be as good as him. If he does go i believe it would be because he wants to leave and a team can't have players who dont want to play for them.
Everdawn
oh! You bet! Ive already started wearing my green and gold.

Gold and Green.

Green and gold is league :biggrin:

MIssed the boks, Aussie game due to travelling but I have watched the others. My initial reaction is to see that SA can finally defend in correct lines.
Joey_Johns
Gold and Green.

Green and gold is league :biggrin: Oh Its our saying JJ! :biggrin:

MIssed the boks, Aussie game due to travelling but I have watched the others. My initial reaction is to see that SA can finally defend in correct lines.

What I noticed too about the boks to is that they are a very fast team, they waste no time getting up the field, unlike NZ who are more strength than speed.

Hopefully our boys can get the better of them, and hopefully without starting a biff... not mentioning any names...**cough*Stirling*cough** :cool:

Jeez, I think it's going to a heavily oriented League school (Might as well just call us League School and forget about the other schools of excellence that we are :rolleyes: .) that has turned me even more towards the love for my Rugby. :biggrin:
Everdawn
What I noticed too about the boks to is that they are a very fast team, they waste no time getting up the field, unlike NZ who are more strength than speed.

Hopefully our boys can get the better of them, and hopefully without starting a biff... not mentioning any names...**cough*Stirling*cough** :cool:

Jeez, I think it's going to a heavily oriented League school (Might as well just call us League School and forget about the other schools of excellence that we are :rolleyes: .) that has turned me even more towards the love for my Rugby. :biggrin:

Gah, league in AUS has the better players, even if they do rape and pillage, I like to watch the best :smile:

I have now decided that I shall livein both SOuth Africa and AUstralia in my middle/ late 20's to get a different rugby experience :biggrin: But I'm a NSW boy though :tongue:
Reply 2828
You can watch highlights of all matches on www.allblacks.com

QUOTE=Everdawn] What I noticed too about the boks to is that they are a very fast team, they waste no time getting up the field, unlike NZ who are more strength than speed.

THe NZ back three are the fastest in the Tri Nations. The reason SA are so fast up the field (defence in particular) is because they start off miles offside -Barry in particular. Scummy cheating Boks ...
Eggy Hog

QUOTE=Everdawn] What I noticed too about the boks to is that they are a very fast team, they waste no time getting up the field, unlike NZ who are more strength than speed.

THe NZ back three are the fastest in the Tri Nations. The reason SA are so fast up the field (defence in particular) is because they start off miles offside -Barry in particular. Scummy cheating Boks ...

Er no, actually it is because they have a rugby league coach teaching them how to defend. Positioning is just as important as speed off the mark.
Eggy Hog

Hang on a sec, where'd you get that from?

Becuase id wager Rathbone and Giteau at least against them any day. Even Perfect Percy of the Boks (He's a bok back liner isnt he?).
someone may be able to give me the truth of this rumour...

One of my other Union mates told me today that Argentina are trying to get a gernsey in the tri-nations...(well quad, whatever..) Anyone heard anything of this?
temi
Englands deep defending and counter attacking system obviously meant it possesion be difficult to maintain, but I believe scholes has the vision technical ability, to have led by example and given the defence a break

He does have that ability, but he hasn't used it for the past 3 years, and despite having a not-so-bad Euro2004 there is nothing about him retiring that deeply saddens me, in fact, I think it will benefit the England team immensely. With Scholes gone, Sven knows he has just 2 central midfielders who are international class, with Beckham on the right. Now he can focus all his energy onto finding a decent left sided player and hopefully by 2006 we'll have a settled, blanced midfield, with no chopping or changing to try and include 3 central midfields in what should be a 4-4-2.

2006 will indeed be our year, thanks to Paul Scholes' retirement.
Does anyone know a free online fantasy football website where we can create a mini-league and compete against each other? I've joined the Telegraph one but you're only allowed to join one superleague, and I already have.

This is a nice free one I've found: http://www.myfantasyfootball.co.uk/

Anyone interested? I'm idreamfootball 2002/2003 world champion, don't you know. I got a BBC Radio 5 Live fleece for my efforts, which was nice.
Reply 2834
Everdawn
Hang on a sec, where'd you get that from?

Becuase id wager Rathbone and Giteau at least against them any day. Even Perfect Percy of the Boks (He's a bok back liner isnt he?).

Unfortunately, Giteau doesn't play in the back three.
Howlett and Rococoko both 100m under 10.5 seconds - as for Muliaina, he's just a little slower I reckon

Perhaps, SA's favourite son, Clyde Rathbone, can rivalise them for pace now. As for Lote Tuqiri and Chris Latham, you must be joking ...
Reply 2835
Eggy Hog
Unfortunately, Giteau doesn't play in the back three.
Howlett and Rococoko both 100m under 10.5 seconds - as for Muliaina, he's just a little slower I reckon

Perhaps, SA's favourite son, Clyde Rathbone, can rivalise them for pace now. As for Lote Tuqiri and Chris Latham, you must be joking ...

Wendall Sailo......nah!!! :tongue:

G
goldenbarnes
Does anyone know a free online fantasy football website where we can create a mini-league and compete against each other? I've joined the Telegraph one but you're only allowed to join one superleague, and I already have.

This is a nice free one I've found: http://www.myfantasyfootball.co.uk/

Anyone interested? I'm idreamfootball 2002/2003 world champion, don't you know. I got a BBC Radio 5 Live fleece for my efforts, which was nice.

I'll get in on the action, have you logged ontot he premiership prophecy site yet - thats my main source of footballrelated entertainment for the forthcoming season!
Reply 2837
gzftan
Wendall Sailo......nah!!! :tongue:

G

Nice one ...
Reply 2838
Eggy Hog
Nice one ...

I'm assuming that's sarcasm..it's not easy to tell when you're reading it y'know.

G
Reply 2839
gzftan
I'm assuming that's sarcasm..it's not easy to tell when you're reading it y'know.

G

Don't assume anything ...
You are right though, it is sarcasm. I heard there was a plot to turn Big Dell into a hooker. Mye mye, aren't the aussies desperate ...

Latest