Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just registered now. Do we have a league setup or not then?

ReputationRep:
    If nobody objects, I intend to run a Coca Cola Predictions League to run simultaneously with this, starting with this week-ends fixtures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eggy Hog)
    Unfortunately, Giteau doesn't play in the back three.
    Howlett and Rococoko both 100m under 10.5 seconds - as for Muliaina, he's just a little slower I reckon

Perhaps, SA's favourite son, Clyde Rathbone, can rivalise them for pace now. As for Lote Tuqiri and Chris Latham, you must be joking ...
    Let us not get into a pathetic arguement over 'the quickest'. It is the quality that is important. Howlett and Rococoko don't have the same rugby qualities as the Aussie wingers. Infact, Howlett is just god awful.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone take part in this?
    What is your best distances?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 85ah11)
    If nobody objects, I intend to run a Coca Cola Predictions League to run simultaneously with this, starting with this week-ends fixtures.
    Sounds like a good idea to me.

ReputationRep:
    The triple jump causes more stress to the human body than any other activity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidBrent)
    Does anyone take part in this?
    What is your best distances?
    I used to do it a few years ago and got around 11m when I was 13/14 :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the 2004/2005 UKL Coca Cola Prediction League. The rules are as follows. Every week, three fixtures will be posted from each of the Coca Cola League Championship, League One and League Two.

Predictions should be PM'd or e-mailed to me ([email protected]) by midnight on Friday evening/Saturday morning. Any predictions made in the thread shall NOT be accepted. You will receive a notification PM or e-mail to let you know that your predictions have been recorded. If you make your predictions, and then wish to alter any of them, then this must be done by the deadline.

Three points will be awarded for a correct scoreline, and one point will be awarded for a correct result (home win/away win/draw). If you wish to query your score, then please contact me asap.

Failure to predict will result in a score of zero. Should a match be postponed or abandoned, then all predictions for that fixture will be void. The result of the re-arranged fixture will not count. However, this does not apply to matches who's kick-off times are re-scheduled over the week-end.

Here are this week's fixtures:

Championship

Leeds United v Derby County
    Leicester City v West Ham United
    Stoke City v Wolverhampton Wanderers

League One

Bristol City v Torquay United
    Hull City v Bournemouth
    Walsall v Port Vale

League Two

Bury v Yeovil Town
    Leyton Orient v Macclesfield Town
    Wycombe Wanderers v Cambridge United

Happy predicting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Let us not get into a pathetic arguement over 'the quickest'. It is the quality that is important. Howlett and Rococoko don't have the same rugby qualities as the Aussie wingers. Infact, Howlett is just god awful.
    Wtf?

Which Aussie winger?
    Rathbone (whose favoured position is centre), Tuqiri and Sailor (there is more to Union than being able to run through people), Scott Staniforth? Don't make me laugh

By the way, both Kiwis were included in the RWC Dream team

For someone who thinks they're Andrew Johns, your lack of rugby knowledge (albeit the other code) disappoints me.

ReputationRep:
    do you know how long the olympics last for?

ReputationRep:
    Ricketts + Joachim............hahaha what a pair of donkeys!
    Derby will stuff erm at the weekend :P

ReputationRep:
    they start on the 11th (football qualifying rounds) the opening ceromony is on the 13th and they go on till the 29th of august

ReputationRep:
    wow i thought they lasted a lot longer

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, Giteau doesn't play in the back three.
    Howlett and Rococoko both 100m under 10.5 seconds - as for Muliaina, he's just a little slower I reckon

Perhaps, SA's favourite son, Clyde Rathbone, can rivalise them for pace now. As for Lote Tuqiri and Chris Latham, you must be joking ...
    jeez, the general back vacinity. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Wtf?

Which Aussie winger?
    Rathbone (whose favoured position is centre), Tuqiri and Sailor (there is more to Union than being able to run through people), Scott Staniforth? Don't make me laugh

For someone who thinks they're Andrew Johns, your lack of rugby knowledge (albeit the other code) disappoints me.
    NO need to get nasty, no one was making personal jibes mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    I dont see why Arsenal would want to sell him as they dont need the money and even if they did get £18-£20 million there aren't many players who could replace him and be as good as him. If he does go i believe it would be because he wants to leave and a team can't have players who dont want to play for them.
    I'm not sure. Maybe Viera has been tempted to go to Real madrid. If the player wants to leave, especially a player like Viera, then I don't think that Arsenal can stop him.
    I thought that Viera was so committed to club as well! *Sob, sob.*
    As for who will be captain, Campbell is the easy replacement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    I dont see why Arsenal would want to sell him as they dont need the money and even if they did get £18-£20 million there aren't many players who could replace him and be as good as him. If he does go i believe it would be because he wants to leave and a team can't have players who dont want to play for them.
    Don't need the money? :confused: Arsenal are always fiending after cash; you may have confused them with another London club.

Arsenal burned money on Reyes though. It's almost comical.

ReputationRep:
    Wtf?

Which Aussie winger?

lol, I bet your one of the losers who believe the hype surrounding Wilkinson. Open your eyes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    NO need to get nasty, no one was making personal jibes mate.
    Indeed, my dear baby V This chap obviously knows what he is talking about :rolleyes:

It's coming! It's coming!!
    I just love to watch the olympics! Too bad it's only every 4 years, but then again, i guess that's partly what makes it so exciting. Which event(s) are you most looking forward to seeing? Personally, my favourites are gymnastics, swimming and diving.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.