The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

trinigyal
It's coming! It's coming!!
I just love to watch the olympics! Too bad it's only every 4 years, but then again, i guess that's partly what makes it so exciting. Which event(s) are you most looking forward to seeing? Personally, my favourites are gymnastics, swimming and diving.

I like watching all of the events but im most looking forward to track and field and 100m in particular. However since virtually all the top sprinters have taken drugs the race wont be as good. The triple jump should be a close contest and the relays are always exciting :smile:
I can't wait to watch Cristiano Ronaldo and the likes play. Also, I would like GB to beat the USA in at least ONE running event. I'm also hoping that China does well in the gymnastics.
Reply 2862
China will probably win a lot of medals for gymnastics :smile:
:tongue: We have the snd biggest olympic team behind America. :tongue:

And I predict that we will clean up in the pool. :biggrin: :biggrin:
This is for all CPFC fans on here :cool: . If you wanna go to the full website go to www.cpfc.org :biggrin: and that is the Palace BBS!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :wink:
Reply 2865
Reply 2866
Joey_Johns
Indeed, my dear baby V :wink: This chap obviously knows what he is talking about :rolleyes:

I apologise if I offended you.
But then saying that Doug Howlett is rubbish does smack of ignorance a bit.

As for Wilkinson, now way is he the best fly-half in the world.

Apart from his defensive and kicking game, the bloke is utter shite.
Give a few more years, and Michalak should be just as good.

Are you english, by the way? Or a wannabe aussie? (like so many poms)
Eggy Hog
As for Wilkinson, now way is he the best fly-half in the world.

Apart from his defensive and kicking game, the bloke is utter shite.
Give a few more years, and Michalak should be just as good.

Please correct me if im wrong but doesnt Jonny live with his parents and spent christmas kicking? He needs to get out more. :biggrin:
Reply 2868
Everdawn
Please correct me if im wrong but doesnt Jonny live with his parents and spent christmas kicking? He needs to get out more. :biggrin:

I think you're just upset the kicking practice came in useful on his right foot....:tongue:

G
gzftan
I think you're just upset the kicking practice came in useful on his right foot....:tongue:

G

oh hilarious. :rolleyes:
Reply 2870
Everdawn
oh hilarious. :rolleyes:

Well..i dunno about you....but it certainly left me with a big smile :biggrin:

G
gzftan
Well..i dunno about you....but it certainly left me with a big smile :biggrin:

G

You know what left me with a big smile? The next time we played you lot and slaughtered you 51 -15 :tongue:
Reply 2872
Everdawn
You know what left me with a big smile? The next time we played you lot and slaughtered you 51 -15 :tongue:

Hehehe...fair enough...i'll give you that..England's tour down under was disastrous!! :frown:

G
gzftan
Hehehe...fair enough...i'll give you that..England's tour down under was disastrous!! :frown:

G

Hey, I will say this though, the RWC final was a fantastic game to watch.
Reply 2874
Everdawn

I was with my grandparents in New Zealand at the time of the England tour. My brother and I had gone down the pub, and they were interviewing Clive Woodward on TV.
The bloke is a whineing little prick; he was doing his best to deflect the press from England's poor performance. Blaming the ref, blaming the players, blaming this, that, god, the universe

The funniest is that just after the world cup final, he had predicted an england romp
Reply 2875
Woodward is still a pretty good coach though - but an arrogant tit nonetheless
Reply 2876
Everdawn
Hey, I will say this though, the RWC final was a fantastic game to watch.

For you!! Everytime we went ahead.....you guys pulled it back with a last minute penalty!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Honestly though..it was a brilliant match! My fingernails were more or less non-existent by the end of it!!!! :tongue:

G
gzftan
For you!! Everytime we went ahead.....you guys pulled it back with a last minute penalty!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Honestly though..it was a brilliant match! My fingernails were more or less non-existent by the end of it!!!! :tongue:

G

Ha you should have seen the crowd at my house. I swear I was climbing the walls!
Anyway, what was I going to say? Yeah, ok On Sat the NZ-AUS game will be a good one to watch I reckon, and I dont think there will be any rain. :tongue: Im just frustrated that there arent any more games in Brisbane in the Near Future. I mean why on earth did they play in Adelaide and Perth? 1) Dont have teams 2) Are highly AFL religious states!?

It would have been appreciated more here in Brisvegas!
Reply 2879
Everdawn
Ha you should have seen the crowd at my house. I swear I was climbing the walls!

Wasn't everybody!!! :tongue:

That was the most tense game in any sport i've ever witnessed!!!!

G

Latest