The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

gzftan
Wasn't everybody!!! :tongue:

That was the most tense game in any sport i've ever witnessed!!!!

G

I dunnow actually, the passed Wallabies Boks game was pretty good, though it wasnt a final.
Reply 2881
Everdawn
I dunnow actually, the passed Wallabies Boks game was pretty good, though it wasnt a final.

Yeah..but i didn't really have much emotional attachment to that game whereas you did...that's probably why i found the final better.

G
gzftan
Yeah..but i didn't really have much emotional attachment to that game whereas you did...that's probably why i found the final better.

G

of course. :cool:
Eggy Hog
I apologise if I offended you.
But then saying that Doug Howlett is rubbish does smack of ignorance a bit.

As for Wilkinson, now way is he the best fly-half in the world.

Apart from his defensive and kicking game, the bloke is utter shite.
Give a few more years, and Michalak should be just as good.

Are you english, by the way? Or a wannabe aussie? (like so many poms)

I honestly believe Howlett is a very poor player. Sure he can run fast but his defence is lackluster and his positional play non existant.

I do not think Michalak will ever be as good as Wilkinson at kicking but to me that is irrelevent. He is already a better fly half.

Erm ok, 3 of the 22 England players who lifted the world cup went to MY school. The current England Academy coach and former England backs coach, taught me for many, many years as my coach at school. I played rep footy for my county and England. Yes I am just about English.
Reply 2885
Joey_Johns
I honestly believe Howlett is a very poor player. Sure he can run fast but his defence is lackluster and his positional play non existant.

I do not think Michalak will ever be as good as Wilkinson at kicking but to me that is irrelevent. He is already a better fly half.

Erm ok, 3 of the 22 England players who lifted the world cup went to MY school. The current England Academy coach and former England backs coach, taught me for many, many years as my coach at school. I played rep footy for my county and England. Yes I am just about English.

What school is that RGS High Wycombe, Wellington, Barnard Castle?
Eggy Hog
Woodward is still a pretty good coach though - but an arrogant tit nonetheless

I disagree. HE is a poor coach, it is the people he surrounds him with that makes (or made) the team great. I was told that by a current England International.
Coss@ck
What school is that RGS High Wycombe, Wellington, Barnard Castle?

Lol Wycombe only had 1 rep player in the last world cup. Wellington = 0 and Barnard Castle = 0. Try again :tongue:
Reply 2888
Joey_Johns
I disagree. HE is a poor coach, it is the people he surrounds him with that makes (or made) the team great. I was told that by a current England International.

Will Carling said a very similar thing at a recent corporate rugby tournament i played in
Reply 2889
Joey_Johns
Lol Wycombe only had 1 rep player in the last world cup. Wellington = 0 and Barnard Castle = 0. Try again :tongue:

hmmm.....im guessing its a public school, Lord Wandsworth? (wilkinsons old school i think), Sedburgh? erm Manchester Grammar? im running out of ideas...
Coss@ck
Will Carling said a very similar thing at a recent corporate rugby tournament i played in

Indeed. HE has now appointed Joe Lydon as his attacking coach so things should start to look up for England now.

Will Carling went to our main rivals Scumbergh.
Coss@ck
hmmm.....im guessing its a public school, Lord Wandsworth? (wilkinsons old school i think), Sedburgh? erm Manchester Grammar? im running out of ideas...

Lol Manchester are SHITE. GEtting close with Sedbergh.
Reply 2892
Joey_Johns
Lol Manchester are SHITE. GEtting close with Sedbergh.

manchester tore my team apart when we were like 12 as they had a couple of 18 stoners in the team, probably are shite but weve beaten every time since....erm i dont know mnay of the northern teams...Colstons maybe?
Reply 2893
Joey_Johns

That seems like quite a pedigree ...
I made the Stade Toulousain under-17 side (training with players such as Michalak, Poitrenaud and Baby in the team) and trialed for France under-18s at half-back.
That was until I got seriously injured and gave up :frown:

As for Howlett we agree to differ
And now for my playing History: I didnt play in the Wavell Girl's side becuase id get slaughtered, plain and simple.

Two of my brothers on the other hand, one made it to Queensland schoolboys the other made it to reserve Australian Schoolboys until deciding that he wanted to concerntrate on his 'studies' *idiot* And my dad used to play for NSW country when he was young.

I still muck around with my siblings though. Its fun...

And there it is, the story of Eve's Rugby. :biggrin:
Reply 2895
Everdawn
And now for my playing History: I didnt play in the Wavell Girl's side becuase id get slaughtered, plain and simple.

Two of my brothers on the other hand, one made it to Queensland schoolboys the other made it to reserve Australian Schoolboys until deciding that he wanted to concerntrate on his 'studies' *idiot* And my dad used to play for NSW country when he was young.

I still muck around with my siblings though. Its fun...

And there it is, the story of Eve's Rugby. :biggrin:

How old is your brother that made the Oz schoolboys. My cousin did as well in 2001 (he played for ACT though)
My brother was 1997 so it was a while ago.
Reply 2897
Coss@ck
manchester tore my team apart when we were like 12 as they had a couple of 18 stoners in the team, probably are shite but weve beaten every time since....erm i dont know mnay of the northern teams...Colstons maybe?

Colstone's are AMAZING!!!!!! I saw them play in the final of the Daily Mail Cup....bloody hell...they demolished the other team...scoring something like 50 points with no reply. And they even had their best player away with the England U19s!!!! :eek: Olly Barkley went there.

G
gzftan
Colstone's are AMAZING!!!!!! I saw them play in the final of the Daily Mail Cup....bloody hell...they demolished the other team...scoring something like 50 points with no reply. And they even had their best player away with the England U19s!!!! :eek: Olly Barkley went there.

G

They are also cheating b*stards with 3/4 of there team on 'scholarships'. Often known as Ringers. Many top teams have now boycotted the Daily Mail cup and refuse to play teams like Colston's, Oakham and Millfield.
Joey_Johns
They are also cheating b*stards with 3/4 of there team on 'scholarships'. Often known as Ringers. Many top teams have now boycotted the Daily Mail cup and refuse to play teams like Colston's, Oakham and Millfield.

Heh! Thats what my brother's school was accused of... well not so much accused but utter truth, around half the team are scolarship kids for the soul purpose of winning Nudgee a premiership.. :rolleyes: In their defence, most of them are pretty good.

Latest