The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2900
Joey_Johns
They are also cheating b*stards with 3/4 of there team on 'scholarships'. Often known as Ringers. Many top teams have now boycotted the Daily Mail cup and refuse to play teams like Colston's, Oakham and Millfield.

I take it you mean: "Come to Colstone's to play rugby....and we'll give you a scholarship".

A lot of schools do that..though you're right..not to the same extent.

G
Eggy Hog
How old is your brother that made the Oz schoolboys. My cousin did as well in 2001 (he played for ACT though)

Did he go to St Edmunds?
Reply 2902
Joey_Johns
They are also cheating b*stards with 3/4 of there team on 'scholarships'. Often known as Ringers. Many top teams have now boycotted the Daily Mail cup and refuse to play teams like Colston's, Oakham and Millfield.

I think we played them when they toured the Sout-west of France. Is it a blue and yellow striped shirt?
Bunch of scummy cheating peasants anyway, dirty players too ... one of them was sent off for trying to poke someones eye out (must have been a South African import :biggrin: )
Reply 2903
gzftan
I take it you mean: "Come to Colstone's to play rugby....and we'll give you a scholarship".

A lot of schools do that..though you're right..not to the same extent.

G

Some schools do it even worse tho, Brighton College spend loads of money offering scholarships to rugby players from NZ, South Sea Islands and South Africa - doesnt work tho, they're still pretty shite
Reply 2904
Everdawn
Did he go to St Edmunds?

No Marist College Canberra
Eggy Hog
I think we played them when they toured the Sout-west of France. Is it a blue and yellow striped shirt?
Bunch of scummy cheating peasants anyway, dirty players too ... one of them was sent off for trying to poke someones eye out (must have been a South African import :biggrin: )

Blame it on Perfect Percy, its all his fault. :tongue:
Reply 2906
Eggy Hog

Yeah..Blue and yellow..that's them.....:smile:

Has anyone figured out which school JJ went to yet??

G
Reply 2907
gzftan
Yeah..Blue and yellow..that's them.....:smile:

Has anyone figured out which school JJ went to yet??

G

I know but im not sure whether he wants it posted on the forum
Reply 2908
Coss@ck
I know but im not sure whether he wants it posted on the forum

Is it up north...or down south...or somewhere in the middle??

G
I forgive them him if we get Gerrard :smile:
Reply 2910
gzftan
Is it up north...or down south...or somewhere in the middle??

G

up north
Reply 2911
Coss@ck
up north

Bah..doubt i'll know it then....unless they played in the final of the Daily Mail Cup/Plate...or they are really really well known.

G
Reply 2912
gzftan
Bah..doubt i'll know it then....unless they played in the final of the Daily Mail Cup/Plate...or they are really really well known.

G

na, where did you go to school?
Reply 2913
Coss@ck
na, where did you go to school?

I doubt you'd have heard of us....Tiffin Boys....we're a decent enough rugby school..but nothing like the Colstone standard. And yourself??

G
Reply 2914
gzftan
I doubt you'd have heard of us....Tiffin Boys....we're a decent enough rugby school..but nothing like the Colstone standard. And yourself??

G

Yeh ive heard of tiffins - i went to Berkhamsted - the only reason you might have heard of it is cos we have one of the best U13 sevens tournaments and we have won a couple of sevens tournaments in the last few years - nothing to set the world on fire tho
Reply 2915
Coss@ck
Yeh ive heard of tiffins - i went to Berkhamsted - the only reason you might have heard of it is cos we have one of the best U13 sevens tournaments and we have won a couple of sevens tournaments in the last few years - nothing to set the world on fire tho

The name rings a bell....we hardly ever win stuff....we always manage to do well....never brilliantly.

G
Reply 2916
Everdawn i thought you might appreciate this
Guys, you know what we should do, Start a UKL Union soc. so we can talk all the union we like on that and leave this for Tri-Nations, does someone want to do that?
Coss@ck
Everdawn i thought you might appreciate this

oh, im reading it now...
Ahhhh! Thats CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :tongue: :tongue:

Latest