Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I want to see the gymnastics! A girl at my school would have been in the team (she's been to the Commonwealths and everything, got 2 medals there) but she injured her back earlier this year and has had to retire. Absolutely gutting, as she's given her life to the sport and had to give up before her biggest event. Plus my old coach does gymnastics commentary :cool: I'll be rooting for the Brits, obviously, and the Eastern Europeans after them.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by integral_neo)
:eek: omg i cant believe it.. :eek:
Me neither. I just got back off holiday and this is the first I've heard of it!
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I twas reported on Sky sports news when i got in that Jensen Button has allegedly signed an agreement to join Williams for the 2005 season despite claims he has been contracted to BAR for the same year. BAR aren't too happy about the situation as you can imagine. So people, do you think it will happen and if so is this a wise move considering that BAR are in the ascendacy compared to Williams rather poor performance this year?

Button to Williams
Euler
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I caught the tube in the morning and it was on the front page of Metro my mouth dropped i couldnt believe it i just read few days ago that he was goin to sign a 4 year deal with BAR it was certain and suddenly this swtich of plans...he has a great potential but im not sure whether williiams will be able to provide him with the ammunition for winng the world championship as they are already established but BAR is very ambitious and they wanna vbe the best so they would have improved their car drastically over next years...i read that the switch was due to BAR not agreeing for a 4 year deal and not just button betraying BAR..i would have liked him to go to McLaren instead with Kimi (both my fav drivers)
Marie55
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The gymnastics are fantastic to watch but my fave olympic sports are all the ones involving the horses. Cross country and show jumping are so exciting and dressage is interesting to watch when u can appreciate what they are doing and how amazing it is.
Euler
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
and shumacher should retire next year
firebladez777.5
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by integral_neo)
:eek: omg i cant believe it.. :eek:
Neither can I :eek:
He really is one of most talented midfielders England have (or, had). I agree with whoever said England wasn't doing it for him.
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I was as shocked as anyone when I heard it and think it's a great shame as football wise he is the one player I model myself on most. Although I can understand why he did what he did, I wish he had waited till after the world cup.
p8224
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
gymnastics! it's amazing what these gymnasts can do with their bodies!
sychronized swimming/diving is quite fun to watch too
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The basketball.
Stern_blues
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Mine ofcourse are birmingham City, i'm a season ticket holder and love the blues they're my local team, i live in birmingham

so who do you lot support and why?
Attached files
wizard
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I ve bought tickets for track & field, basketball, football and tennis.
Spleenus`
Report 15 years ago
I support Colchester United simply cause I live in Colchester and it's always good to support your local team who you're going to have more chance to see and it's more exciting than supporting a team who'll finish in the top half of the premier league every season.
Stern_blues
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Spleenus`)
I support Colchester United simply cause I live in Colchester and it's always good to support your local team who you're going to have more chance to see and it's more exciting than supporting a team who'll finish in the top half of the premier league every season.
True

luckily for me, my local team will hopefully(with the team we've got) finish in the top half of the premierleague, and i would support them even if they were a confrence team...
trinigyal
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by wizard)
I ve bought tickets for track & field, basketball, football and tennis.
Ooooh... you're so lucky! I wish I could be there. :rolleyes:
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Spleenus`)
at least you have a half decent local team

i support Aylesbury United, they are my local side, been supporting them for like 13 years now and i always will, it's never really dull but we are sooooo ****e atm
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Stern_blues
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
boro always have a good team but never fulfill their potentual, but i suppose winning the league cup aint bad
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well I'd just like to point out you chould have chosen any two pictures to depict your club on your original post, and you chose two of the same player.

Being a one man team isn't that bad I suppose, but it's ten times worse when that player doesn't even play for your club........

material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Well I'd just like to point out you chould have chosen any two pictures to depict your club on your original post, and you chose two of the same player.

Being a one man team isn't that bad I suppose, but it's ten times worse when that player doesn't even play for your club........

good pics
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (31)
25%
No (93)
75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed