The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3060
Arsenal for the treble or maybe the quadruple. I might settle for the premiership, the FA Cup, and a good (better than usual) showing in the champions league. We need to do well in the CL if we want to keep Viera if he stays.
Maybe Liverpool for the league cup.
goldenbarnes
Ah, so you've signed Forssell on a permanent basis, then? Blimey - must've missed that one.
not according to this, tho admittadly quite old
yes you said and i quote " that player doesn't even play for your club"

which he does
Stern_blues
yes you said and i quote " that player doesn't even play for your club"

which he does

Blaaaaaaaa, you know what I meant. :tongue:

Emile Heskey. He never used to be able to control a ball. Then he went through a stage where not just miscontrolling it was enough, and instead, he'd fall over as well as miscontrolling it.

Now....

"'Heskey, who joined from Liverpool for £6.35m, fell awkwardly in the 16th minute after attempting to control a pass from Stan Lazaridis"

Yes, that's right, he injures himself every time he tries to control the ball.

Oh dear
Reply 3064
Southampton :biggrin:
Reply 3065
Everton of course. I'm from Liverpool, and the family traditionally support Everton.
Reply 3066
Play Texas Hold-em with friends (although not for real money). In fact, we've played the last two nights, with me making a tidy 'profit' tonight, after nearly going bust at one point. Great game.
Reply 3067
Lincoln-it's the natural choice when you come from Leeds....
Well, my dad's from Newark down the road and always followed their progress, and we've got family friends in Lincoln who go sometimes - they took me to a match back in 1998 and I was hooked.
Joey_Johns
I see Dougie ''All at sea'' Howlett impressed again with his fine positional play giving big Lote all the time in the world for his try :rolleyes:

Oh man we thought Lyonsie had stuffed it up for a second there, and then good ol Georgie Smith got it and had to good look to Lote! Yay! Im so glad Georgie got Man of the match, although if not him I would have given it to Phil Waugh, he had a blinder to, infact my dad was placing bets with us that it would be him, but no.. I was right, George Smith.

*Shakes head* Kiwis playing intentionally offside....*shakes head again*

But, jeez who was that guy who had the biff with Larkham? nasty little so-and-so...

But Hey im happy! Matty Giteau made all his shots at goal this week!...

And it was Matty Burke's last game in Australia. :frown:

But I will say this it was exciting ! :wink:
Fulham Football Club!

FFC
Reply 3070
we have the best fences, according to sky
Stern_blues
you should join a history club...

how is deadly doug and your great squad of players?

the past is villa's, the future is birmingham's

We have better players than you.... end of.

I'll admit I'm frustrated by our lack of signings but at least we haven't bought:

A Donkey (Heskey)
A Has been (Izzet)
Someone who I can cross better than (Gronkjaer)

I will put money on us finishing at least 3 places higher than you.
I support Stockport County because its fun watching a team that is consistently rubbish, and they are my local team (everyone should support their local team).

I also have a soft spot for Macclesfield Town. But I think every County fan does. I have no idea why. Its probably because County have a bizarre, close relationship with Macc.
Reply 3073
Grr, I don't want Danny to leave! We're going to have no players left soon! I'm not to pleased about this!
Reply 3074
I support Liverpool but my best mate is a Palace fan so I'll be cheering them on this season. I went to the play off final and have a Crystal Palace flag!
Nice to see our future england star Dean Bowditch get on the scoresheet for ipswich (and quite a goal too). Its a tribute to him we cold every young player we had over the past 2 years but didnt let Man U have him for 1.5 m when was 15. Personally, i would be happy if i was the Coventry manager, fantastic result for them. Donnie rovers winning was also a good win, surely they cant be promoted again?
sherbert
how many goals will arsenal's youth team put past the pile of manure on sunday??

Maybe 1-1 is my guess of the scoreline, with Man U winning 4-3 at the shootout.
Reply 3077
As many as they can. Seeing as it would be very difficult for BOTH teams to lose, I suppose I will have to support arsenal
Reply 3078
George-W-Duck
Donnie rovers winning was also a good win, surely they cant be promoted again?

Why not? Plymouth and Rotherham have both managed to go from 3rd-->1st in quick succession. I know Rotherham did it in consecutive seasons, not sure whether Plymouth had 2 seasons in the 2nd or just one. There's not a great gulf between the 2nd and 3rd Divisions (sorry, League One and League Two :rolleyes: ), its the 1st Division that's the big step up.
3-0 to the Arse.

Latest