Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well, Mr Quote-a-lot, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. The only Man Utd players (honestly) I believe would get in the Chelsea team are RvN and Rio. Mebies Giggs. And I'd rather have Mourinho as manager than Alex Ferguson.

That's just my honest opinion, and as an unbiased supporter from none of the Championship challenging teams, it's more valuable and reliable than yours. So to you.
mobbdeeprob
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Well, Mr Quote-a-lot, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. The only Man Utd players (honestly) I believe would get in the Chelsea team are RvN and Rio. Mebies Giggs. And I'd rather have Mourinho as manager than Alex Ferguson.

That's just my honest opinion, and as an unbiased supporter from none of the Championship challenging teams, it's more valuable and reliable than yours. So to you.
What!!!!! My opinion is the only one that matters, don't ya know?

Ruud and Rio would walk in, agreed. Giggs would have to feature, he's a legend. Scholes probably wouldn't fit into Chelsey's system - even though he's meritworthy. You're telling me you wouldn't play Ronaldo?!!! Doubt it. I reckon Saha is more effective than Kezman too - and a Drogba/Saha axis would be...interesting. Silvestre would probably be in there as a long shot too. Liam Miller is going to be three times the player of Lampard.
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Ok,...let's compare the teams position by position..and i will honestly try my best to choose the best 11.....without bias..or at least as unbiased as i can possibly be..

Keeper: Cudicini or Cech over Howard any day!

Full Backs: Ok..i'd have Gary Neville in RB...left back i'd have bridge

Centre Backs: Gallas and Terry would be mine...ferdinand might have a shout when he comes back...but he's been out for so long you couldn't pick him straight away ahead of the two i've mentioned. And that's not even thinking about Carvalho....i might put him in instead of Gallas

Wingers: I'll give you Ronaldo on the right....i'd have Duff/Robben on the left

Midfield: Lampard definitely....probably makelele beside him for balance.....maybe scholes ahead of lampard....but only cos scholes is technically better...lampard is playing much better than scholes atm

Up front: See..tempted to say Kezman and Drogba....but van Nistelrooy is good....but personally i wouldn't have him in for either of them....but i'll give you a half point for that.

Overall i make it something like 7-4 to chelsea players.....and i swear..that's being as objective as i can be

G

Up front:
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
Y'know what rob....for a manure supporter....you're actually not that bad a bloke

G
I'm a great bloke and I can't help but support the best.
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mobbdeeprob)
I'm a great bloke and I can't help but support the best.
Erm..nowhere did i mention the word great.......and with regards to the best...you're getting confused again....you support manure remember???

G
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Okay, fairly, IMO:

Cudicini
Neville Terry Ferdinand Bridge
Ronaldo Lampard Makelele Duff
Kezman RvN
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Okay, fairly, IMO:

Cudicini
Neville Terry Ferdinand Bridge
Ronaldo Lampard Makelele Duff
Kezman RvN
Yep..pretty much what i figured...although i couldn't make outright decisions so i put i a few half points split between the two teams in

G
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
GK: Cudicini

LB: Silvestre
CB: Ferdinand
CB: Terry
RB: G. Neville

LM: Robben/Duff
DMC: Makelele
AMC: Scholes
RM: Ronaldo

ST: Van Nistelrooy
ST: Drogba

Sub 1: Lampard
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
GK: Cudicini

LB: Silvestre
CB: Ferdinand
CB: Terry
RB: G. Neville

LM: Robben/Duff
DMC: Makelele
AMC: Scholes
RM: Ronaldo

ST: Van Nistelrooy
ST: Drogba

Sub 1: Lampard
That's a possibility i suppose...but i think you rate Silvestre too highly....i think bridge is better by far...both in attack and defence

G
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That's a possibility i suppose...but i think you rate Silvestre too highly....i think bridge is better by far...both in attack and defence

G
I'm not to sure about that. he doesn't look that great to me. Make no mistake though - neither of these guys are brilliant. Ashley Cole would get the nod ahead, every time...which brings me to yet another interesting idea!
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
In honesty: Man United/Arsenal/Chelsea - who would make the best XI?
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm not to sure about that. he doesn't look that great to me. Make no mistake though - neither of these guys are brilliant. Ashley Cole would get the nod ahead, every time...which brings me to yet another interesting idea!
Oh..i like that idea..ok then people...combined top three teams last season.....first XI!

Goal: Cudicini/Cech

Full backs: Cole and Neville

Centre Backs: Terry and Campbell

Wingers: Robben/Duff and Pires (just ahead of Ronaldo)

Midfield: Lampard/Scholes and Vieira (unless he leaves..in which case back to maka)

Strikers: Henry and Kezman

G
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oh..i like that idea..ok then people...combined top three teams last season.....first XI!

Goal: Cudicini/Cech

Full backs: Cole and Neville

Centre Backs: Terry and Campbell

Wingers: Robben/Duff and Pires (just ahead of Ronaldo)

Midfield: Lampard/Scholes and Vieira (unless he leaves..in which case back to maka)

Strikers: Henry and Kezman

G
Why are you so harsh on Ruud?! It makes logical sense to play him with Henry!

As for the general form, I'd agree - although Rio and Terry would be interchangeable IMO.

Pires would easily play ahead of Ronaldo too - hands down.
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Why are you so harsh on Ruud?! It makes logical sense to play him with Henry!

As for the general form, I'd agree - although Rio and Terry would be interchangeable IMO.

Pires would easily play ahead of Ronaldo too - hands down.
Sorry...i know he's a world class striker....but he didn't end the season in fine form...and in the pre season warmups....kezman looks to be brilliant...and i don't see how you can leave him out. Bear in mind a lot of my decisions are based on form..which i know is silly seeing as the season hasn't started yet..but going by what i've seen most recently.

That's another reason i'm edging scholes out with lampy..and also Terry ahead of Rio...since Rio hasn't played for about 7 months

G
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Sorry...i know he's a world class striker....but he didn't end the season in fine form...and in the pre season warmups....kezman looks to be brilliant...and i don't see how you can leave him out. Bear in mind a lot of my decisions are based on form..which i know is silly seeing as the season hasn't started yet..but going by what i've seen most recently.

That's another reason i'm edging scholes out with lampy..and also Terry ahead of Rio...since Rio hasn't played for about 7 months

G
That's because Rio's been in the gym. He looks to have put on about 30 pounds of muscle and he's going to kick some serious ass!
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'll probably do it.
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That's because Rio's been in the gym. He looks to have put on about 30 pounds of muscle and he's going to kick some serious ass!
Lol...i wouldn't know..haven't seen much of Rio recently. He is a top defender though.....your defence missed him so much last season.

G
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Stern_blues)
y
What about Maccarone, you paid more money for him than we did for heskey, but that was a class goal he scored past us last season... ashame
I just loved Upson's diving header.
trouttrout
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Cardiff City! Bluebirds! Best Team To Ever Set Foot On Grass!
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Good news..Kezman's 3 match ban has been quashed!! It wasn't a red card anyway..dumb referee

G
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads