Report 15 years ago
Hakinen has also considered returning and taking over jenson's place at BAR
Ollie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
I realised theres been a lack of F1 threads lately, so I thought Id make one about the recent news that Jenson Button has signed for Williams for next season!

On another note, KIMIS BACK!
Sounds highly conravertial by the looks of it. He seems to be contracted to both BAR and Williams. Hope he hasnt shot himself in the foot with this.
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think it's becuase Honda are putting pressure on BAR to have Sato as their number one - at the moment Sato goes kamikaze, crashes, and Button has to go slowly just to get points for BAR.

At Williams he will be the undisputed number one, so has a chance of winning races and eventually becoming world champion.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
That comp starts after the seaosn starts though.

I think premierleague.com is the best one to do.
Which is good as it gives us more time to make our teams as we only have 5 days left until the season starts and we are still discussing even at this point which league to join
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by pkonline)
Oi oi Villa boy! Izzet isn't a has been!

On a side point, why a Birmingham trying to copy Leicester?! They play in blue, and have Izzet, Heskey and Savage! Get your own team Birmingham!

I hope 'the Championship' treats you well, Dirty Fox!
Stan G
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
Burnley

Going to Rotherham tonight in the hope of seeing us pick up our first win under new boss Steve Cotterill. I'm not expecting it. We'll be lucky to stay up this season. Times are hard at Turf Moor.
Stan G
Report 15 years ago
I think it's a good move for Button, and like Lord Huntroyde says (you're not Lord Huntroyde of Huntroyde hall are you?) it'll hopefully lead to him becoming World Champion.
runrunrun
Report 15 years ago
The best advice i can give you would be to not listen to any of these people.

Go to:

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_re...?thread=308471

you might find some interesting things
sherbert
Report 15 years ago
:mad: surrey were a effing disgrace! they should all be fired from a cannon over the thames to st johns wood were they belong.
Bitewing
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Incomplete)
Hence do 10 reps of 400 at 62s.
10 x 400m at 62 speed? :eek: That sounds a bit extreme, how long a recovery inbetween?

I definately agree, repitions are the way when training for the 800m, though you have to be careful not to do too many in a session that your speed drops.
sherbert
Report 15 years ago
ok so this was a friendly with many top players not participating, but cesc fabregas was without question deserving of a share of reyes man of the match award. to see him control the midfield at only 17 years of age against those man ure has-beens on sunday was amazing. with reyes, van persie, clichy, hoyte and the rest, i don't think we will miss vieira as much as the papers are making out. it was a great performance without pires, ljungberg, edu, sol and henry for the second half. bye bye patrick, enjoy sitting on the bench at the bernabeu alongside michael owen!
Stan G
Report 15 years ago
What a shambles from Lancs. It should have been in the bag. Methinks it's time for Warren Hegg to hang up his gloves and let someone younger with fresher ideas have a crack. How we find ourselves in this position after our start to the season is a travesty.
Stan G
Report 15 years ago
Looks like Carrick might be heading your way as well.
Lee86
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
the only patrick u need to worry about this season is patrick klivert
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Which is good as it gives us more time to make our teams as we only have 5 days left until the season starts and we are still discussing even at this point which league to join
Good point.

BBC it will be then!
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Arsenal will miss Vieira.

It's easy to patch up the cracks for the odd game. But for those cold mid-season games, they will be missing their engine.
amyitfc
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
predictions for 'the championship' are really difficult this year - there are so many teams that expect to be there or there abouts for promotion places. everyone points to the newly relegated but they might have forgotten just how hard it is to get out of this damn division.
cardiff, cov, millwall, reading, sheff utd & wigan all missed out on playoffs last year but were all sniffing around for quite a while so why not again?
then theres the 3 playoff teams last year - ipswich, sunderland & west ham
then the releg teams!
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
Arsenal will miss Vieira.

It's easy to patch up the cracks for the odd game. But for those cold mid-season games, they will be missing their engine.
have to agree, and Carrick is an O.K signing, but is no replacement for vieira

i think Arsenal should seel Vieira though because it's no use having a caotain who clearly isnt commited, they could easily find a decent replacement for him for half the price, someone like pienar(sp?) from Ajaz and that spanish bloke from Sociedad
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bitewing)
10 x 400m at 62 speed? :eek: That sounds a bit extreme, how long a recovery inbetween?

I definately agree, repitions are the way when training for the 800m, though you have to be careful not to do too many in a session that your speed drops.
minute or two depending on the stage of the training, your age, your ability ect
yeah its pretty hard i agree, ive never done it but if i was seriously training for 800 and wanted to lower my time from 2.10 that is what i would do
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by runrunrun)
The best advice i can give you would be to not listen to any of these people.
why?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (135)
62.79%
No I haven't decided yet (46)
21.4%
Yes but I might change my mind (34)
15.81%

Watched Threads