The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Never trust a Belgian....
Reply 3241
serious narb
never gambled ever in my life but that does sound like a very good bet.

Where did you get those odds, i'm tempted :smile:

LOL, I'm the same
Reply 3242
Dajoruna
The Olympics are truely fun to watch, so many sports you otherwise would not see.

True, 4 billion ppl watch it! half of the world population!!! :eek:
Reply 3243
~Sam~
Grr, I don't want Danny to leave! We're going to have no players left soon! I'm not to pleased about this!

LOL, :biggrin:
Reply 3244
He's actually gone to Charlton.
Reply 3245
Looks like Liverpool are getting Xabi Alonso from Real Sociedad to replace him. And Owen could be soon departed, with Morientes or Eto'o and £10m coming in. There've been numerous mentions of Wright-Phillips going to Liverpool too - it's all change at Anfield.
Reply 3246
The move definitely suits Charlton and Murphy more than it does Liverpool. The Pool are losing a quality player who was integral to the team, for next to nothing (a loss infact).
which do you thinks best for real life fighting or defence
Neither. Krav Manga, and Muay Thai. But my honest answer is Karate, in a real fight the distance between two opponents is rarely suitable for Judo. Watch a few Judo matches, and Karate matches you will realize that in a real fight Judo won't be very useful.
Gwarwick
Neither. Krav Manga, and Muay Thai. But my honest answer is Karate, in a real fight the distance between two opponents is rarely suitable for Judo. Watch a few Judo matches, and Karate matches you will realize that in a real fight Judo won't be very useful.

true, though i thought judo might be better for if they grab hold of you. i still think karate coz its involves blocking an all
Who do we like for Saturday people?

Im thinking that NZ will win, but for interests sake, I hope the boks get up.
Reply 3251
Everdawn
Who do we like for Saturday people?

Im thinking that NZ will win, but for interests sake, I hope the boks get up.

Yep Im thinking the same although the game in Christchurch was really close and the NZ defence didnt look to hot on Saturday, so SA have definately got a good chance especially if they can get their back three to work properly
elpollodiablouk
Looks like Liverpool are getting Xabi Alonso from Real Sociedad to replace him. And Owen could be soon departed, with Morientes or Eto'o and £10m coming in. There've been numerous mentions of Wright-Phillips going to Liverpool too - it's all change at Anfield.

Don't believe every rumour you hear.
Reply 3253
tennis. come on tim!
Niether are the best

Kick Boxing :cool:
I used to do judo, so I voted for that. I think I'd find it helpful in a fight to be honest, I don't know why you think it wouldn't be :confused:
Reply 3256
Hi guys;
As part of my dissertation, I'm supposed to collected data. I would be extremely grateful if you could spare few minute to complete my questionnaire by clicking on the link below.

http://www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=173986

Cheers.

IKO :cool:
Reply 3257
horrorboy

Wushu is the best martial art.
Reply 3258
hams
tennis. come on tim!

Tim's no longer taking part due to a back injury that has slightly troubled him
Sad news as it probably would of been his last chance at the olympics
Reply 3259
horrorboy

Most well-established martial arts are effective if you train hard for a good number of years.

Latest