Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Marky_B
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
Please make yourself known here, and any predictions on the future season would be great!!
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You're rubbish, you're trying to get a game postponed because you know you'll get whalloped, Half your team is always injured, Bobby Robson's too old, Shearer's nearly past it, your defence is awful, your midfield is average and Kluivert won't cut it in the Prem.

You'll be lucky to finish top 6.
Fleffzilla
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
You're rubbish, you're trying to get a game postponed because you know you'll get whalloped, Half your team is always injured, Bobby Robson's too old, Shearer's nearly past it, your defence is awful, your midfield is average and Kluivert won't cut it in the Prem.

You'll be lucky to finish top 6.
Doesn't stop us supporting...
MC REN
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
xabi alonso is a better player than danny murphy though, if you sign him it'd be all good
MC REN
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
sports day times don't count for anything
watford110
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Stan G)
I'm a Burnley fan. We'll do well to stay up. On our day with our first choice 11 out we'll be a match for anybody but with only 13 pros we'll struggle once the season gets into November/December/January etc. We should never have got rid of Super Stanley Ternent.

I was at Rotherham tonight and we were appauling.

lookin 4ward to saturday?
watford110
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by s43)
True, 4 billion ppl watch it! half of the world population!!! :eek:
altho its good fun and a truly great institution, give me the football world cup anyday!
Counterpoint
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Haha, I know...

my friend, he's pretty fast... ran the 100 meters in 9.6 seconds... we were rollin laughin... mind you, he used to be a fast runner but that was just some kinda joke on sports day haha.
~Skye~
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I fancy learning a bit of martial arts at some point. It looks kool I'm 18 tho... will that be a disadvantage, do you think?

also, the exams you take... what actually happens?

Cheers
~Skye~
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Stern_blues)
Niether are the best

Kick Boxing :cool:
Oooh! One of my friends does kick boxing.. What is that like and what does it involve? Is it hard?
SPTheOne
Report 15 years ago
i used to do judo for tym, its gr8
unclecraig
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Shotokan karate - all these other martial arts like kick boxing and mui thai etc involve attrition of the opponent.
Shotokan is not flash or terribly exciting to watch but it is designed to eliminate opponents as quickly and effectively as possible, often in a multiple opponent scenario.
If you have a good tutor then free style fighting techniques can feature quite heavily.

I've been doing Shotokan for 10 years now, I used to train with the team GB kumite coach and regularly with a chap from Japan called Mr Kato, who is (or was) head of the Japanese Karate Association.
So If you've got any questions i'd be happy to answer them.
EPD
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
Don't believe every rumour you hear.
The Alonso one is very likely though - they've admitted there's been a bid and are willing to sell, and I do accept that it's not too likely Wright-Phillips will move.
EPD
Report 15 years ago
Got any fans of clubs in 'League Two' here? (I still can't get out of the habit of calling it the third division.) I'm hoping it will finally be Lincoln's season this year, after reaching the playoffs for the last two.
alio
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Skye~)
I fancy learning a bit of martial arts at some point. It looks kool I'm 18 tho... will that be a disadvantage, do you think?

also, the exams you take... what actually happens?

Cheers
no not at all im 18 and just started karate (well i had a years training when i was 13) but there are ppl joining all the time at all different ages and some of them are not fit ie overweight.

with karate u have to learn a kata which is basically a series of movements lasting about a minute. its really easy expecially the first stage and for each different colour belt u learn a different kata. theres some videos on ere

http://www.ozwebart.com.au/kua/kata.htm
shiny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Shotokan Karate is the most popular style of karate practiced in the UK
unclecraig
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by shiny)
Shotokan Karate is the most popular style of karate practiced in the UK
It is very popular by virtue of the fact that it is the original style of karate, but if you are serious be careful about the club you will be training with. My club used to train with other clubs around the country, and some where not as good as others to be quite honest.
Make sure your sensei looks like he knows what he's on about - i.e. a black belt with a couple of Dans.
~Skye~
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by alio)
no not at all im 18 and just started karate (well i had a years training when i was 13) but there are ppl joining all the time at all different ages and some of them are not fit ie overweight.

with karate u have to learn a kata which is basically a series of movements lasting about a minute. its really easy expecially the first stage and for each different colour belt u learn a different kata. theres some videos on ere

http://www.ozwebart.com.au/kua/kata.htm

I wasn't really thinking about karate or judo... (tho some of my friends do that)Maybe kickboxing or Tae kwon do. they look kool
~Skye~
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Also... would lessons at a leisure centre suffice? Or do you have to go to special clubs? :confused:
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah, I'm here.

I see you've signed Adrian Littlejohn today - should be a good signing for you. I think you'll be in the play-off shake-up again; you've a good manager in Keith Alexander, and it's good to see him back after his problems.

What are your predictions for this season?

Here are mine:

1. Yeovil
2. Northampton
3. Mansfield

4. Lincoln
5. Cambridge
6. Notts. County
7. Boston

23. Scunthorpe
24. Leyton Orient

BTW, if you want to talk with more Div. 3 (sorry, League Two) fans, then click on the link in my signature, register (it's free and takes 2/3 minutes), click on League 2 and join in. We don't have any Lincoln fans on there at the moment, so you'd be more than welcome!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (94)
24.42%
No (291)
75.58%

Watched Threads