Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Recusant
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I did Judo for about 5 or 6 years. Karate would be better in a real fight. Judo teaches you no blocks at all, and more often than not, if you do bring a guy down to the ground one of his mates will be there to start kicking you on the floor.
I used to spar from time to time with a mate at school who did Karate. Most of the time it went along the lines of him beating the crap out of me until I could get close enough to throw or wrestle him. Personally, if you want a good self defense art I recommend ju jitsu; basically judo, but with even more joint locks, and punches and blocks etc.
Judo's great fun though! Do it, you won't regret it!
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dr. Blazed)
Oh, we do sweeps in karate too. I'd hope no one would be able to sweep me before I'd punched them a couple of times.
We don't do that in TKD but then again they are all different.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah there's Welsh, Warnock, Potter, Partridge, Mellor and Otsemobor to name a few. I just hope some of them are given a real chance this season
hihihihi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Firstly, I think Owen is fantastic. A move to Real Madrid I think, will be perfect for him. He will improve dramatically and they play it the way he likes it. He won't get lazy, it'll make him even more determined to shows he's just as good as some of the other galacticos.
No, it will be an awful move for Owen. He won't get enough first team REGULAR games to improve. Real Madrid suck..finshed something like 4th last season with the amount of money they spend and the players they have they suuuck. Look what's happened to Mcmanaman and Beckham.
Do you really think Owen will displace Raul, Ronaldo or Morientes in the first team
hihihihi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Yeah there's Welsh, Warnock, Potter, Partridge, Mellor and Otsemobor to name a few. I just hope some of them are given a real chance this season
Ostembor was awesome in Champ man 99/00.
seafood
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by hihihihi)
Do you really think Owen will displace Raul, Ronaldo or Morientes in the first team
I don't see why not. He's definitely on a par with Raul, just needs to sharpen up.

I don't know why people have such a downer on English players.
Hooty McBoob
Report 15 years ago
Have supported Arsenal since I was about five(George Graham-era), mainly because they're my local team, but its becoming increasingly hard to get tickets these days as a lot of "life-long" supporters seem to be springing up (did n't see them when we were grinding out draws against the likes of Sheff Wed and Forest on cold, wet afternoons!) Will prob start watching Sheff Utd/Bristol Rovers depending on where I get into Uni!
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dajoruna)
Right, bare with me here lads (and ladettes). If you place the following eight fold bet:
Spurs to beat Liverpool
Soton to beat Villa
Brom to beat Blackburn
Charlton to beat Bolton
Fulham to beat Man City
Palace to beat Norwich
B'ham to beat Portsmouth
and Newcastle to beat Boro...

The return for a £1 stake on bet365.com is £20,900....

Now don't all start with this "spurs to beat liverpool?!"/"Newcastle to beat Boro?!" nonsense. I am simply letting you know that such a bet exists, do with this information what you want.
i've put 50p on that, it better be right!!!
KerChing
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
i've put 50p on that, it better be right!!!
spurs wont beat liverpool tho
Dajoruna
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by KerChing)
I think its fair to say I'm hoping for a large slice of luck....
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by KerChing)
I agree
KerChing
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think its fair to say I'm hoping for a large slice of luck....
couldnt you just go for the same odds for the other matches.. and put liverpool to win.. so that even if the overall winnings is a little bit lower you would still get say £10k with a £1 bet
infekt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
there are so many ... a few of em i had only heard for the first time !!

Laos Republic ... ? .. i always thout tht was a political party sumwhere in the far east ..

did u guys see the ceremony and wonder where these countries are or am i the only geographically challenged one
KerChing
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by infekt)
there are so many ... a few of em i had only heard for the first time !!

Laos Republic ... ? .. i always thout tht was a political party sumwhere in the far east ..

did u guys see the ceremony and wonder where these countries are or am i the only geographically challenged one
everyone probably hasnt heard of at least one country, mainly due to the fact there are probably loads of minor conflicts (like the serbian/bosnian crisis a few years back), so probably more countries have been formed in recent years, so it isnt hard to realise that some of these countries are virtually unknown.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Right, bare with me here lads (and ladettes). If you place the following eight fold bet:
Spurs to beat Liverpool
Soton to beat Villa
Brom to beat Blackburn
Charlton to beat Bolton
Fulham to beat Man City
Palace to beat Norwich
B'ham to beat Portsmouth
and Newcastle to beat Boro...

The return for a £1 stake on bet365.com is £20,900....

Now don't all start with this "spurs to beat liverpool?!"/"Newcastle to beat Boro?!" nonsense. I am simply letting you know that such a bet exists, do with this information what you want.
Ammmmmazing if it actually pulled off, but absolute madness man it expects absolutley no draws.
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
202 to be precise I think :confused:
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
202 to be precise I think :confused:
yeah ... thts how many are in the olympics n e way ... there mite be some tht arent ...
ThunderCat8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Did you see that poor lady who was from Djibouti. She was all by herself! How sweet
s43
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ThunderCat8)
Did you see that poor lady who was from Djibouti. She was all by herself! How sweet
LOL
s43
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Is third world countries there?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
61.88%
No I haven't decided yet (49)
21.97%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise