Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Stan G
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
A wicket is when the bowling team got a batsman out.
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
I know that we have atleast one person from Brisbane on here. Did anyone go?
Yep thats me and I didnt but two of my league loving Girlfriends did. Shall I give them a call?

EDIT: Nope just seen the time, they will be asleep. Ill ask them tomorrow.
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by winged_hippo)
i know that this is a question typical of a girl, but i am one, and i don't understand cricket. i'm watching it on channel 4 right now and i think i'm lost.

what is an over? how does the scoring work? those are the only 2 questions that i can think of right now, but i need answers people!
Havea gander at this thread....

http://www.uk-learning.net/t55083.html

Some posts don't fill you in on everything..but combined it's more or less all you need to know.

G
an Siarach
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
A waste of money on a player overrated in his prime and now seems past his best (though i hope he proves me wrong). The treatment of Morientes by Real has always astonished me - one of the finest strikers in Europe but they treat him as if he was Carlton Palmer.

Verdict on the move : Gives Liverpool money and a decent player and Real have another 'galactico' to boost their image if not the team. Owen has a chance to get his career back on track. All parties Benefit.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by an Siarach)
A waste of money on a player overrated in his prime and now seems past his best (though i hope he proves me wrong). The treatment of Morientes by Real has always astonished me - one of the finest strikers in Europe but they treat him as if he was Carlton Palmer.

Verdict on the move : Gives Liverpool money and a decent player and Real have another 'galactico' to boost their image if not the team. Owen has a chance to get his career back on track. All parties Benefit.
I agree.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Arsenal have IMPROVED.

They are without a doubt the best team this league has ever seen. We play them next week, and avoiding a 5-0 defeat would be a bonus. They have yet to get out of first gear, and they're sweeping a (admittedly) poor Everton aside with ease.

It doesn't get any better than this - this is total football.
winged_hippo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yeah, i've given up on the cricket, and so now i'm wondering whether beach volleyball, as is being played at the olympics right now, is a proper sport or whether it just gives people the chance to ogle at slender women...
opinions?
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Women?! :eek:

What channel's it on?
winged_hippo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Women?! :eek:

What channel's it on?
lol, it was just on bbc 2, but now its slender women cycling...not quite the same
Stan G
Report 15 years ago
Beach Vollyball is great. Obviously I appreciate the "views" of women's vollyball but the rallies in either are good to watch.
Stan G
Report 15 years ago
Impressive isn't it.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Who says it's going to last forever or all season?
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Who says it's going to last forever or all season?
No one. But even if it ends right now in the second half against Everton they still will have been the finest team to grace English football.
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No one. But even if it ends right now in the second half against Everton they still will have been the finest team to grace English football.
:rolleyes:

You can't judge by half a game against a weak Everton side.
Stan G
Report 15 years ago
Wish they'd just stick it in the net sometimes though. One day they'll pay for trying to score the perfect goal.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You're right.

But you can judge it on a whole season unbeaten - an amazing feat in itself. But when you consider they're by no means playing defensive football and scraping one nils, they're actually playing the most entertaining, pure and attractive football known to man it becomes even more amazing.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
But you can judge it on a whole season unbeaten
Yes in the Premiership. They have lost to an English team in a different cup tournament though
Stan G
Report 15 years ago
Can't help but admire Arsenal. I'm not a fan of any Premiership side, I support Burnley and never really pay much attention to the Premier but watching Arsenal these last two/three years has been must-see.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Yes in the Premiership. They have lost to an English team in a different cup tournament though

Boro beat them twice last year
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Boro beat them twice last year
Bet you enjoyed that then Silly statement really .....

When does that Arsenal match finish? Mum's watching film on TV ATM.....
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (77)
67.54%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
18.42%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
14.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed