Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Sam2k
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Incomplete)
what is the difference in rules between the nba and the olympics for basketball?
Olympic has 10 minute quarters, 5 fouls, funny shaped lane, more lenient on fouls, turnover for holding the ball 5 seconds while guarded without dribbling, Shorter 3 point I believe...
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Fly By)
is that yao ming actually good?

i dont watch B-ball but i just see the hype around him
He's good,one of the best centers in the world, but I don't think he lives up to the hype that surrounds him.
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
is that yao ming actually good?

i dont watch B-ball but i just see the hype around him
Yao Ming's good, needs to get stronger though. He should keep getting better each season.
Fly By
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nylex)
Yao Ming's good, needs to get stronger though. He should keep getting better each season.
oh right cool. hes the one in that apple laptop advert aint he? hes massive
MC REN
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hes good, but theres plenty better :rolleyes:

apparently china have some new wonderkid in their squad as well, didn;t see their game but apparently gasol stomped all over them
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
oh right cool. hes the one in that apple laptop advert aint he? hes massive
Yes, he is the one with the big laptop who always meets a midget with a bigger one. He's also in another commericial but I don't remember the company. The whole thing is like Yo, Yao, Yo, Yao....
Fly By
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mr Moncal)
Yes, he is the one with the big laptop who always meets a midget with a bigger one. He's also in another commericial but I don't remember the company. The whole thing is like Yo, Yao, Yo, Yao....
lol the midget is from austin powers.

*mini me*
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol the midget is from austin powers.

*mini me*
Is it really min me? I just always thought they were trying to make it look like him.
Fly By
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mr Moncal)
Is it really min me? I just always thought they were trying to make it look like him.
lol nah, i think it is him.
MC REN
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yeah i think it is him (haven't seen advert in months though)
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What time is the Crunch race between Phelps and Thorpedo tomorrow?
Also what race is it?
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
Watched it on television (it's on Sky over here). Good crowd and decent first half. (Brisbane, Melbourne and N.Z. are my three N.R.L. teams).

Over 49,500 there and the commentators said that there were no way that an extra 3,000 would have got in.

See if your friends agree that there were more there then they held their hands up to.
I watched it too, was a good game. Karmichael Hunt looks a fine propspect. Just hope he decides to play for the kiwis. If he chooses AUS it will be another sham in the game.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by christos)
mines is panathinaikos
Why?
Nylex
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I don't think I've seen that Apple advert.
MJ_23
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
USA got murdered. Byt my favs are ray allen/kobe bryant and the knicks
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Why don't people realise they are not the force they once were and stop judging them by their past for the present and future?
I dunno....never mind....at least you can't accuse Rob of being a gloryhunter........no glory in supporting manure

G
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
They said it was good. And they joined in the chant some guys started going "Willie is a ******!" ... and thats all they had to say really. Im not sure they are really into League, I think they are just posers, there to be cool.
Everdawn
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
yeh he got silver, van nistelrooy or something

edit: van hoooooogenband

Van DAN Hoogerwattie... lol
Everdawn
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well im going the WNBA, and saying Lauren Jackson, becuase ive known her since her AIS days.
Everdawn
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Read this!!!! from the Courier Mail this weekend.

WALLABIES coach Eddie Jones has waded into a verbal war with Springboks rival Jake White over "cheap and personal" attacks on the Australians in the countdown to Saturday's Tri-Nations decider.

Jones last night told The Daily Telegraph that the Wallabies expected week-long taunting, off-field confrontations and possible spying on their game preparations as both sides chase the title in a blockbuster Durban finale.

White went public yesterday with his plans for an orchestrated media campaign to unsettle the Australians.

It includes branding second-rower Justin Harrison as the dirtiest player in international rugby, highlighting hooker Brendan Cannon's punch on All Blacks rival Keven Mealamu and a television advertisement that celebrates injuries to winger Clyde Rathbone.

As the Australians took up residence at a Durban golf resort, Jones said a so-called "Hate the Wallabies" drive had already begun, only hours after South Africa downed the All Blacks 40-26 in Johannesburg to keep alive their title hopes.

"There was an ad on TV showing all the instances of Clyde being hit this season," Jones said.

"It shows him being treated for facial wounds by our doctor, all that sort of stuff, so we've got a fair idea what's coming this week.

"The cheap and personal stuff doesn't surprise me. But it will strengthen our resolve."

Jones confirmed he would request added security at Australian training sessions this week after the South Africans stooped to taping the Wallabies' final run before a Tri-Nations match last year.

"We know they taped our captain's run the day before the Test and used that to assist their preparation," he said.

"It's an indisputable fact. I know because I was told by one of their coaching staff."

White has fired further barbs, calling Jones a hypocrite over his reaction to foul play allegations All Blacks halfback Justin Marshall levelled at Harrison.

Marshall said he was deliberately gouged in the Sydney clash, and Jones called for the Kiwi to be censured for his comments. White said Jones had "got to be kidding".

Jones replied: "Jake talks big. And he's done that consistently. He seems to have an opinion on every other team apart from his own.

"But that won't bother us, especially when there's no rationale behind it. All it does show is that this is going to be one of our most challenging experiences.

"They'll have a whole country willing them to do well. But it will galvanise us and, in the end, it comes down to 80 minutes on Saturday.

"Frivolous statements by Jake aren't important. They have no relevance."

The Boks put themselves into a position to win the Tri-Nations for the first time since 1998 with a five-tries-to-two victory that even stunned midfield hero Marius Joubert.
There was another article where the coach was quoted encouraging people to diss out boys and give them a hard time off the field.

We dont do that here, so they should respect that show a little of the same.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (55)
67.9%
No I haven't decided yet (17)
20.99%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
11.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed