The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3660
NDGAARONDI
You haven't defeated Arsenal last season, Chelsea have :wink:

*ahem* FA Cup Semi Final?
Misbah Imtiaz
*ahem* FA Cup Semi Final?

Oh yes I forgot about that. Funnily enough I was supporting for you at the time. Arsenal thought they could win everything and their hopes crumbled twice in 48 hours :biggrin:

Still was nice kicking them out of the Champions League :biggrin: :tongue: :cool:
mwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
yoohoo!!!
Reply 3664
i didnt see it i was at work!

i heard thorpe won, hogeenband came second and phelps third :eek:
with a new olympic record.
sounds like i missed something great, anyone see it?
mc_watson87
True, my guess would be 2-0 to Villa or maybe 2-1. :smile:

The initial reaction is Villa but in a Derby who knows???
Eggy Hog
I'll second that. Add Willie Mason to that list and the young kid currently with the Roosters (Beale? - or is that union?)

N.R.L. has produced some top games this year.
It's all very well looking at history, but doing that will do you no favours. At one point Liverpool have won more titles than anyone else, no idea if this is the case now.

We can tell Rob is a glory supporter :biggrin:
Where's Your Owen Gone? :tongue:
mobbdeeprob
Where's Your Owen Gone? :tongue:

Now I don't understand.
NDGAARONDI
Now I don't understand.

The key to understanding is to support Man U...
mobbdeeprob
The key to understanding is to support Man U...

If I was a glory supporter I wouldn't even support them anyway. Chelsea is local for me :smile:
NDGAARONDI
If I was a glory supporter I wouldn't even support them anyway. Chelsea is local for me :smile:

What's all this about 'glory supporting'?

I've supported Man U since time began.

Chelsea are dire and I hope Roman gets banged up for gross extortion and assorted scheming. Then we'll see the collapse of the Pretender Empire. :biggrin:

Chelsea have no hope.
chats

Dude! What a race! Very exciting. And who saw the final few rounds of the men's gymnastics?!? I thought Romania had it in the bag, but the USA and Japan were just rock solid in those last two rounds. Brilliant stuff :biggrin:
Reply 3675
"Women's Beach Volleyball's by far the most energetic sport. Half an hour of watching that and my arm's knackered" (Rory McGrath)
Reply 3676
You have two sides: One out in the field and one in.
Each man that's in the side that's in goes out and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.
When they are all out the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out.
Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When both sides have been in and out including the not outs, that's the end of the game.

Simple as that really :smile:

And the best thing is, it makes perfect sense to cricket fans like me:biggrin:
chats
i didnt see it i was at work!

Not as amazing as it could of been. Thorpe always looked the most comfortable although Van Hoogenband was on his tail for most of the race. Phelps lost touch but finished strongly. Hackett was disappointing and was never really in contention.
Economist
Not as amazing as it could of been. Thorpe always looked the most comfortable although Van Hoogenband was on his tail for most of the race. Phelps lost touch but finished strongly. Hackett was disappointing and was never really in contention.

:eek:

It was an incredible race!
Van Hoogenband was winning for most of the race! But a very strong final 100 metres by Thorpe gave him the Gold.
Does anyone find it ironic that there's a Swiss team competing in beach volleyball ?

Latest