Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    And equestrian. Don't forget we're still in a big shout in 2 events of sailing. Our boxer is stil in with a shout. The GB badminton doubles team are into the final and therefore guaranteed a silver or gold medal.
    6 medals so far:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olym...le/3536512.stm
    You been following it closely then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Skye~)
    I fancy learning a bit of martial arts at some point. It looks kool I'm 18 tho... will that be a disadvantage, do you think?

also, the exams you take... what actually happens?

Cheers
    My cousin started Karate at the age of 18 in less than a year was male club fighting champion. I don't really know how high the standard of the other competitors was though. But 18 is definitely not too old.

Siu-Lum Gong-Fu Ho-Yeah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    You been following it closely then?
    As closely as I can in Canada Man, it's so annyoying when you hear so little og GB, and much is about the canadians!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    Morning: Nunez signs for Liverpool

Midday: Nunez showed off to the press

Afternoon: Nunez injured in training with knee ligament damage

Blimey.
    Lol! Poor Nunez and Liverpool.
    How long is he out for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    As closely as I can in Canada Man, it's so annyoying when you hear so little og GB, and much is about the canadians!
    thats like here everything about GB and nothing about any others except for phelps of usa.

not complaining but it would be good if they focused on some other countries ocasionally

ReputationRep:
    GB has a chance of getting a medal in the women's 4 by 200m relay. They are only a second behind the us after the final heat.

ReputationRep:
    I'm supporting Svetlana Khorkina to win the Individual All-round gymnastics title as well as retaining her double Olympic title ('96 and '00) on the assymetric bars.

USA has Carly Patterson, who's excellent, but she's only 15 and Sveta's one of the most experienced, most successful and possibly best gymnast ever. And she is elegant, beautiful and supremely long-limbed, standing about a head taller than most gymnasts at her stately height of um...164 cm Anyway, she's great.

And she's not Queen Khorkina for nothing

*hearts Khorkina*

ReputationRep:
    Appparently it could be quite nasty, but they still don't know the true extent till he has a scan.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't wish injury upon any player, not even Craig Bellamy or Robbie Savage, but bloody hell - you've got to laugh

Unlucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)
    I'm supporting Svetlana Khorkina to win the Individual All-round gymnastics title as well as retaining her double Olympic title ('96 and '00) on the assymetric bars.

USA has Carly Patterson, who's excellent, but she's only 15 and Sveta's one of the most experienced, most successful and possibly best gymnast ever. And she is elegant, beautiful and supremely long-limbed, standing about a head taller than most gymnasts at her stately height of um...164 cm Anyway, she's great.

And she's not Queen Khorkina for nothing

*hearts Khorkina*
    She was really good last year, but she was also involved in the vaulting platform controversy. She is probably the best, but I would much rather have an american win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    yeah, im making sure im at that game, no doubt about it :cool:

lol at the big noses, did Sozzo and Covington get a lot of stick then?
    Yeah... the strike references were all there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    Does anyone know why Emeka Okafor hasn't played?
    i dunno, hes obviously very inexperienced, etc, but he'll prolly get some minutes against angola or someone, they've had to keep their best players on in first games anyway, putting an uncertainty like okafor on would be too much of a risk i guess

ReputationRep:
    Oh Yeah!!!!

New world record for women's 4x200 plus a gold which puts us even with china in number of golds!

It was the oldest standing record on the books. 17 years!.

ReputationRep:
    PAUL HAMM! PAUL HAMM! PAUL HAMM!!!!!!!!!

Paul Hamm becomes the first american ever to win a gold medal in the men's all around Gymnastics. He fell on the vault and had to be caught by the judges and comes back to win the gold!!!!!!!!!!

GO USA!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Moncal)
    I knew you'd say that, but china has a billion people and we have more medals than them.
    and we only have 19 million and were not far behind.

We are leading the commonwealth though!

SADNESS! We cant defend our golds from the previous olympics in the team horse event becuase Andrew Hoy fell fro his horse on the x-country course! No medals comign our way.

Still have the individuals..

ReputationRep:
    Jodie Henry, WORLD RECORD! The fastest woman in the world over 100 m free.

GOLD MEDAL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George-W-Duck)
    I enjoy cribbage though, a nice relaxing old school game without that much thinking or card memory involved.
    There is some element of skill in it you know

If you don't wish to remember too many cards I suppose you could play pontoon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    I went to Stamford Bridge a few times when I lived in Battersea. That was back in the days of Dixon and Speedy... Anyone remember them?
    Kerry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christos)
    im not a glory hunter though panathinaikos born and bred i am
    Been supporting them since 1990 and Chelsea were certainly not a big team back then. Besides I spend a lot of time in London and I consider it my home so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC REN)
    yeah 3 pointers definitdly aren't this teams strength, ah well its the aussies next, if they can't beat them, then they'll be in real trouble :rolleyes:
    5 min in we lead by 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penthesilia)
    5 min in we lead by 4.
    We only get to see the end of that game .

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.