Watch
This discussion is closed.
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
And equestrian. Don't forget we're still in a big shout in 2 events of sailing. Our boxer is stil in with a shout. The GB badminton doubles team are into the final and therefore guaranteed a silver or gold medal.
6 medals so far:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olym...le/3536512.stm
You been following it closely then?
flyinghorse
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Skye~)
I fancy learning a bit of martial arts at some point. It looks kool I'm 18 tho... will that be a disadvantage, do you think?

also, the exams you take... what actually happens?

Cheers
My cousin started Karate at the age of 18 in less than a year was male club fighting champion. I don't really know how high the standard of the other competitors was though. But 18 is definitely not too old.

Siu-Lum Gong-Fu Ho-Yeah!
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nylex)
You been following it closely then?
As closely as I can in Canada Man, it's so annyoying when you hear so little og GB, and much is about the canadians!
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Morning: Nunez signs for Liverpool

Midday: Nunez showed off to the press

Afternoon: Nunez injured in training with knee ligament damage

Blimey.
Lol! Poor Nunez and Liverpool.
How long is he out for?
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
As closely as I can in Canada Man, it's so annyoying when you hear so little og GB, and much is about the canadians!
thats like here everything about GB and nothing about any others except for phelps of usa.

not complaining but it would be good if they focused on some other countries ocasionally
Sam2k
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
GB has a chance of getting a medal in the women's 4 by 200m relay. They are only a second behind the us after the final heat.
sixthirtythree
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm supporting Svetlana Khorkina to win the Individual All-round gymnastics title as well as retaining her double Olympic title ('96 and '00) on the assymetric bars.

USA has Carly Patterson, who's excellent, but she's only 15 and Sveta's one of the most experienced, most successful and possibly best gymnast ever. And she is elegant, beautiful and supremely long-limbed, standing about a head taller than most gymnasts at her stately height of um...164 cm Anyway, she's great.

And she's not Queen Khorkina for nothing

*hearts Khorkina*
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Appparently it could be quite nasty, but they still don't know the true extent till he has a scan.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't wish injury upon any player, not even Craig Bellamy or Robbie Savage, but bloody hell - you've got to laugh

Unlucky
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by deianra)
I'm supporting Svetlana Khorkina to win the Individual All-round gymnastics title as well as retaining her double Olympic title ('96 and '00) on the assymetric bars.

USA has Carly Patterson, who's excellent, but she's only 15 and Sveta's one of the most experienced, most successful and possibly best gymnast ever. And she is elegant, beautiful and supremely long-limbed, standing about a head taller than most gymnasts at her stately height of um...164 cm Anyway, she's great.

And she's not Queen Khorkina for nothing

*hearts Khorkina*
She was really good last year, but she was also involved in the vaulting platform controversy. She is probably the best, but I would much rather have an american win.
teamvillage
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by serious narb)
yeah, im making sure im at that game, no doubt about it :cool:

lol at the big noses, did Sozzo and Covington get a lot of stick then?
Yeah... the strike references were all there!
MC REN
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nylex)
Does anyone know why Emeka Okafor hasn't played?
i dunno, hes obviously very inexperienced, etc, but he'll prolly get some minutes against angola or someone, they've had to keep their best players on in first games anyway, putting an uncertainty like okafor on would be too much of a risk i guess
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oh Yeah!!!!

New world record for women's 4x200 plus a gold which puts us even with china in number of golds!

It was the oldest standing record on the books. 17 years!.
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
PAUL HAMM! PAUL HAMM! PAUL HAMM!!!!!!!!!

Paul Hamm becomes the first american ever to win a gold medal in the men's all around Gymnastics. He fell on the vault and had to be caught by the judges and comes back to win the gold!!!!!!!!!!

GO USA!!!!!!!!!!!
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mr Moncal)
I knew you'd say that, but china has a billion people and we have more medals than them.
and we only have 19 million and were not far behind.

We are leading the commonwealth though!

SADNESS! We cant defend our golds from the previous olympics in the team horse event becuase Andrew Hoy fell fro his horse on the x-country course! No medals comign our way.

Still have the individuals..
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Jodie Henry, WORLD RECORD! The fastest woman in the world over 100 m free.

GOLD MEDAL!
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by George-W-Duck)
I enjoy cribbage though, a nice relaxing old school game without that much thinking or card memory involved.
There is some element of skill in it you know

If you don't wish to remember too many cards I suppose you could play pontoon
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by polthegael)
I went to Stamford Bridge a few times when I lived in Battersea. That was back in the days of Dixon and Speedy... Anyone remember them?
Kerry?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by christos)
im not a glory hunter though panathinaikos born and bred i am
Been supporting them since 1990 and Chelsea were certainly not a big team back then. Besides I spend a lot of time in London and I consider it my home so
Penthesilia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by MC REN)
yeah 3 pointers definitdly aren't this teams strength, ah well its the aussies next, if they can't beat them, then they'll be in real trouble :rolleyes:
5 min in we lead by 4.
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Penthesilia)
5 min in we lead by 4.
We only get to see the end of that game .
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (116)
25.72%
Better than expected (93)
20.62%
Worse than expected (242)
53.66%

Watched Threads