Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Jamie Frost
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Actually the badminton final (UK vs China) was the most intense piece of sport I've EVER watched.
infekt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Jamie Frost)
Actually the badminton final (UK vs China) was the most intense piece of sport I've EVER watched.
Badminton only is fun to watch when u have really good players . Smae wiht table tennis although im unsure of it being an olympic sport .
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Jamie Frost)
really because it just reminded me of grade 8 gym class, kinda like table tennis reminded me of forrest gump
Jamie Frost
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I heard that too . I remember BBC News interviewing archery clubs - some had doubled or even tripled their members.

It's a shame the badminton couple didn't win - they would have probably been risen to high fame.
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by seafood)
Yeah that was pretty class, shame about the result mind.

Random fact: I heard them say archery clubs membership in the UK has increased 10% since the lord of the rings films.
i always wanted to practice archery ... i was influenced more by red indians and cowboys than LOTR
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
GB are the best!
the table says otherwise
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Invisible)
If the judges choose to screw China of fair points in the Gymnastics events, what else do you expect?
here with go with the whole biased judge arguement :rolleyes:
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Whoooooooooo! We have 14 golds!!!! And since we have more medals than china, that puts us top of every table!!!!!!
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No offense ya'll, but it would suck to get wacked by the ausies*.

*You know, because they aren't recognized as one of the basketball super powers. It would be better to be knocked out by china or some such country.
MC REN
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeah same happened to my sister, ran 11.98 or something (not as good as 9.6 obviously) but her friend (actually a good 100m sprinter was gutted)
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My PB's are as follows:

100 metres - 12.4 seconds
400 metres - 54.4 seconds
800 metres - 2 minutes 8 seconds

I used to be a pretty handy sprinter... I ran 12.4 when I was 13/14. However, I've not really grown since I was about 10 and I have quite little legs in proportion to my height. So as people around me kept growing and gaining a nautral advantage, I turned to longer distance events where fitness plays more of a part. But as you can see... I wasn't very good.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mr Moncal)
Whoooooooooo! We have 14 golds!!!! And since we have more medals than china, that puts us top of every table!!!!!!
also top of the list for most obese people in the world
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
also top of the list for most obese people in the world
and top for murders,rapes,firearms use, and all that other bad stuff
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well done GB, and hopefully more medals to come.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Badminton is cool to play, and trust me, it can be very exciting to watch. And an added bonus being a close final where GB won a silver in the doubles.
As for table tennis, I love watching it as there are many good players, and I play table tennis myself.
sashh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MuniE)
Ok call me ignorant or what have you but really who wants to watch or even better who cares about such things as badminton, handball and fencing?
I'd rather watch them than football
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No, no - don't be drawn in! FootballForums is the place to go (see sig)!

9779 members can't be wrong (v 1797 members).

Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
naughty naughty! d's going to be very angry with you two, for advertising other forums! *tut*
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well I wasnt posting last night, I let hales post for me...I see form above. I was too busy glued to the walls!

Wow, what a great game!
Not bad for a team who together rake in just about 1million AU earnings against a team who is worth under to a billion dollars AU, there is a BIG difference they played just as good though. Pitty we couldnt keep them out at the end.

I wondered who the idiot was who was wearing the sweatband that ran up his arm. My dad informed me it was Iverson. No offence but what a dipshit, does he know he looks that stupid? Its just as bad as C.J's cornrow mowhawk!
Fly By
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Everdawn)

I wondered who the idiot was who was wearing the sweatband that ran up his arm. My dad informed me it was Iverson. No offence but what a dipshit, does he know he looks that stupid? Its just as bad as C.J's cornrow mowhawk!
does he not pass the everdawn fashion test? :rolleyes:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (392)
79.84%
Leave (99)
20.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise