The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3880
Mr Moncal
I was cheering for carly, but i kind of feel bad for Svetlana. She is incredible and after all she has put into gymnastics over her life, she really deserved to win the gold on her last trip to the Olympics.

yeah i felt bad after they had the clip of the 2000 games and she feel and was crying :frown:
Reply 3881
Phelps has decided not to swim in the final race he was scheduled for. He backed out so that (what's his name) ,the guy that they keep saying Phelps has a poster of on his wall, would have a chance at a gold medal instead of just the silver that he won second to Phelps.
Reply 3882
Mr Moncal
Phelps has decided not to swim in the final race he was scheduled for. He backed out so that (what's his name) ,the guy that they keep saying Phelps has a poster of on his wall, would have a chance at a gold medal instead of just the silver that he won second to Phelps.

crocker (sp?) what a nice guy :biggrin:
Reply 3883
Yeah Crocker. Phelps gave his spot in the 4 by 200 IM to crocker so that he could have a chance at a gold medal. If they win, even though phelps won't be competing int he actual medal race, he will still get a gold medal since he helped the team qualify.
Whereas Thorpie's mate backed out of the 200 Free so Thorpie could win gold, becuase atthe Aussie trials Thropie false started and was disqualified.
Reply 3885
MC REN
bloody bbc should show it, i'm angry now :mad:

Yeah, especially since we don't get to see that much basketball here.
Well, tonight is the night. Tri-Nations glory going to whoever can win this match.

Im going to go ahead and say it now. I htink this will be the dirtiest game of Rugby of the season and it will be a cliffhanger.

I presume you are all going to be watching it.
:biggrin:

GO WALLABIES!
Reply 3887
piginapoke
The rowers won the coxless fours, four straight golds for Matthew Pinsent!

And he couldn't stop crying! Probably because he doesn't have a cox.
Lord Huntroyde
And he couldn't stop crying! Probably because he doesn't have a cox.

Yeah, saw that, it was great.

Aussies Gold in the pairs!
piginapoke
The rowers won the coxless fours, four straight golds for Matthew Pinsent!

Oh my God!!! How terrifying was that race? Eeeeek! Brilliant stuff, really got the adrenaline going even from the comfort of my sofa. :eek: And how cute was it afterwards when none of them could compose a sentence for the interview? And James Cracknell's baby - awwwwww :biggrin: Fair play to the Canadians for the way they handled is and came up and congratulated them right after they got off the water. But go Pinsent and the rest of the crew!

deianra
Khorkina was robbed - deserved higher on the beam and on the floor. Her floor routine got deducted as they gave her a 9.9 start value instead of the 10.0 it should have been. Patterson was good, but did not deserve more than 9.7 on floor. But you have to give it to her for giving an excellent beam routine - was pretty great.

I'm afraid that, much as I was gunning for Khorkina to win it - she deserved it so much, the better gymnast won on the night. Khorkina came out of her triple spin early, and also wobbled on the beam. Aside from one waver on the bars, Carly Patterson was superb, especially considering her performance in the team competition. I think Khorkina was still the star of the night, but she had the disadvantage of going first on the floor, and after that spin, and after Patterson's first (rock solid) tumble, I knew she wasn't going to make it. The one I really felt gutted for was Anna Pavlova, I think she deserved bronze rather than the Chinese girl.
Reply 3890
When is the game?

Nevermind, I found it.
Palace vs. Everton, wots da score gonna be?

Palace 3-0 Scousers :biggrin:
Ah! Bloody Perce! Perfect Percy thinks he can do anything!! :mad:

Your a Cat Perce! A CAT!

Just had to say that...
I am so depressed right now. Good game though.

I need a drink.
Reply 3894
mc_watson87
LOL! :biggrin:

That deal was way too good for Arsenal! :tongue:

yeah right...you rekon! :smile:
Hi,
tell me more about archery because I think it look mipressive and although being 16 I might be a bit old to start for competitions I'd like to give a go. I'm struggling to find a club in my area (Cupar/Fife/Scotland) but will travel far if anyone could help me out there. How long does it take to get to a high standard? I am a patient guy who isn't the most athletic but has alot of determination, is it the sport for me? Thankyou, D.
Reply 3896
We are up by 5 at halftime.
Mr Moncal
We are up by 5 at halftime.

*prays Lithuania win, it's not fair the US wins almost everything!* :smile:
Does anyone find those things they put onto the winners' heads really ugly? Theyd be better off without them.
TheWolf
Does anyone find those things they put onto the winners' heads really ugly? Theyd be better off without them.

are you talking about the laurel crowns (i think they're laurel leaves!) i think they're pretty.

Latest