Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    wwooaaaahhhhh

Danny Mills is the meekest, nicest person you will ever meet - seriously. He has done loads of work for the Association for Spina Bifida And Hydrocephalus after he lost his unborn baby to the condition. He is nothing how most people would imagine him. I have the utmost respect for him.

Sorry i didn't know, but I'm glad you see where I'm comming from on robbie savage

ReputationRep:
    wwooaaaahhhhh

Danny Mills is the meekest, nicest person you will ever meet - seriously. He has done loads of work for the Association for Spina Bifida And Hydrocephalus after he lost his unborn baby to the condition. He is nothing how most people would imagine him. I have the utmost respect for him.
    But people dont judge/ or even know these things, we judge on the pitch! E.g. When Savage elbowed one of our players, who gives a **** if he's a saint of the pitch.

ReputationRep:
    It would be nice if you could snapple a (second ) title exactly on the bicentennial (lol, yes you really are that pathetic) of your last (and only ) title victory.

Sadly for some, history would suggest [and will dictate] otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    But people dont judge/ or even know these things, we judge on the pitch! E.g. When Savage elbowed one of our players, who gives a **** if he's a saint of the pitch.
    I know, that's why I included the qoute from stern blues that I was replying to - the fact he'd heard he was a **** off the pitch. That's all I was saying - nothing to do with his on the field antics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    Oh please...you're a Boro fan. :rolleyes:
    Your only jealous Wolfie, those 1-0 "just got lucky wins won't stand a chance against our might!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stern_blues)
    Fair comment, however your wrong
    I think you're wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stern_blues)
    lol, okay I will, you know you'd love a player like robbie savage at your club though.
    Erm...how about no?? There's not a single player in Chelsea's squad i'd swap for Robbie Savage, he'd bring nothing to the team at all

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Erm...how about no?? There's not a single player in Chelsea's squad i'd swap for Robbie Savage, he'd bring nothing to the team at all

G
    He reminds me of Vieira too when he was a filthy player. It's a shame to see sport come to this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    He reminds me of Vieira too when he was a filthy player. It's a shame to see sport come to this.
    It's terrible that players have to resort to such pathetic tactics....brings a shadow across the whole game

G

ReputationRep:
    It's terrible that players have to resort to such pathetic tactics....brings a shadow across the whole game

G
    I've seen worse in football outside of England but within the United Kingdom. Funny how we'er always targetted for this behaviour.

Don't watch hurling (Irish sport). I've seen one full match and I am not too impressed by watching two teams fight. The commentators (sp) mentioned about the players being hyped up for the game. There is a difference between being physical and/or tense and just being thuggish. England v Wales in the RWC 2003 showed this IMO.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen worse in football outside of England but within the United Kingdom. Funny how we'er always targetted for this behaviour.

Don't watch hurling (Irish sport). I've seen one full match and I am not too impressed by watching two teams fight. The commentators (sp) mentioned about the players being hyped up for the game. There is a difference between being physical and/or tense and just being thuggish. England v Wales in the RWC 2003 showed this IMO.
    It's really gets on my nerves when rugby players are outright thuggish. There aren't many who do it..but those you shoulder charge instead of tackling properly..and punching and stamping and the like are disgusting players

G

ReputationRep:
    Savage has been banned for 3 games.

ReputationRep:
    Savage has been banned for 3 games.
    Really?? Fot the elbow? Good...he deserves it.

That's a point actually, stern_blues mentioned Svage had never received a red card before...but i wonder how many suspensions he's had to serve as a result of viewing video footage after the match?

G

ReputationRep:
    Really?? Fot the elbow? Good...he deserves it.

That's a point actually, stern_blues mentioned Svage had never received a red card before...but i wonder how many suspensions he's had to serve as a result of viewing video footage after the match?

G
    Yup, and that actually is a very good point. Bet it'd be more than quite a few players. 'Up there with the best (worst) of them'.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, and that actually is a very good point. Bet it'd be more than quite a few players. 'Up there with the best (worst) of them'.
    More than quite a few....that's an understatement!! lol!!

G

ReputationRep:
    It's really gets on my nerves when rugby players are outright thuggish. There aren't many who do it..but those you shoulder charge instead of tackling properly..and punching and stamping and the like are disgusting players

G
    Don't watch South Africa play

ReputationRep:
    Don't watch South Africa play
    Yeah..lol..i was gonna mention the england match when they kept shoulder barging Jonny..but couldn't remember exactly which match it was. Was it the one where england won somehting like 27-9??

G

ReputationRep:
    Yeah..lol..i was gonna mention the england match when they kept shoulder barging Jonny..but couldn't remember exactly which match it was. Was it the one where england won somehting like 27-9??

G
    Not sure right now but even worse when we thrashed them 53-3 in the autumn internationals last year. Their red card made them pay and, although I'm biased, rightly so. A professional team such as South Africa who could benefit from the foul need to be punished perhaps more severely than a team like Scotland. Scotland were no angels against England recently either.

ReputationRep:
    Thank God we got rid of that Barbie girl from uruguay, he was absolutely rubbish. now we just need to get rid of david bellion, and we'll be sorted....

ReputationRep:
    Indeed; but I'm just looking for good cricket, regardless of who proves it - I seriously wish Chanderpaul had not been given out on that caugh-behind, because I just love watching him bat - him and Lara. But yeah, Anderson really really needed that boost.

I played a game for my club's 3rd team; I got out on 48, devastated. 17 wickets in 60 overs at an average of about 8 this season so far; my batting average's only 24, it could be so much better...

Oh and I also got smacked right on the box; I really can't explain the pain... all I'll say is I hope it happens to no one ever again.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.