Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Although I would love to say that we will be unbeaten for yet another eason, I know and everyone knows its not really feasible. Especially with the defence being as dodgy as it is at the moment. I know for certain we are the best team in Britain, but Europe or the world we are yet to see, the only way we can truely claim that title is by claiming the CL this year and not reducing me to tears like last season in the CL!
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
the only way we can truely claim that title is by claiming the CL this year and not reducing me to tears like last season in the CL!
Well done, Chelsea!

Wayne Bridge's goal will be forever in your mind
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I was hoping you'd win but nevermind.

Let me know when Arsenal can keep a clean sheet...
Might make it easier if Campbell comes back. But as long as Arsenal keep on scoring more than their opposition, I don't mind too much.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
well done kelly holmes

good luck dean macey and amir khan!

GB are having quite a good olympics, except that paula radcliffe incident
Not quite so in the athletics. Only one medal so far, and no representatives in the 100m or 400 m final. Not very good.
Oh yeah, I think GB are something like 7th in the medals table.
wizard
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Not quite so in the athletics. Only one medal so far, and no representatives in the 100m or 400 m final. Not very good.
Oh yeah, I think GB are something like 7th in the medals table.
http://www.athens2004.com/en/OlympicMedals/medals
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oh whoops, I guess we went down a bit.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Paul hamm wins another silver!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Might make it easier if Campbell comes back. But as long as Arsenal keep on scoring more than their opposition, I don't mind too much.
Shouldn't really have to rely on individuals since it's a team game. Bad as Newcastle with Shearer

While your defence is not too great you can have other big teams exposing this, which can cost you points.
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by scarlet ibis)
yeah she was LAST throughout the first 400 metres or so!!
She did so well not to panic - the rest of them were running FAR too fast. Go Kelly - the thinking athlete!
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
On Roy and H.G. Last night, they calculated the medals per capita for aus.

If NZ had out population, they would have 20 Gold

If we had the pop of the USA, we would have 164 gold. Or something, pretty sure it was 164, it was 160-something...
andy_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
arsenal hav a good defence, just that their keeper decides to let things in.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Everdawn)
If we had the pop of the USA, we would have 164 gold. Or something, pretty sure it was 164, it was 160-something...
If any country within the top 20 medal list had the population of the USA they'd all probably come 1st. Quite a few participants from the former countries of the USSR I notice.
neha p
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by scarlet ibis)
yeah she was LAST throughout the first 400 metres or so!!

bless...her eyes were popping out of her face!!!!

GO KELLY!!!! WOOOOOO!!!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
When's the 4 x 400 final and is GB in it?
portugal
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dr. Blazed)
Does anyone find it ironic that there's a Swiss team competing in beach volleyball ?
not only is there a swiss team, but they are really good at it!The mens swiss beach volleyball just lost out in the semis, and in every tournament those two are always up there at the top 4.
portugal
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
thats the last event of the olympics i think, GB have a team in the 4 x 400, but theystill need to qualify for the final
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by portugal)
thats the last event of the olympics i think, GB have a team in the 4 x 400, but theystill need to qualify for the final
Thanks, I always find them more interesting than the standard races. We have a habit of dropping the baton grrr.

The last 4 x 400m race I saw was a the grand prix competition we had against the USA. No idea if they're still going on. We didn't come 1st in that race and Jamie Bulch (sp) was in it but having equal number of competitors each side we won
Purple_Dreamer
Report 15 years ago
Yeah apparently the antrim tops yellow because there used to be a lot of yellow flowers in antrim wen football was first startin to be played......kinda copied the flowers r whatever lol. (it was on a programme few months ago).

Personally i like the Dublin&Down jerseys

Cant compare to armagh tho.....even if they are orange :s lol
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Purple_Dreamer)
Cant compare to armagh tho.....even if they are orange :s lol
I prefer blue
Stan G
Report 15 years ago
I watch the Sky programme whenever I see it on and have been following on and off since the early nineties when it was shown early on Saturday morning's after Trans World Sport on Channel 4. You have to admire the skill and determination of the players of both games, footballers only need to be nudged and they throw themselves on the deck, these guys take all sorts of punishment and still succeed.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.87%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
27%
Not great so far... (283)
35.87%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise