Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mobbdeeprob)
There was a vital morality leason to be learnt from Pinocchio.

You patently didn't learn it.
Erm..if you lie your nose grows bigger??? Or is that to get out of a whale....you should start a fire????

G
mobbdeeprob
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
Or is that to get out of a whale....you should start a fire????

G
Clear evidence (not that I needed it) that Chelski fans don't know the meaning of morality.
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Beginning "mo-", but not to be confused with the laundered green stuff that your Slavic kulak deals in.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mobbdeeprob)
It's the word on the street.

Everton have bid twenty of the big ones; Man Utd board enter into hurried meetings (and have had to scrap plans for a deferred transfer in Christmas season).

We'll probably come back with something in the region of £23-25m.

We want him now!

He wants to come to us!

Chelsea fans - don't you feel smelly?

Discuss.
Here's my viewpoint then. A team like United needing Rooney to help you win the league. What's wrong with your current players or are they underperforming?
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Why do people change which country they represent? Quite a few have changed to represent the United Kingdom even at least one from the USA.
ravs
Report 15 years ago
its on the 19th i think, i managed 3 tkts, all sold out on the first day!

pak have won two on the trot vs india now, hopefully its 3rd time lucky for us

somethin i noticed, when pak lost the home odis to india ppl were saying pak is in dissaray, and i said to my friend, if they beat us twice in a row they will all claim it is a new era for pakistani cricket

and look what happened, they won twice and everybody is hailing this new pakistan team, they need to keep their heads on the ground a bit more i feel
~ o ~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ruud, Saha, Rooney and Smith. Not bad.
Beat that Chelski
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Checkout the women's hockey - China vs Argentina, it's quite vicious at times (and the rest of the stuff is turd)!
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
Beat that Chelski
Well - this is it!
Quiksilver
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Beat that Chelski
'twill be great
- im thinking about placing a bet on us winning the tripple
Bart Simpson
Report 15 years ago
Beat that Chelski
Stead, Dickov, Yorke, De Pedro beat that
Bart Simpson
Report 15 years ago
who do you think is gonna win it?
Transfer Talk
and of course Drogba's header.

:confused: What do you think about the premiership :confused:
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bart Simpson)
Transfer Talk

Manchester United.

With our full team in December and January we were unstoppable.
With the additions to the squad this summer, and the continual improvement of Ronaldo, soon, when everyone returns, we will be incredible.
theaman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bart Simpson)
Transfer Talk

The Ultimate Football Thread has all that stuff in it!
~ o ~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Manchester United.

With our full team in December and January we were unstoppable.
With the additions to the squad this summer, and the continual improvement of Ronaldo, soon, when everyone returns, we will be incredible.
I second that!
Counterpoint
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I completely agree; supporters need to stick with the team, and they must realise that this team's fairly erratic, so they should give it some time to solidify; and I wish there were less chopping and changing with new talent. I just had a look at the International ODI Rankings, and it was kind of re-assuring that Pakistan is No. 4th; now they just need proper coaching (I heard they have no bowling coach?) and discipline... and people need to put faith in them.

Beating India twice was a big feat, considering the strength of the Indian line-up, but we need to calm down because after all, judging on the basis of a few matches isn't the way to go in my opinion. I just hope the good-will remains between supporters of both teams in the match at Edgebaston; I was really proud of the way supporters in Pakistan behaved. Its absolutely sure to be a cracking match though!

Pakistan vs. India in cricket is the best fixture between any two teams in any sport. I'm on edge every single ball. And I like it when Shoaib gets Tendulkar's wicket , but then I also like it when Tendulaker cracks some lovely cricket shots beforehand; its a win-win situation for me

One thing the team is starving for though, is a proper captain. They need an Imran Khan; but how often do countries produce that? I guess its just a matter of patience.
ravs
Report 15 years ago
i agree to a certain extent as i think inzi is quite a passive captain who doesnt really inspire his players. also being in the slips, he is away from his bowlers, but hes a really good slipper and so is one of those catch-22 situations

i think the test ratings are quite accurate but the odi ratings i think are a load of rubbish as one lost game can see a side go down a lot, look at south africa, they are down to 6th, cos they have lost 3 games to lanka. lanka are now 2nd, which is rubbish cos they are appalling away from home, they cannot even compete as the vb series and the natwest series showed us. they are a VERY poor side away from home and their batters cannot cope on non subcontinent wickets, whereas pak and indian players have done.

i think there is one flaw in these test and odi ratings, ill use the south africa vs south africa test series as an example. south africa lost the series and hence lost X amount of points, now they would also lose X amount of points if they had lost by the same margin to sri lank in south africa. now that is basically wrong as sri lanka are a very very strong home side but a very weak away side, therefore i think south africa should lose more points by losing say 2-0 at home in south africa to lanka as opposed to 2-0 in lanka to lanka as lanka winning in south africa is alot harder for them as they are a poor away side. the ratings should take into account how strong teams are both home and away. its like teams going to india, india are arguably the best side in the world at home, if eng lost to india in india, they shouldnt be penalised as much as if they lost to india in eng as india struggle from home, its basic common sense i feel

wat do u think?
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If it's anyone other than Chelsea or Arsenal, I'll go out, buy a hat, then eat it.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
If it's anyone other than Chelsea or Arsenal, I'll go out, buy a hat, then eat it.
Better start saving up.
~ o ~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
how about 2 hats. it ,makes it more interesting
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (106)
17.76%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
27.3%
Not great so far... (212)
35.51%
I want to drop out! (116)
19.43%

Watched Threads