Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO

Watch
This discussion is closed.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Okay then, I'll buy 5 hats and eat them all live on webcam naked to anyone who wants to watch.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Okay then, I'll buy 5 hats and eat them all live on webcam naked to anyone who wants to watch.
I'd prefer not naked. :rolleyes:
But otherwise that sounds good.
Slice'N'Dice
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Probably Arsenal. But I'd love to see Fulham win it.....*dreams*.

Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
There's been quite a bit said about this, and I'll add to it. I'm watching the long jump finals, and there are 3 sort of line judges and 1 overall one. Some athletes have been contesting some descisions, and the judges have been changing their minds. I think that one guy contested what was probably a foul jump, and the jump was allowed. Then, the guy who took 2nd place after his 2nd jump, right before Chris Tomlinson had a blatant foul jump, which was so obviously onto the plastacine ruled as a good jump. It would be awful if Chris misses out on a medal because of bad judges descisions. Chris has still a lot to do.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Don't forget previous palarva as well
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It'll be Arsenal, they're just a league apart. As for United, we will draw encouragement from emerging talent such as Spector, the growth of Ronaldo and Smith, and continually improving defending.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The addition of Rooney would put United's strike force second to Real Madrid in terms of a perceived threat. He'd be a great addition to the dynasty, but it would be no good to us if we don't keep more clean sheets!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
If it's anyone other than Chelsea or Arsenal, I'll go out, buy a hat, then eat it.
I second that. Chelsea were at one point within a few points of Arsenal's lead. It's nice for a London side (and these two is even better) to be the major teams now, got fed up with Manchester United or Liverpool in my earlier years
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
Ruud, Saha, Rooney and Smith. Not bad.
Beat that Chelski
Good strikers might look impressive but you need a good defence. Otherwise teams will exploit this. None of those strikers are as good as Zola when he played
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Good strikers might look impressive but you need a good defence. Otherwise teams will exploit this. None of those strikers are as good as Zola when he played
Too bad he isn't still around or Chelsea may actually have had some good entertaining football to play...
Sophdoph
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The premier league, is upside down..the premier league is upside down

We should be top

But we're bottom :mad:

The premier league is upside down :confused:
~ o ~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I second that. Chelsea were at one point within a few points of Arsenal's lead. It's nice for a London side (and these two is even better) to be the major teams now, got fed up with Manchester United or Liverpool in my earlier years
Oooooh, just don't even go there.... :rolleyes:
Put it this way, you are going to be fed up a little bit longer
Counterpoint
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah I hear you fully there; I've just been checking up on some records there and I agree; I wasn't aware that the ranking method was so rigid. It would hardly be fair to judge a usa-bangladesh series on the same terms as bangladesh-australia; and if bangladesh were to beat australia and the USA(i'm just assuming that USA won't of the same calibre as australia ), then certainly there should be more worth in terms of points for the wins against australia.
Counterpoint
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah I think that way the ratings would be a more accurate measurement - i had never thought about it in "home/away" respects; does the current ranking system take into account existing records of sides? In other words, is a win a win, regardless of who its against? e.g.

Bangladesh beats Australia > Bangladesh gets X points
Pakistan beats Bangladesh > Pakistan gets X points
Australia beats Pakistan > Australia also gets X points

In this instance, would all teams gain the same amount of points? Because I think that Bangladesh should be granted more points for beating Australia than Pakistan should for beating Bangladesh...

But I suppose one could propose that this will also be very unfair, as over a long period of time the number of wins and losses will be more important and indicative of how good the nations are. And that the "value added" system would propel teams unfairly up and down the ladder, and would be based upon a very subjective view of how good teams initially are.

I'm glad I'm not making the decisions hehe; but insofar as home/away goes, I think you're right - I mean its hardly fair judging teams by the same standards in very different pitches and climates.

Aleem
thephenom
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Jiu jitsu is one of the best martial arts around which actually work in a real life situation. Where as Tae Kwon Do in comparison is a joke.

Jiu jitsu = will save your ass.
Tae Kwon Do = looks good and thats about it unfortunately.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Why do people change which country they represent? Quite a few have changed to represent the United Kingdom even at least one from the USA.
better money or better recognition
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I really wanted Gatlin to win the 200m final, USA done another 1,2,3!

the greek crowd were well disrespectable to the men in the final, its not their fault that greek athlete was on drugs
DuncanM
Report 15 years ago
Anybody still fancy a game?
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by DuncanM)
Anybody still fancy a game?
Yeah
DuncanM
Report 15 years ago
[email protected]
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (217)
38.68%
Take autumn exams (167)
29.77%
Look for a job (19)
3.39%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
3.92%
Take a year out (102)
18.18%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
6.06%

Watched Threads