Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay then, I'll buy 5 hats and eat them all live on webcam naked to anyone who wants to watch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    Okay then, I'll buy 5 hats and eat them all live on webcam naked to anyone who wants to watch.
    I'd prefer not naked. :rolleyes:
    But otherwise that sounds good.

ReputationRep:
    Probably Arsenal. But I'd love to see Fulham win it.....*dreams*.

ReputationRep:
    There's been quite a bit said about this, and I'll add to it. I'm watching the long jump finals, and there are 3 sort of line judges and 1 overall one. Some athletes have been contesting some descisions, and the judges have been changing their minds. I think that one guy contested what was probably a foul jump, and the jump was allowed. Then, the guy who took 2nd place after his 2nd jump, right before Chris Tomlinson had a blatant foul jump, which was so obviously onto the plastacine ruled as a good jump. It would be awful if Chris misses out on a medal because of bad judges descisions. Chris has still a lot to do.

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget previous palarva as well

ReputationRep:
    It'll be Arsenal, they're just a league apart. As for United, we will draw encouragement from emerging talent such as Spector, the growth of Ronaldo and Smith, and continually improving defending.

ReputationRep:
    The addition of Rooney would put United's strike force second to Real Madrid in terms of a perceived threat. He'd be a great addition to the dynasty, but it would be no good to us if we don't keep more clean sheets!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    If it's anyone other than Chelsea or Arsenal, I'll go out, buy a hat, then eat it.
    I second that. Chelsea were at one point within a few points of Arsenal's lead. It's nice for a London side (and these two is even better) to be the major teams now, got fed up with Manchester United or Liverpool in my earlier years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
    Ruud, Saha, Rooney and Smith. Not bad.
    Beat that Chelski
    Good strikers might look impressive but you need a good defence. Otherwise teams will exploit this. None of those strikers are as good as Zola when he played

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Good strikers might look impressive but you need a good defence. Otherwise teams will exploit this. None of those strikers are as good as Zola when he played
    Too bad he isn't still around or Chelsea may actually have had some good entertaining football to play...

ReputationRep:
    The premier league, is upside down..the premier league is upside down

We should be top

But we're bottom :mad:

The premier league is upside down :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I second that. Chelsea were at one point within a few points of Arsenal's lead. It's nice for a London side (and these two is even better) to be the major teams now, got fed up with Manchester United or Liverpool in my earlier years
    Oooooh, just don't even go there.... :rolleyes:
    Put it this way, you are going to be fed up a little bit longer

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I hear you fully there; I've just been checking up on some records there and I agree; I wasn't aware that the ranking method was so rigid. It would hardly be fair to judge a usa-bangladesh series on the same terms as bangladesh-australia; and if bangladesh were to beat australia and the USA(i'm just assuming that USA won't of the same calibre as australia ), then certainly there should be more worth in terms of points for the wins against australia.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think that way the ratings would be a more accurate measurement - i had never thought about it in "home/away" respects; does the current ranking system take into account existing records of sides? In other words, is a win a win, regardless of who its against? e.g.

Bangladesh beats Australia > Bangladesh gets X points
    Pakistan beats Bangladesh > Pakistan gets X points
    Australia beats Pakistan > Australia also gets X points

In this instance, would all teams gain the same amount of points? Because I think that Bangladesh should be granted more points for beating Australia than Pakistan should for beating Bangladesh...

But I suppose one could propose that this will also be very unfair, as over a long period of time the number of wins and losses will be more important and indicative of how good the nations are. And that the "value added" system would propel teams unfairly up and down the ladder, and would be based upon a very subjective view of how good teams initially are.

I'm glad I'm not making the decisions hehe; but insofar as home/away goes, I think you're right - I mean its hardly fair judging teams by the same standards in very different pitches and climates.

Aleem

ReputationRep:
    Jiu jitsu is one of the best martial arts around which actually work in a real life situation. Where as Tae Kwon Do in comparison is a joke.

Jiu jitsu = will save your ass.
    Tae Kwon Do = looks good and thats about it unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Why do people change which country they represent? Quite a few have changed to represent the United Kingdom even at least one from the USA.
    better money or better recognition

ReputationRep:
    I really wanted Gatlin to win the 200m final, USA done another 1,2,3!

the greek crowd were well disrespectable to the men in the final, its not their fault that greek athlete was on drugs

ReputationRep:
    Anybody still fancy a game?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DuncanM)
    Anybody still fancy a game?
    Yeah

ReputationRep:
    [email protected]

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.