just wondering. whats the difference between racquetball and tennis
SamTheMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by hams)
just wondering. whats the difference between racquetball and tennis
Racquetball is more like squash than tennis. It's played a lot in the US. You know how in Squash you have limits to where the ball can hit the wall, like a long line running horizontaly across the wall in front of you and slightly sloped on the walls on each side of you? Well Racquetball doesn't have those limits. Plus I believe the ball and racket, although they're like the ones used in squash, are slightly different.
SamTheMan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Wasn't Tim Brabants supposed to win that K1 1000m final after finishing the heats with the best time of the season? He finished fifth!
SamTheMan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Why do people change which country they represent? Quite a few have changed to represent the United Kingdom even at least one from the USA.
Actually the reverse trend is more common: dependent territories prefer to represent themselves so you get athletes competing for the Cayman Islands or Bermuda when I'm sure they'd be allowed to represent the UK.

Remember Fiona May you was world champion at the longjump? She decided to become Italian because she wasn't getting any support from UK Athletics. That was a tragedy for UK Athletics.

Anyway, is this new for the country being represented to be called Great Britain? At athletics championships, it's always been GB & NI. Aren't there any NI athletes at the olympics? And why not just use the name UK?
styrian_passion
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
I was looking forward to all different sorts of cycling
street race, mountain biking,.........
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Update:

United offer presently stands at £24m + Bellion.

Newcastle " " " at £23.5m

Rooney has fallen out with Moyes bigtime.

Everton would prefer O'Shea instead of Bellion.

Newcastle are fighting a losing battle.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
**Rooney hands in official transfer request**
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
**Rooney hands in official transfer request**
I knew I'd missed something out, somewhere along the line...

Can we expect a sneaky Boro counterbid?
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
£2M and Massimo Maccarone and they have a deal.
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Why do people change which country they represent? Quite a few have changed to represent the United Kingdom even at least one from the USA.
I dunnow, Circumstance I guess. And sometimes its a good thing. Kate Allen who is now an austrian married an austrian, and where would we be if Clyde Rathbone (formerly a Bokkie) hadnt decided to become an Aussie and pull on a Wallabies jersey?

I suppose it equals out in the end.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Too bad he isn't still around or Chelsea may actually have had some good entertaining football to play...
I know. He should have stayed on a bit longer
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SamTheMan)
Actually the reverse trend is more common: dependent territories prefer to represent themselves so you get athletes competing for the Cayman Islands or Bermuda when I'm sure they'd be allowed to represent the UK.
They might do. I know in some sports participants have the capacity to represent several countries.

Remember Fiona May you was world champion at the longjump? She decided to become Italian because she wasn't getting any support from UK Athletics. That was a tragedy for UK Athletics.
Yes I knew about her. Then again didn't Linford Christie come from Jamaica?

Anyway, is this new for the country being represented to be called Great Britain? At athletics championships, it's always been GB & NI. Aren't there any NI athletes at the olympics? And why not just use the name UK?
They say GB but it does include NI as well. Some NI athletes will be representing us as well as ROI - traitors
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I seriously doubt the Bellion inclusion in the deal. It's more tabloid speculation. I wouldn't want to let a prospect like Bellion go so easily.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
There was another thread on racquetball. I might see if there's any clubs for it
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I seriously doubt the Bellion inclusion in the deal. It's more tabloid speculation. I wouldn't want to let a prospect like Bellion go so easily.
I would gladly flog him, if it means that we're getting Rooney!

We [will] have four top strikers, and although Bellion is a budding talent, he's only a fringe player.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mobbdeeprob)
I would gladly flog him, if it means that we're getting Rooney!

We [will] have four top strikers, and although Bellion is a budding talent, he's only a fringe player.
Only a fringe player he may be, but Ole is out for the season and has a year left after that (at best), Ruud's contract is up in a few years, and while Smith, Saha and possibly Rooney would be more than adequate cover, we could really use the pace and strength of Bellion up front or on either wing. This is the season that injuries have so far presented him with an opportunity, he's doing well so far and he may just emerge.

It could also be Jon Spector's season to emerge, if he continues to impress against Blackburn tomorrow and poses Fergie a dilemma when Heinze returns.
ravs
Report 15 years ago
no its not quite like that, the system DOES take into account the team that you play against but it does not take into account if it is home and away and like i sed previously this is my main problem. pitches differ, climate and conditions differ, and i think they should incorporate this

wahey it isnt raining today!
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ravs)
no its not quite like that, the system DOES take into account the team that you play against but it does not take into account if it is home and away and like i sed previously this is my main problem. pitches differ, climate and conditions differ, and i think they should incorporate this

wahey it isnt raining today!
Why should they incorporate the conditions. All test sides will play each other and hence be subject to the same weather and conditions so in the long term these differences will be ironed out and the rankings will be a true reflection.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Only a fringe player he may be, but Ole is out for the season and has a year left after that (at best), Ruud's contract is up in a few years, and while Smith, Saha and possibly Rooney would be more than adequate cover, we could really use the pace and strength of Bellion up front or on either wing. This is the season that injuries have so far presented him with an opportunity, he's doing well so far and he may just emerge.

It could also be Jon Spector's season to emerge, if he continues to impress against Blackburn tomorrow and poses Fergie a dilemma when Heinze returns.
I haven't seen Spector play for years, he's changed a lot as well. Also, he hasn't grown as much as most people thought he would, which may be a disadvantage if Sir Alex expected a giant defender. Talksport has just more or less confirmed a £25M + Bellion, so it does look like it's on the cards. If I were Everton I'd accept it. Bellion is good, but he's not Man Utd class, but as you said, his versatility could come in handy.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
23.95%
No (181)
76.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise