Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Aimée123)
This the 10000m?
Yeah.
I might be a bit harsh on her, but I just didn't expect her to just pull up. But I guess she wasn't there mentally. I just feel a bit annoyed that she still took part in the race, but pulled up.
But I do feel sorry for Paula, but a bit cheated.
Kiesha
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Cut her some slack - she was drained both emotionally and physically from the marathon, I think maybe she thought she could "redeem" herself on this one.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ah, sorry, I was really harsh on her. Her legs cramped up. This was just my initial reaction. I just thought that if she wasn't ready to run, she shouldn't have run.
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
basicaly she is already a millionaire, the nation all suported her but she has given up because she wouldnt get a medal. That is just selfish imo

the other british girl actualy made the effort to finish the race even though she was never gunna get a medal, i think the nation can be proud of her.

paula has only thought of herself here, dont care about that 'emotionaly drained' *******s
Kiesha
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by serious narb)
basicaly she is already a millionaire, the nation all suported her but she has given up because she wouldnt get a medal. That is just selfish imo

the other british girl actualy made the effort to finish the race even though she was never gunna get a medal, i think the nation can be proud of her.

paula has only thought of herself here, dont care about that 'emotionaly drained' *******s
Yeah but sometimes you have to be selfish and I doubt she was exactly thinking straight at that moment.
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
She should have run and finished or not run at all.

Just becuse she was hoping for a medal is not reason to give up.

A let down, in my opinion.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
If that's the case, you have a lot to blame him for - he's ruined the rest of your life and caused you a lot of heartache.
indeed but when he scored goals like that diving header against chelsea in his first stint it was all forgotten, i still have the reply from a letter i wrote to bryan robson in which i said i hoped we would resign him
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kieshaxxx)
Yeah but sometimes you have to be selfish and I doubt she was exactly thinking straight at that moment.
yeah sometimes you have to be selfish, but not at a time when she is letting down all her fans, in fact letting down the nation pretty much. It's a poor attitude to have and if she wasnt thinking straight she shouldnt have bothered racing in the 1st place.
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
paula radcliffe is a millionaire? that would surprise me alot! the majority of British atheletes need to be supported by their partners.
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
paula radcliffe is a millionaire? that would surprise me alot! the majority of British atheletes need to be supported by their partners.
she is one of the youngest millionaires apparently

she owns about 12 properties
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
I was surprised, but according to The Telegraph she is several times over.

She must have advertising deals or something.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kieshaxxx)
Yeah, but you don't QUIT! She also quit in the previous race when she was out of the medals. Maybe she wasn't mentally strong, but I would have preferred it if she had walked to the finish. Now, she's got a DNF next to her name.
She ran again after a big diasppointment, which is great credit to her, but I guess she wasn't ready.
Kiesha
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by serious narb)
yeah sometimes you have to be selfish, but not at a time when she is letting down all her fans, in fact letting down the nation pretty much. It's a poor attitude to have and if she wasnt thinking straight she shouldnt have bothered racing in the 1st place.
Yeah I definitely think she should have tried to finish the whole race.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My views depend on the reasons she took on that race. if it was for her self then hard luck at least you had a go, if it was for others then why on earth did you listen to them?
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Should train in all weathers to prepare for the upcoming events. I think she only trained for three months in Cyprus or somewhere to get used to the heat. But you're told years in advance where the next Olympics is going to be.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well done Amir Kahn!
I was slightly worried after the 1st 2 rounds, but Amir came back admirably. He moved well, and his punches were on target. No matter what happens, Amir has been an amazing competitor and deserves to be in the final. Funny quote from Kahn though: "I was nervous in the changing room, which surprised me". It was something like that. Funny that, you might expect to be slightly nervous in the semis of the olympics.

Btw, anyone see the relay races? They were pretty exciting, and a bit nerve-wracking, and there was A LOT of shoving going on during changeovers. GB got through in women's 400s (scraped through), and both men's relays. Don't think any of them will win, but could any of the mens' relay teams get a medal?
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Should train in all weathers to prepare for the upcoming events. I think she only trained for three months in Cyprus or somewhere to get used to the heat. But you're told years in advance where the next Olympics is going to be.
I thought that there was something wrong with many of the GB athletes. Many of them seemed tired, which makes you wonder what was going on in those training camps?
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Don't want to post anything on here because it's very libellous, but.....pop*****..........Ctrl+F ...'paula'................
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I thought that there was something wrong with many of the GB athletes. Many of them seemed tired, which makes you wonder what was going on in those training camps?
Perhaps, but if we have the Olympics in the future we would be more aware of what is going on maybe.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (57)
67.06%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.18%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.76%

Watched Threads