Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Ta me dears!

Now...see....the thing i'm wondering is....Chelsea's first choice pairing is..or should be...Gallas and Terry in central defence..correct??

In that case...are chelsea paying £20M for a back-up central defender??(echoing what mockel said)

If Carvalho is actually going to play as a first choice centre back...that means i suppose Gallas will be movd to somewhere else in defence. Definitely not Left back though..that's Bridge's...so right back??? In which case...why did we buy a right back for £13M??

Isn't it nice to have sooooo much money??

Also...yes...Iceman Gudjohnsen deserves his lovely new contract!!

G
    I'm sorry but chelsea are the most pathetic team in football. Your team was in debt a couple of years ago and hardly ahve any honours to your name. Then some billionaire saves your asses and now a million chelsea fans come out of nowhere. I'm sorry, but i think that chelsea are highly fortunate and still shouldn't be in the position to become overconfident and act like tehy should join the traditional superpowers of arsenal and man u and previously liverpool. Ps. I'm an arsenal fan and there is only one iceman and he isn't gudjohnson but the one and only dennis 'the iceman' bergkamp who can kick his neday.

ReputationRep:
    i've never played it,
    i'll have a game with someone

edit: ahhhh crap I dont have msn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avi)
    Your team was in debt a couple of years ago and hardly ahve any honours to your name. Then some billionaire saves your asses and now a million chelsea fans come out of nowhere. I'm sorry, but i think that chelsea are highly fortunate and still shouldn't be in the position...blah blah blah.
    Plenty of Premiership teams have been in debt before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKS)
    oh yea he shagged a granny
    How mature :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avi)
    I'm sorry but chelsea are the most pathetic team in football. Your team was in debt a couple of years ago and hardly ahve any honours to your name.
    1) Despite the fact they were in debt, the quality of players they have now, and indeed have had for the past few years, you can hardly call them a pathetic team, let alone the most pathetic. While people may have differing views on who may be the best team, i don't think anyone can honestly say chelsea are the most pathetic. And previous to the takeover by Abramovich, Chelsea had won the FA cup in 1997 and in 2000, as well as the Cup Winners Cup in 98. While they may not be on a par with the league and the champion's league..it's not 'hardly any honours' as you put it.

(Original post by Avi)
    Then some billionaire saves your asses and now a million chelsea fans come out of nowhere.
    2) I'm not one of them, i've supported chelsea since i was in primary school

(Original post by Avi)
    I'm sorry, but i think that chelsea are highly fortunate and still shouldn't be in the position to become overconfident and act like tehy should join the traditional superpowers of arsenal and man u and previously liverpool.
    3) Yes, we are highly fortunate, i've never denied that at all. And whilst you say they shouldn't act like they can join the traditional superpower of Arsenal, Man U and previously Liverpool... i think you'll find they actually did last season, finishing ABOVE man u in the table. I think chelsea are more than capable of 'joining' them, and beating them

G

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal are hardly a superpower if you wish to delve into the past. Only Manchester United and Liverpool could be classed as one really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    There are 5 judges in total, and 3 have to hit the button within a time period.
    ah right, i think i was getting it confused with judo

ReputationRep:
    Sh!t, we just lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Heehee. Sorry to all you americans out there, but I was pretty glad to see the americans go out. They didn't play well in the tournament, and didn't deserve to win the men's basketball. Plus, it's about time some other country won the basketball.
    They aren't out, they can still win bronze. They didnt deserve gold or silver, they are terrible.

ReputationRep:
    Go Arsenal - Half Time, 3-0 Up Against Norwich.

Both Henry And Reyes Have Scored 4 Goals In 4 Games So Far!

ReputationRep:
    3-1 now, Huckerby penalty....shouldn't make too much difference though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    Go Arsenal - Half Time, 3-0 Up Against Norwich.

Both Henry And Reyes Have Scored 4 Goals In 4 Games So Far!
    they should get a joint player of the month

in fact, i bet they do

ReputationRep:
    Come On Kelly!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    F**KING amazing!!!!!!!!

well done kelly athlete of the olympics

ReputationRep:
    Has the man really lost it ? ... 2 incredible decisions in favour of the aussies today , he mucked up 4 wide decisions ( some when pakistan was bowling in case anyone feels im being a sore loser ) . Even in the India Match he gave andrew symonds wrongfully out .

I feel really hard done by his stupid decisions today .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    F**KING amazing!!!!!!!!

well done kelly athlete of the olympics
    Great Performance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 85ah11)
    No, no - don't be drawn in! FootballForums is the place to go (see sig)!

9779 members can't be wrong (v 1797 members).

Quality not quantity!!!

ReputationRep:
    Rooney will not be playing for Everton, Newcastle or Man Utd this time next week. You heard it here first.

*awaits 'yes, he's injured' reply*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    they should get a joint player of the month

in fact, i bet they do
    Queudrue should get player of the month. Bloody amazing yet again today.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i knew someone would post this

he didnt have the greatest of games, but he is still a very good umpire, steve bucknor has been very poor of late, especially in pakistan and australia and sri lanka. shep has been having a very good season

btw shep never gave symonds out in the india game, that was jeremy lloyds of england

the best two umps atm are simon taufel and aleem dar, taufel is seriously good

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.