This discussion is closed.
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
WHERE IS PADFOOT???

HELLO MR MONCAL, WHERE ARE YOU???

you will see some good highlights tonight!!!
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My man? I assume you mean Franck Queudrue.......http://www.uk-learning.net/showpost....7&postcount=34
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
My man? I assume you mean Franck Queudrue.......http://www.uk-learning.net/showpost....7&postcount=34
how do you put a picture into your writing?
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
they should get a joint player of the month

in fact, i bet they do
What about Bergkamp his been playing summink wikkid recently in addition too filling the captaincy spot quite nicely with Vieria out.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
this should be the boro supporters thread, supose its all that all ready
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
how do you put a picture into your writing?

As you can see, Downing also does kung fu

(just put it in an image tag - [img]...url.....[/img]
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

OH YEH!!!!

now thats kung fu
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well done GB, unlucky.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well done GB, unlucky.
We have a good record for relays apparently.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
WHERE IS PADFOOT???

HELLO MR MONCAL, WHERE ARE YOU???

you will see some good highlights tonight!!!
lol i look forward to it

US men's b-ball took bronze
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
HA HA HA HA HA

Get in!

Up yours America!
need we look at the medal chart again?
Prologue
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I dunno how good this comparison is, but I'm just writing what came into my mind. You are on one of the world's biggest stages. For athletics, the olmpics is as bis as the football World Cup and the European Championships. Would you give up in a football match or in the football tournament if you knew that you had no chance of winning or of going through the group? I should hope not, and those who do will get singled out for not trying. You wouldn't expect that from your country, so why would you for GB in the Olympics.
Also, examples of injured players who continued playing in the world cup, despite injury are Ronaldo and Owen against Brazil. Paula could have finished the race if she had really wanted to do so.
obviously i know that she shouldnt have quit and all and it dosnt really matter now but that comparison is shoddy at best. the ones that i made in my last post were very much in similar situations to what actually happened. even in todays mens 800m i saw a kenyan quitting who the commentators said had a good chance and it happens a lot.

in the world cup u have 10 others on your side who share the burden and a whole squad of 23 in total and u can be substituted. a team can carry on with a couple of sendings offs or injuries. also it is the managers choice whether to take someone off.

bottom line is she shouldnt have quit but she shouldnt be blamed as the one she has let down the most is herself. she quit cos she couldnt go on for marathon and in 10k hadnt recovered but thought she might be able to do something special.

what i didnt like was people on here with 1000s of posts who usually bang on about rpg games, pokemon, computing and maths calling her a disgrace to the olympic games, as she is one of those considered at the pinnacle in terms of championships and world records. people also saod she is a loser which they shouldnt have as she obviously isntwith what shes done b4. people who wanted her to finsish the 10k/marathon and roll in last and be all upbeat were also wrong i believe as the people in her echelon like pinsent and ullrich etc do not want to except less from themselves when they have proved that they are easily one of the top 3.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
no thank you
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
medals per head of poplualation
US 99/294*10^6=3.37^10-7
Uk 29/58*10^6 = 5^10-7
so we are actually going better
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Incomplete)
medals per head of poplualation
US 99/294*10^6=3.37^10-7
Uk 29/58*10^6 = 5^10-7
so we are actually going better
haha its true!
tomcoolinguk
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think it has been an amazing olympics! Certainly more exciting than Euro 2004....
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by tomcoolinguk)
I think it has been an amazing olympics! Certainly more exciting than Euro 2004....
Lol thats going a bit toooo far...........................ma ybe if amir khan wins tommorow????
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Brilliant day today. 2 amazing doubles by El Gerouj (can't spell his name) and Holmes). Well done to both of them. And an unexpected gold for the 4 by 100m relay team. It was a pity that the men's 4 by 400m team couldn't get a medal though. Steve Backley didn't do too bad-4th place.

COME ON AMIR KAHN! YOU'RE ALREADY GOING TO ENSURE THAT GB END ON A HIGH, BUT YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
What about Bergkamp his been playing summink wikkid recently in addition too filling the captaincy spot quite nicely with Vieria out.
Henry was captain today, and was really worried that he would let his team down or something. Bless! I think Bergkamp will be used a bit less than last season, which will make him play better probably, cos he is getting older.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
still cant get over mens 4 by 100m GOLD.

watching the highlights it is f*ckin brilliant!!!!
the last time they won it was ageeeessssssssssssss ago! 1912?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (154)
59.46%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.17%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.37%

Watched Threads