Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Cricket has to be one of the most boring sports i've ever seen, good choice in dumping that and taking up beach volley ball.
    Beach volley ball is a proper sport, with tournaments being played throughout the year.
    If i lived in south america / california etc i'd be playing it for sure, and watching the women play it of course :cool:

ReputationRep:
    anyone gonna wake up early to watch it?????

yes, 12:30 is very early for me on a sunday :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    still cant get over mens 4 by 100m GOLD.

watching the highlights it is f*ckin brilliant!!!!
    the last time they won it was ageeeessssssssssssss ago! 1912?

Yeah, it was brilliant. It was great for the guys. I mean, they must have been upset because none of them got into the sprint finals, but they made up partially for it.
    And DC remains for the next Olympics!!!

ReputationRep:
    I still can't get over how much beef Mark Lewis Francis had put on. Yowski.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    anyone gonna wake up early to watch it?????

yes, 12:30 is very early for me on a sunday :cool:
    Best set your alarm clock for it then! I'll definitely try to be up by then at least!

ReputationRep:
    Blimey.

ReputationRep:
    i want him to win, just for the sake of another medal
    but then i also want him to lose, just to destroy his ego ;> he's got the worst camera manner ever, i feel sorry for the people who have to interview him.
    12:30 is far2early anywah :<

ReputationRep:
    I hope he destorys him and then is really arrogant, just to piss everyone off.

ReputationRep:
    Realistically, I reckon he'll lose. Kindelan's looked good throughout all the rounds, his technique's solid and he's very quick but he's a little sloppy blocking his stomach area - Khan is that fast that if he gets to him anywhere, it'll be there, especially as he's probably even faster than the Cuban.

Dunno though, Kindelan hasn't had a real challenge so far, where Khan has against Stilianov.

ReputationRep:
    why are the cubans so good at boxing????!!!!

7 in the finals of the boxing!

ReputationRep:
    I think Amirs done well...but the man from Cuba is likely to take it home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    Realistically, I reckon he'll lose. Kindelan's looked good throughout all the rounds, his technique's solid and he's very quick but he's a little sloppy blocking his stomach area - Khan is that fast that if he gets to him anywhere, it'll be there, especially as he's probably even faster than the Cuban.

Dunno though, Kindelan hasn't had a real challenge so far, where Khan has against Stilianov.
    And Kindelan's very good at defending a lead. Kahn has to keep up with him in points. I will be a bit surprised but happy if Kahn won. But this final will be a big test for him. Just to get to the final is a huge achievement. If not these Olmpics though, next Olympics he has a great chance of the gold, cos Kindelan will have probably retired.
    I hope Kahn resists the temptation to turn pro, because it will do him good to get more experience. After the next olympics, he'll still only be 21. Maybe it'll be even an ok think if Kahn loses, cos surely he'll want to come back next time to get the gold, and won't turn pro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    I still can't get over how much beef Mark Lewis Francis had put on. Yowski.
    LOL so what?????

it done him good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)

Yeah, it was brilliant. It was great for the guys. I mean, they must have been upset because none of them got into the sprint finals, but they made up partially for it.
    And DC remains for the next Olympics!!!
    yeh definetley. that is a incredible story, none of them made it into the individual finals, but they didnt give up and won it!

let me say that again, they BEAT maurice greene, Gatlin, Crawford and that other fast one!!!!!!!
    ahhhhhhh that feels gooooood.

i was appauled with the disrespect the americans showed GB when they were on the GOLD podium during the national anthem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    yeh definetley. that is a incredible story, none of them made it into the individual finals, but they didnt give up and won it!

let me say that again, they BEAT maurice greene, Gatlin, Crawford and that other fast one!!!!!!!
    ahhhhhhh that feels gooooood.

i was appauled with the disrespect the americans showed GB when they were on the GOLD podium during the national anthem
    Come on, it wasnt that amazing. He had a huge led over greene, and greene came all the way back. Another 5 feet he would have had it. But well done to your guys.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to the Brits on winning the 4x100m men's relay! I must've taken my eyes off the screen for a second at the end... I thought the US had won until i saw the british guy (sorry don't know his name!) jumping around and I realised who'd got it!

I felt sorry for the US team when they were being interviewed by the NBC reporter though. He asked them:
    "Are you really satisfied with silver?" :rolleyes:

What kinda dumb question is that? They make it seem as though to win silver is to be a loser when it really is quite an accomplishment... and why do they hardly ever interview the gold medal winners (who aren't American)???

ReputationRep:
    hehe, On Roy and H.G.'s The Dream: In Athens they had some American track athlete on (dont know his name but hes going into comedy) and he was hilarious. They had Alice Mills there as well and H.G. asked her if she had a sponsor. She said no, but she would like a little Toyota.

They all got the 24 carat gold shovel pin and the 6 rolls of toilet paper with the golden shovel on it.

Roy and H.G. are bizarre...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    why are the cubans so good at boxing????!!!!

7 in the finals of the boxing!
    it's a shame they can't go pro, otherwise they'll rule the boxing world

ReputationRep:
    Why can't they go pro?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cow)
    Why can't they go pro?
    it's a communist country

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.