Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have heard China is gonig to try to enter competitors in every single event, they will win a heck of a lot of medals!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    I have heard China is gonig to try to enter competitors in every single event, they will win a heck of a lot of medals!
    definetley.
    they entered that man for 110m hurdles and he goes and wins gold and equals the world record.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    I hadnt heard about the brazilians before earlier today, my apologies. I guess the americans probably would do the same, but Paul Hamm was brilliant, and it seems like this is taking away from what he did.
    I agree with you there. It really isn't fair to the athletes because it's not their fault. Well, I guess all we can do is hope that lessons are learnt from what happened this year so that we never see anything like it again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Just thought I'd mention commiserations to the GB marathon runner, Jon Brown who finished 4th, for the 2nd time in a row.
    Sucks. Was he in 2nd place at one point?

Edit: it sucked when the Brazillian got attacked too.

ReputationRep:
    Clive Woodward, England Rugby Coach, is to switch sports! The Daily Mail has learnt that he will serve his notice of 1 year and take up a coaching role at Southampton Football Club. His intentions seem to be focused on taking the helm of the England football side (soccer).

I think this might be good for the England Football team as Clive takes no s**t. I would like to see Mr. Beckham and Co demand things from Clive!! This will be a funny time in both rugby and football!

Good Luck to Clive, England Rugby needs a new approach to its rugby. The Lions tour might cap an amazing career in rugby for Clive as he moves to new pastures.

ReputationRep:
    Lawrence Dallaglio has called a shock end to his international career, stepping down as captain of England's rugby union team.

What do you think of this?

ReputationRep:
    I couldnt tell you who will win this series, we havent been in good form of late and neither have england in odi cricket either
    its anybodys game

ReputationRep:
    Manchester United look certain to sign England's 18 year old superstar Wayne Rooney from Everton. The deal is likely to be in the region of £25m.

Wayne Rooney was seen visiting the Manchester United training ground this morining for a medical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hossy)
    Manchester United look certain to sign England's 18 year old superstar Wayne Rooney from Everton. The deal is likely to be in the region of £25m.

Wayne Rooney was seen visiting the Manchester United training ground this morining for a medical.

Great News for Manchester United!
    I thought yesterday there was too little time left for a deal to be completed.
    So when i woke this morning I was ecstatic to hear that he had signed subject to a medical.
    He will surely give United the boost they need in this new season.
    Having 2 of the hottest prospects in world football, things are only looking on the up for Manchester United.

ReputationRep:
    united play well when they have 4 forwards (remember '99)

ReputationRep:
    Sharapova is in a relatively comfortable quarter of the draw.
    With Justine Henin-Hardenne looking like the only worthy competitor.
    If both win their respective games, it would provide an interesting quarter final between the Belgian and the Russian.

Sharapova's first game is against Laura Granville from the USA.
    I would expect, and hope that, she wins comfortably.
    Good luck Maria!

What time is this match? And is it on TV?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Sharapova is in a relatively comfortable quarter of the draw.
    With Justine Henin-Hardenne looking like the only worthy competitor.
    If both win their respective games, it would provide an interesting quarter final between the Belgian and the Russian.

Sharapova's first game is against Laura Granville from the USA.
    I would expect, and hope that, she wins comfortably.
    Good luck Maria!

What time is this match? And is it on TV?
    erm, i think it's at midnight (as long as the previous match on court ends before then)
    the only other match which is on an 'important' court at that time is, Heuberger (Swi) v Nadal (Spa)- so i'm pretty sure it'll be televised on at least sky sports or eurosport

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockel)
    erm, i think it's at midnight (as long as the previous match on court ends before then)
    the only other match which is on an 'important' court at that time is, Heuberger (Swi) v Nadal (Spa)- so i'm pretty sure it'll be televised on at least sky sports or eurosport
    Cool.

My Prediction is 6-3, 6-1 Sharapova! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    united play well when they have 4 forwards (remember '99)
    And now we have a considerably better 4 forwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Cool.

My Prediction is 6-3, 6-1 Sharapova! :cool:
    laura granville's not totally unknown so it won't be really easy, but i agree sharapova should win pretty comfortably

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hossy)
    Clive Woodward, England Rugby Coach, is to switch sports! The Daily Mail has learnt that he will serve his notice of 1 year and take up a coaching role at Southampton Football Club. His intentions seem to be focused on taking the helm of the England football side (soccer).

I think this might be good for the England Football team as Clive takes no s**t. I would like to see Mr. Beckham and Co demand things from Clive!! This will be a funny time in both rugby and football!

Good Luck to Clive, England Rugby needs a new approach to its rugby. The Lions tour might cap an amazing career in rugby for Clive as he moves to new pastures.
    Woh! :eek:
    Good luck to him!
    But does he actually have a clue about Association Football?

ReputationRep:
    Remember the Mail might be making this up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Remember the Mail might be making this up.
    Yeah...thats more than likely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangrene)
    What do you think is going to happen in 2008, when the Olympic Games will be held in Beijing?
    A perplexing question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    People are going to compete, medals will be won... just a hunch I have.
    i dunno about that....
    i think you are imagining too much ellie

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.