Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by hattori)
why the hell did man utd pay so much for rooney and didn't scrape together £24mill for Ronaldhino, i suppose circumstances changed but I know who I'd rather have.
Anything to do with the chief executive?
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by hattori)
why the hell did man utd pay so much for rooney and didn't scrape together £24mill for Ronaldhino, i suppose circumstances changed but I know who I'd rather have.
I know that is crazy. :eek:
lotus_lee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well, you gotta trust Sir Alex Ferguson's judgement. He knows a good quality young player when he sees one. Of course, £20 million would have been the maximum I paid for him but he will turn world-class one day, I think....
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lotus_lee)
Well, you gotta trust Sir Alex Ferguson's judgement. He knows a good quality young player when he sees one. Of course, £20 million would have been the maximum I paid for him but he will turn world-class one day, I think....
You don't remember a United player whose surname is Greenie do you?
Vixen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
He can come to Southampton :cool:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by VixenIW)
He can come to Southampton :cool:
Why do you want him?
Vixen
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Why do you want him?
I think hes a pretty good manager and a lovely man. I reckon Saints would do well with him. That idiot Sturrock wasnt cut out for the job but Sir Bobby knows what hes doin So either him or Matt Le Tissier
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think hes a pretty good manager and a lovely man. I reckon Saints would do well with him. That idiot Sturrock wasnt cut out for the job but Sir Bobby knows what hes doin So either him or Matt Le Tissier
Doesn't Bobby want to retire at some stage?
Vixen
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Doesn't Bobby want to retire at some stage?
Oh gosh I hope not. Hes only 71 or something - years left in him yet
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oh gosh I hope not. Hes only 71 or something - years left in him yet
Indeed. Matt Le Tesier is like an icon for your team.....
Vixen
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Indeed. Matt Le Tesier is like an icon for your team.....
Yeh he is. Could you imagine it if he was made manager? It would be immense. The players love him, they'd do so well. But the chances are about 1 in 25,000 or something crazy
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeh he is. Could you imagine it if he was made manager? It would be immense. The players love him, they'd do so well. But the chances are about 1 in 25,000 or something crazy
But would he make a good manager? Some players don't have the knack, others do.
Vixen
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
But would he make a good manager? Some players don't have the knack, others do.
Hehehe, very good question. And he probably wouldnt be a good manager as such. He'd probably bring a refreshing outlook and give the players some incentive but in the long run I think we need someone more sound - Bobby for example
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hehehe, very good question. And he probably wouldnt be a good manager as such. He'd probably bring a refreshing outlook and give the players some incentive but in the long run I think we need someone more sound - Bobby for example
I agree. Very few footballers are as afluent and multitalented such as Jimmy Hill.
n7studios
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It's been interesting to see people's comments on Paula's performance.

I agree with the comments that Paula's previous record has been brilliant; and let's not take anything away from her here. Perhaps she was injured, and many factors contributed to her poor performance (yes, it was poor as far as I'm concerned). As much as I do not approve of her recent performance, I do hope that she is able to bounce back from this and resume her great past performance.

I cited Darren Campbell as being an example of somebody who was injured, and subsequently won a gold medal with three others in the 4 x 100m relay. In Darren's case, an "instant" replacement would be available for the 4 x 100m relay, should his injury have been worse. However, if Paula knew she was injured beforehand and knew she had not trained fully and was not 100%, perhaps we should question her position in this olympics -- a position that could have been taken by an athlete who would have at least given us a result, rather than a "DNF"? Some will undoubtedly argue that she had a better chance of getting medals in those two events, hence the reason to keep her in the team.

I feel, however, that it is fairly unsporting for an athlete of her calibre to not finish two races. Obviously, we will never know exactly how hard she may have tried in attempting to get as far as she did (only she will truly know that herself), however her lack of finishes gives the majority of the public the view that, when beaten, she gives up. Whilst this may not be true, it would have been nice to see her at least finish, and show that she is a true sportswoman.

There is no question that Paula was good; however her recent form at the Olympics has failed to impress me.

Let's keep this topic on track, and ignore any silly, personal comments about unsporting geeks.

Tim.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
6-3 5-7 at the moment.

Sharapova started quite well, taking the first set relatively comfortably.
She lost her way a bit in the second set, making a few too many careless mistakes, and the American ended up stealing the set.

Come on Maria!
Get in there!
Don't Give up already!!! :eek:
lotus_lee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You don't remember a United player whose surname is Greenie do you?
Nope never heard of him. Sorry
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lotus_lee)
Nope never heard of him. Sorry
He only played one game that I saw on TV and he wasn't that good. I've no idea where Fergie got him from and it was a long time ago, plus I don't support United
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss!!!!
Such a tense final set.
Sharapova was always fighting from behind, as she was serving second.
Credit must be given to Laura Granville who was playing some fantastic tennis.
But Sharapova turned up the quality in the last 2 games, to win the set 7-5 and the match 6-3, 5-7, 7-5.

Well Done Maria!
On to Round 2. :cool:
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Steve Wigley's in charge full-time at Southampton, isn't he?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.92%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.04%
Not great so far... (221)
35.99%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.06%

Watched Threads