?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gwarwick)
Muay Thai.
aint that kick boxing?
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 15 years ago
Karate, i've heard of it more than the rest.
Gwarwick
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Swim By)
aint that kick boxing?
Yes it is thai kick boxing though. You use your feet, leg, knees, fists, and elbows. In standard kick boxing I don't think you can use your knees, and elbows. It is extremely dangerous, imagine a knee, or elbow to your face.
Gwarwick
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
'Krav Maga (Hebrew for “contact combat”) is the official self-defense and fighting system of the Israeli Defense Forces. It has been recognized as the most efficient self-defense system for real-life situations, emphasizing practical defenses against real attacks. It has been taught to hundreds of U.S. law enforcement agencies and thousands of civilians.

Krav Maga is a simple, effective self-defense system emphasizing instinctive movements, practical techniques and realistic training scenarios. Plus, because it’s based on a person’s natural reactions, it is easy to learn. You can become proficient in months rather than years.'

http://www.kravmagakc.com/

Its pretty amazing, but the videos on the site make it look stupid.
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Kung Fu...aka Chinese boxing...specifically the one that Bruce Lee invented...i think its called Wing Chun...the best martial art ever!!!!

G
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Kung Fu I thought would have been on the poll.
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Kung Fu I thought would have been on the poll.
Good knowledge!

G
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
This is poll is also biased. More people are going to hear about kickboxing and karate because more places in my area teach those martial arts. It is probably, though only arguably, easier to pick up.

I have views on certain martial arts. Like I do not classify karate over taekwondo because it's more offence than defence. This is only my opinion though.

Most of the famous martial artists practice Kung Fu, that has to say something.

One of my friends held the view that if two people were fighting, one practice TKD and the other kickboxing, if it lasted long the TKD one would win. No idea if it's true but at the time it was an interesting thought.
Gwarwick
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
Kung Fu...aka Chinese boxing...specifically the one that Bruce Lee invented...i think its called Wing Chun...the best martial art ever!!!!

G
Wing Chun!?!?!?! Its called Jeet Kun Do, I'm certain.
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Whoops yeh/...that's the one..i think wing chun is just a style of tai chi....lol...sorry...my brain is currently frazzled due to exams

G
Swim By
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
bloody hell, is anyone else watching? how good is this guy?? he makes it look so easy!

6-1 first set against hewitt
tis_me_lord
Report 15 years ago
Whoops yeh/...that's the one..i think wing chun is just a style of tai chi....lol...sorry...my brain is currently frazzled due to exams
Don't forget the alcohol.
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
Don't forget the alcohol.
Yeah...lol..that's probably having an effect as well...although i think it's wearing off now....although i've just been invited to a BBQ tonight....so it might be gone again

G
tis_me_lord
Report 15 years ago
Yeah...lol..that's probably having an effect as well...although i think it's wearing off now....although i've just been invited to a BBQ tonight....so it might be gone again
Tut tut, steady on, you're turning into an alcoholic. I haven't drank since...last night, see how good i am.
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
you're correct there.

Wing Chun was invented by a woman in the 19th century, who due to her lack of physical strength compared to most men, developed a technique which involved grappling and various other methods of fighting which rely on skill rather than strength.
edufly
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Swim By)
bloody hell, is anyone else watching? how good is this guy?? he makes it look so easy!

6-1 first set against hewitt

Yeh he is amazing

But to be honest there arent many great tennis players around in this present era, so there no credible challengers anymore

Hewitt went vastly downhill since his peak a couple of years back
DazYa
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
he is very very good
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
Tut tut, steady on, you're turning into an alcoholic. I haven't drank since...last night, see how good i am.
Lol...i can't help it...it's the post-exam period..how do you expect me to stay sober????

I'm not normally like this anyway...lol.....just today

G
Swim By
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by eddiedaboss)
Yeh he is amazing

But to be honest there arent many great tennis players around in this present era, so there no credible challengers anymore

Hewitt went vastly downhill since his peak a couple of years back
what about roddick? i know hewitt is not the player he used to be but still, he made it look so confortable..
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~independent~)
Hey, I was just wondering which is the best form of martial arts that protects you the best?
Well, I reckon that the various ninjitsu are the best, simple because of the wide range of techniques available.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24%
No (323)
76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed