Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
hihihihi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
But will signing Rooney actually help Man U to beat Arsenal and Chelsea to the Championship? I'm not so sure. Their midfield just doesn't have what it used to have about 5 years ago.
goldenboy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
U SURE!

de la hoya is kinda small and hopkins hits hard man.

this fite is gne be huge! i dnt think people understand.
leah_mushroom
Report 15 years ago
Yes - i think so.
4 strikers can only help especially with strikers like rooney smith van nistelrooy saha. I dont think Rooneys the only answer to their slow start but its one of them
ravs
Report 15 years ago
no no, lets not be stupid now

sachin when he comes back MUST open the innings for india
he has had al lof his success batting at the top and out of his 37 tons, only 3 have come when he has NOT batted as an opener. he can demoralise the bowlers from the begining. believe me, his prescence batting at the top does do a little bit to the bowlers confidence even before they have bowled.

dravid is good enough to finish an innings, trust me on this one, he can be very very aggressive when he wants to, ive seen it many a time before.

india should go back to the world cup formation that did them so proud. except laxman would be in and sehwag would swap with ganguly.
when sachin is back it should go like this:

sachin
saurav
vvs
kaif
sehwag
dravid
yuvraj
pathan
agarkar
balaji
harbhajan

i think balaji is s bowler who revels in conditions that suit him, therefore he should be played outside of the subcontinent. however when the pitches are dead, he struggles as we saw in the asia cup. this is the opposite to pathan who can swing it on any deck.
either way, changes are needed in the order, cos this isnt working. im fine with sticking with a winning combination, but you cannot stick with a losing combination
hossy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Okay lets get this straight...I live in the Isle of Man and I am worried about the amount of deaths which seem to ever grow, year upon year.

I love watching the racing. 170mph+ through dual carriage ways and towns over a 37mile course. The atmosphere is electric both on and off the track.

However, the amounts of deaths that have taken place over the past year have made me think harder about the event.

Yesterday a rider, who was leading the race by 20+ seconds died on the final lap at 150mph. On the previous lap he set a 'class' record. Does the course need modification or limit the 'superbike' status to only the elite riders?

Mind you even then you can’t stop them dying! The course record holder and countless winner David Jeffries lost his life the previous year! This course is so hard that even the greatest person ever to ride it can’t out-live it!!

In only this past week, in the lesser event on the TT course, the Manx Grand Prix has claimed the lives of 3 young men. During the 2004 TT period at least 12 people died. This happens year upon year! Not only does this cause the residents pain but they too can be involved in accidents.

How many more lives are going to be lost? Anybody got any suggestions?

Picks - MGP's latest victim - http://www.photomann.net/MGP/target0.html

Tommy Clucas Website - Diary - August 28th - talks about the death of another local rider and questions why he does it - he died in the race this week – RIP - http://www.tomclucas.com/2004/DiaryMGP280804.htm

Any thoughts?
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Truth be told , kaif is just an OK player . Excellent fielder but a oneoff in england 2 years ago doesnt warrant him a place , theyd do better with someone like ramesh powar , good hitter and can bowl a good 10 overs . India need at least one genuine allrounder . Agarkar isnt delivering .
ravs
Report 15 years ago
powar was tried with and was pretty crap. i would have ms dhoni come in, wicketkeeper, and a rally hard hitting batter, scored tons of runs for the A side against some top opposition.

agarkar isnt delivering but he also isnt playing, so i guess u cant blame the guy.
JumpinJackFlash
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Oh, and in all seriousness now, you have the worst goalkeeper in the Premiership by far - what was he doing when the ball rolled under his foot and nearly into the back of the net???? Not to mention shaky on crosses all game, butter fingers and kicking about as far as I could throw Michael Ricketts.

Apart from that though, you were a lot better than I thought you'd be. You played well today.
Palace will probably go down and there is no denying that and I am one of their best supporters. We are just treating every game like a cup final and if we are very lucky we may avoid relegation :rolleyes:
TIMAAAAAAAAAAAY
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
terry venables? newcastle are going down the well
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by infekt)
Quitter . remember the story about the italian guy who couldnt even make it across to the finish line and had to be held up ? ... he was stripped of the medal for being helped .. but he didnt quit did he

And the swimmer in sydney , who hadnt even been in a 50 m pool before . I forget where he is from . He didnt even have a proper stroke but still he finished

The worst excuse i heard on tv for her quitting was " Oh she knew she coulnt win , and she wants nothing less" . WTF ! ... why dont 3 people just enter these events then . she should have completed the race even though she came last
Hear Hear
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Branded Spark)
i felt sorry for her after the marathon, but thought she was a quitter when she pulled out in the 10km
She could have walked.
bobbybrown
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
she's no ordinary quitter, she did it TWICE in the same olympic games. that's legendary in itself.
Vyse
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Quitter. It was very disrespectful to the other athletes, no matter what is said. I loved how our winning 4x100m relay team told us that it “wasn’t all about the medals.” True sportsmen. We put in many very credible performances down the table.

However we can’t be too harsh on Paul Radcliffe. Her mental state following the marathon must’ve been critically instable. I hope she picks herself up and goes on to many bigger and better things. She’s still a brilliant athlete; and still the holder of three world records after all.
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
A big total. What do we think ? Can India catch them ?
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If we go by the showing of India in the last match, then no. 307 is a pretty big total. Well done to England for achieving that.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by infekt)
Quitter
And the swimmer in sydney , who hadnt even been in a 50 m pool before . I forget where he is from . He didnt even have a proper stroke but still he finished
Was it Eric the eel, or Eddie the eel or something?
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dr. Blazed)
A big total. What do we think ? Can India catch them ?
Nah India wont catch that.
Flintoff completly owned India.
Dr. Blazed
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Flintoff completly owned India.
I know Shame he was out for 99.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dr. Blazed)
I know Shame he was out for 99.
Lol, yeah quite ironic that.
Unlucky for him, he deserved 100, cus he was batting amazingly.
Final 10 overs were amazing!
Dr. Blazed
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Lol, yeah quite Ironic that.
Unlucky for him, he deserved 100, cus he was batting amazingly.
Final 10 overs were amazing!
Amusing statistic of the day - Jones' S/R was exactly 200.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.89%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
27.03%
Not great so far... (282)
35.79%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed