Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO

Watch
This discussion is closed.
infekt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i wouldnt say a poor loss ... it was a good win . England won the match more than india lost it . Give credit where due . Besides theres already anohter thread for this
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
pakistan play the aussies tommorow at lords . anyone know what channel is showing it if any ?
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by who_me)
What's that smell....

Oh, it's SPAM.
hehe ... i can just picture the person saying that in an " infomercial " kinda voice
ravs
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
sky got it
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Isn't it a 3nd round match?
Have I missed a match somewhere!?! :eek:

Edit: It appears i did miss a match.
What was the score in her last game?
erm, sorry...the match should actually be tomorrow (she plays on the same day as henman)

as for missing her last match, i've forgotten which one it was now, but i'll remember soon
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ellie4)
Totally agree!
I actually looked up in the thread to see if I had said that. :rolleyes:

You evil, evil girl! I would never say such a thing! :eek:
You deserve to be punished!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

hehe, yeah. i actually looked up to see if you had said that.....thought you had gone crazy for a minute
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Great win. We played excellently again today. Apart from Vaughan with the bat (even though he took a couple of good catches), it was good stuff all round.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
okay. apparently she played Jelena Jankovic and won 6-0, 6-7, 6-1 ....i must have just totally missed that :confused:
btw, she's also playing mixed doubles with Max Mirnyi
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
hehe, yeah. i actually looked up to see if you had said that.....thought you had gone crazy for a minute
Ellie is the crazy one. :cool:

okay. apparently she played Jelena Jankovic and won 6-0, 6-7, 6-1 ....i must have just totally missed that :confused:
btw, she's also playing mixed doubles with Max Mirnyi
Yeah I totally missed that aswell! :eek:
At least she won.

Woh cool didn't know she was playing in doubles aswell.
Thanx for the info!
Ellie4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dr. Blazed)
Great win. We played excellently again today. Apart from Vaughan with the bat (even though he took a couple of good catches), it was good stuff all round.
the last partnership was pathetic , sportsmanship was lost on those two . both got out to big nicks , they should have walked considering india had no chance of winning . top batsman of the world walk when they know they are out , sachin , inzi , waugh . pretty sucky
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by infekt)
the last partnership was pathetic , sportsmanship was lost on those two . both got out to big nicks , they should have walked considering india had no chance of winning . top batsman of the world walk when they know they are out , sachin , inzi , waugh . pretty sucky
what happened?
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
what happened?
harbhajan and balaji got out to huge nicks and it wasnt given by the umps , which was surprising itslef since the catches were so straightforward there wasnt even a need to appeal . but harbhajan and balaji stayed on . a good sportsman would have walked
ravs
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
sachin NEVER walks, and inzi has only started doing that recently

the only person i can think of who ALWAYS walks is brian lara

good win by england. it shows the value of flintoff, they couldnt win in the natwest series without him, and when hes back they are on fire.
its the same with india and sachin. when hes in the team, its a different team even though its one different player
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by infekt)
harbhajan and balaji got out to huge nicks and it wasnt given by the umps , which was surprising itslef since the catches were so straightforward there wasnt even a need to appeal . but harbhajan and balaji stayed on . a good sportsman would have walked
ah okay....but would you honestly expect them to walk with the match on the line?- even though it was the last wicket and they had a next to nothing chance of winning, you can understand their reluctancy knowing that walking would hand the opposition the match.
having said that, there are some good sportsmen out there that would walk whatever the situation- but i think that's a rarity.
also, was their an incident earlier on in the innings where kaif should have been out caught behind off giles (?)....that was quite disappointing to see as it clearly hit him on the glove and possibly the bat
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ravs)
the only person i can think of who ALWAYS walks is brian lara
i think gilchrist always walks as well- i remember an incident during the world cup against sri lanka where he was playing well and was caught at short leg (i think).....it was a tough one for the umpire, but gilchrist walked immediately
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ah okay....but would you honestly expect them to walk with the match on the line?- even though it was the last wicket and they had a next to nothing chance of winning, you can understand their reluctancy knowing that walking would hand the opposition the match.
having said that, there are some good sportsmen out there that would walk whatever the situation- but i think that's a rarity.
also, was their an incident earlier on in the innings where kaif should have been out caught behind off giles (?)....that was quite disappointing to see as it clearly hit him on the glove and possibly the bat
The umps are sucky in this tournie . Shep made some questionable decisions yesterday too .
kokopops
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
is there any point in the match im going on sunday? je suis confused....as long as irfan's there tho!! lol
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kokopops)
is there any point in the match im going on sunday? je suis confused....as long as irfan's there tho!! lol
you could catch a flintoof hit
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (18)
22.22%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (17)
20.99%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (46)
56.79%

Watched Threads