Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt say a poor loss ... it was a good win . England won the match more than india lost it . Give credit where due . Besides theres already anohter thread for this

ReputationRep:
    pakistan play the aussies tommorow at lords . anyone know what channel is showing it if any ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    What's that smell....

Oh, it's SPAM.
    hehe ... i can just picture the person saying that in an " infomercial " kinda voice

ReputationRep:
    sky got it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Isn't it a 3nd round match?
    Have I missed a match somewhere!?! :eek:

Edit: It appears i did miss a match.
    What was the score in her last game?
    erm, sorry...the match should actually be tomorrow (she plays on the same day as henman)

as for missing her last match, i've forgotten which one it was now, but i'll remember soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Totally agree!
    I actually looked up in the thread to see if I had said that. :rolleyes:

You evil, evil girl! I would never say such a thing! :eek:
    You deserve to be punished!

ReputationRep:

hehe, yeah. i actually looked up to see if you had said that.....thought you had gone crazy for a minute

ReputationRep:
    Great win. We played excellently again today. Apart from Vaughan with the bat (even though he took a couple of good catches), it was good stuff all round.

ReputationRep:
    okay. apparently she played Jelena Jankovic and won 6-0, 6-7, 6-1 ....i must have just totally missed that :confused:
    btw, she's also playing mixed doubles with Max Mirnyi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockel)
    hehe, yeah. i actually looked up to see if you had said that.....thought you had gone crazy for a minute
    Ellie is the crazy one. :cool:

okay. apparently she played Jelena Jankovic and won 6-0, 6-7, 6-1 ....i must have just totally missed that :confused:
    btw, she's also playing mixed doubles with Max Mirnyi
    Yeah I totally missed that aswell! :eek:
    At least she won.

Woh cool didn't know she was playing in doubles aswell.
    Thanx for the info!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    Great win. We played excellently again today. Apart from Vaughan with the bat (even though he took a couple of good catches), it was good stuff all round.
    the last partnership was pathetic , sportsmanship was lost on those two . both got out to big nicks , they should have walked considering india had no chance of winning . top batsman of the world walk when they know they are out , sachin , inzi , waugh . pretty sucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    the last partnership was pathetic , sportsmanship was lost on those two . both got out to big nicks , they should have walked considering india had no chance of winning . top batsman of the world walk when they know they are out , sachin , inzi , waugh . pretty sucky
    what happened?

ReputationRep:
    what happened?
    harbhajan and balaji got out to huge nicks and it wasnt given by the umps , which was surprising itslef since the catches were so straightforward there wasnt even a need to appeal . but harbhajan and balaji stayed on . a good sportsman would have walked

ReputationRep:
    sachin NEVER walks, and inzi has only started doing that recently

the only person i can think of who ALWAYS walks is brian lara

good win by england. it shows the value of flintoff, they couldnt win in the natwest series without him, and when hes back they are on fire.
    its the same with india and sachin. when hes in the team, its a different team even though its one different player

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    harbhajan and balaji got out to huge nicks and it wasnt given by the umps , which was surprising itslef since the catches were so straightforward there wasnt even a need to appeal . but harbhajan and balaji stayed on . a good sportsman would have walked
    ah okay....but would you honestly expect them to walk with the match on the line?- even though it was the last wicket and they had a next to nothing chance of winning, you can understand their reluctancy knowing that walking would hand the opposition the match.
    having said that, there are some good sportsmen out there that would walk whatever the situation- but i think that's a rarity.
    also, was their an incident earlier on in the innings where kaif should have been out caught behind off giles (?)....that was quite disappointing to see as it clearly hit him on the glove and possibly the bat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravs)
    the only person i can think of who ALWAYS walks is brian lara
    i think gilchrist always walks as well- i remember an incident during the world cup against sri lanka where he was playing well and was caught at short leg (i think).....it was a tough one for the umpire, but gilchrist walked immediately

ReputationRep:
    ah okay....but would you honestly expect them to walk with the match on the line?- even though it was the last wicket and they had a next to nothing chance of winning, you can understand their reluctancy knowing that walking would hand the opposition the match.
    having said that, there are some good sportsmen out there that would walk whatever the situation- but i think that's a rarity.
    also, was their an incident earlier on in the innings where kaif should have been out caught behind off giles (?)....that was quite disappointing to see as it clearly hit him on the glove and possibly the bat
    The umps are sucky in this tournie . Shep made some questionable decisions yesterday too .

ReputationRep:
    is there any point in the match im going on sunday? je suis confused....as long as irfan's there tho!! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops)
    is there any point in the match im going on sunday? je suis confused....as long as irfan's there tho!! lol
    you could catch a flintoof hit

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.