This discussion is closed.
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by infekt)
you could catch a flintoof hit
No one could catch a Flintoff hit. It would just blaze straight through you.
S1M
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
who went?
i was there
i thought it was quite a good match...
Harbhajan caned it to the max... he should open batting and bowling with agarkar... lol
Gough was a joker too... he started taunting us indian fans when he was fielding near the boundary... but at least he didnt get his 200th wicket... he will have to wait until sunday (lords on sunday right?) for that...
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Anyone know when the Sharapova - Pierce match is?
just found out that the match is definetely today (Saturday), and it's after the Federer-Santoro match (which starts at 1600)....now, although santoro is a tricky player, i'd expect federer to finish it off quite comfortably in about 1.5 hrs.....which means sharapova's match may start at around 1745.....either way, both federer's and sharapova's matches should be televised on either sky sports or eurosport
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm going
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I wanted to go but as usual all the talk amongst my friends came to nothing.

Might wear my Poland shirt out round Hull this week. On second thoughts better now...probably get beaten up.
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Heres our final thoughts...

OK here goes... The TRI-NATIONS AWARDS

Player of the Season
Newcomer of the Year
Biggest Dissappointment
Quiet Achiever
Best Performance
Best Team Display
Worst Team Display
Best Try
Worst Moment
Biggest Hit

There they are guys, cut loose!
Everdawn
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Player of the Season - Have to say probably Lote Tuqiri
Newcomer of the Year - Dan Cater, NZ
Biggest Dissappointment- Bernie not getting the ball into touch a few games...
Quiet Achiever- Either Schalk Burger or Matt Giteau
Best Performance- Chris Latham in the Tri-Nations final. About the only one who played well.
Best Team Display Wallabies in Perth V Springbok
Worst Team Display When we played water polo in Wellington
Best Try Clyde Rathbone sealing the game V Bokkies in Perth
Worst Moment (for NZ) The string of penalties for being offside V Wallabies.

Biggest Hit Brendan Cannon against NZ which he was suspended 2 matches.
infekt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Whats up with that !!! i thought he just had tennis elbow , whihc should have healed pretty fast i reckon , is it a coverup for sumthing worse thats happened to him or do you think he will play and its just a media ploy .

Shabbir ahmeds injured too ... we got azhar mahmood instead thankfully , hope he plays well . He should be used to english conditions and hes been playing very well for surrey lately
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
A bit like watching Subbuteo . Two very poor sides.
S1M
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
damn... hopefully we can pull something off without him then

anyway we dont need him... we got harbhajan
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by [email protected])
Im gutted i didnt watch it either as i went to a scissor sisters concert instead
Says alot about Rugby Union when someone would rather go to a scissor sisters concert .
ravs
Report 15 years ago
we're ****ed. thats all it is. the guy lifts our team so much and he wont be there

looks like a pretty serious injury to me, god forbid he isnt fit for the australia series, il probably be in tears if he isnt.

still, we just gotta get back to winning ways, cant see that happening though, pak looking quite good atm
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
A bit like watching Subbuteo . Two very poor sides.

Hahahaha. So true.
Everdawn
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
Says alot about Rugby Union when someone would rather go to a scissor sisters concert .
oh, hardey har har.. :rolleyes:
Simba
Badges: 15
Report 15 years ago
I'd like to see you people who call her a quitter run 22 miles and then 5 days later run over 5,000m :rolleyes: .

She was purely unlucky. She even said herself she felt mentally fit for the 10k, but just physically her legs didn't have it from the marathon. Unless you can do any better, don't go hitting on her, and I'm sure that not a single person here could do as well as she did. GO PAULA !
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Simba)
I'd like to see you people who call her a quitter run 22 miles and then 5 days later run over 5,000m :rolleyes:
I can
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Was never a sending off and I hope that Poland will appeal to try and allow what seemed to be one of their better players to play against England.
lymphoz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
like one of the commentators said... northern european caucasian athletes cant handle those sorta conditions (temperature/humidity).

its genetics so she couldnt do much aboutt it even if she was world record holder and favourite. And besides alot of other people pulled out of the marathon that they failed to mention in the media...

the olympic gold medallist should be an athlete who can win in any conditions sho if she falls short then thats too bad...

but kudos for trying her best
Evolin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i had a thought...just for a slight second...that she did it for the attention...but then she wouldve got more attention if she one the gold right?

i got nothing against her! well done on her for trying!
john williams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
India have performed well over the last few years so the current few loses are just a blip. They have the players like Shewag, dravid, ganguly and Tendulkar (if fit) etc who are all match winners and have the ability to perform on the day. Although hopefully tendulkar is fit for the India v pakistan match at Edgebaston, where India will hammer Pakistan!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.82%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.79%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.13%
It might lead to more bullying (128)
37.98%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.27%

Watched Threads