Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Counterpoint
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I would rather Tendulkar played in that game against us. It just gives the game that extra reverence. And also, this way we can say we beat or got beaten by a more complete Indian side.

I once met Lara and Sir Viv Richards at a Lashings game. Lara was a real nice guy; he was willing people on to get their pictures taken with him (it got rained off you see).

But Shoaib Akhtar was, and forgive my language, a ****ing arrogant tosser. He knew there were people who wanted say, just an autograph, or who just wanted to say hi to him... and he's walking past and he's actually pushing people and he's saying "Chor yaar chor naa, kya kar raha hay" ... since that day I've not respected him much at all, except that maybe he's our best chance of getting Tendulkar
opal
Report 15 years ago
Thank goodness Johnny Wilkinson is back. i was beginning to have withdrawl symptoms
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by opal)
Thank goodness Johnny Wilkinson is back. i was beginning to have withdrawl symptoms
:rolleyes: Part of the "God Wilko is Hot" club. Lets see exactly who gets the kicks in Newcastle when Matty Burke gets into action.
dan2004
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
flatwater sprint canoeing is by far the best sport. C1 not K1 that is of course
FallenSpirit
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I like watching Football, Rugby & anything Equestrian.

The only sports I play are Netball & Swimming, although I haven't done either in over a year...
Chubb
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Snowboarding. Personaly I don't see how Formula 1 is classified as a sport; to me a sport is something that involves more physical exercise than moving a stearing wheel (thats also why I don't see darts as a sport).
ravs
Report 15 years ago
shoaib is a **** yeh, thinks hes gods gift, on and off the field hes a prick. remember all these stupid statements he makes that blow up in his face

e.g. im going to target sachin, said this the night before his march 1st mauling at centurion park.
trouttrout
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Freddy Shepherd is messing Newcastle up!
seafood
Report 15 years ago
Good choice IMHO. Newcastle need a no-nonsense manager to keep their young/unruly squad under control.

He's done a pretty good job at Blackburn, should be interesting.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by seafood)
Good choice IMHO. Newcastle need a no-nonsense manager to keep their young/unruly squad under control.

He's done a pretty good job at Blackburn, should be interesting.
yeh it will be very interesting, good luck to the guy.
hes' at the top, lets see if he can stay there.
Prongs_TheGreat
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well my favourites are,
Rahul Dravid, Irfan Pathan, Brett Lee, Ricky ponting,Daniel Vettori,Stephen Fleming, and so on.... when i remember i will tell ya
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Graham Souness was voted the best player to ever play for Boro. He has always got a cheer and aa good reception from the Boro fans when he comes to the Riverside, will be interesting to see our reaction for him next season when he comes here. I for one will still cheer him.

Even though he didn't turn up for the last game at Ayresome Park like all our other all time greats :mad:
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Stewie, Stewie Downing, Stewie Downing on the wii-iiing!

goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mobb_theprequel)
And the goalkeeper manages to get totally wrong footed too!
.........by one of the best touches/turns ever
ravs
Report 15 years ago
sachin, vvs laxman when he applies himself
irfan
gilchrist
akram, when he played
ambrose, when he played
chris gayle when in form.
dont like any of the south african lot
Prongs_TheGreat
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ravs)
sachin, vvs laxman when he applies himself
irfan
gilchrist
akram, when he played
ambrose, when he played
chris gayle when in form.
dont like any of the south african lot
yeah nor me... i like gilchrist too
ravs
Report 15 years ago
my least favourite cricketer has to be somebody like shiv cahnderpaul, such an ugly technique, boring player.

dravid = best in the business IMO, most reliable test match batsman, averaging over 80 since june 2002, and highest average of any batsman since 2000, wat a record, lives in the shadow of sachin but still performs so so well
5 double tons since 2000 i might add aswell, all against different nations
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
.........by one of the best touches/turns ever
agreed
Prongs_TheGreat
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ravs)
my least favourite cricketer has to be somebody like shiv cahnderpaul, such an ugly technique, boring player.

dravid = best in the business IMO, most reliable test match batsman, averaging over 80 since june 2002, and highest average of any batsman since 2000, wat a record, lives in the shadow of sachin but still performs so so well
5 double tons since 2000 i might add aswell, all against different nations
he doesnt live in the shadow os tendulkar
Prongs_TheGreat
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i am a big fan of f1, i just love watching this sport, i like cricket, tennis, basketball, football
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (159)
24.92%
Better than expected (132)
20.69%
Worse than expected (347)
54.39%

Watched Threads