Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I would rather Tendulkar played in that game against us. It just gives the game that extra reverence. And also, this way we can say we beat or got beaten by a more complete Indian side.

I once met Lara and Sir Viv Richards at a Lashings game. Lara was a real nice guy; he was willing people on to get their pictures taken with him (it got rained off you see).

But Shoaib Akhtar was, and forgive my language, a ****ing arrogant tosser. He knew there were people who wanted say, just an autograph, or who just wanted to say hi to him... and he's walking past and he's actually pushing people and he's saying "Chor yaar chor naa, kya kar raha hay" ... since that day I've not respected him much at all, except that maybe he's our best chance of getting Tendulkar

ReputationRep:
    Thank goodness Johnny Wilkinson is back. i was beginning to have withdrawl symptoms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by opal)
    Thank goodness Johnny Wilkinson is back. i was beginning to have withdrawl symptoms
    :rolleyes: Part of the "God Wilko is Hot" club. Lets see exactly who gets the kicks in Newcastle when Matty Burke gets into action.

ReputationRep:
    flatwater sprint canoeing is by far the best sport. C1 not K1 that is of course

ReputationRep:
    I like watching Football, Rugby & anything Equestrian.

The only sports I play are Netball & Swimming, although I haven't done either in over a year...

ReputationRep:
    Snowboarding. Personaly I don't see how Formula 1 is classified as a sport; to me a sport is something that involves more physical exercise than moving a stearing wheel (thats also why I don't see darts as a sport).

ReputationRep:
    shoaib is a **** yeh, thinks hes gods gift, on and off the field hes a prick. remember all these stupid statements he makes that blow up in his face

e.g. im going to target sachin, said this the night before his march 1st mauling at centurion park.

ReputationRep:
    Freddy Shepherd is messing Newcastle up!

ReputationRep:
    Good choice IMHO. Newcastle need a no-nonsense manager to keep their young/unruly squad under control.

He's done a pretty good job at Blackburn, should be interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seafood)
    Good choice IMHO. Newcastle need a no-nonsense manager to keep their young/unruly squad under control.

He's done a pretty good job at Blackburn, should be interesting.
    yeh it will be very interesting, good luck to the guy.
    hes' at the top, lets see if he can stay there.

ReputationRep:
    well my favourites are,
    Rahul Dravid, Irfan Pathan, Brett Lee, Ricky ponting,Daniel Vettori,Stephen Fleming, and so on.... when i remember i will tell ya

ReputationRep:
    Graham Souness was voted the best player to ever play for Boro. He has always got a cheer and aa good reception from the Boro fans when he comes to the Riverside, will be interesting to see our reaction for him next season when he comes here. I for one will still cheer him.

Even though he didn't turn up for the last game at Ayresome Park like all our other all time greats :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Stewie, Stewie Downing, Stewie Downing on the wii-iiing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobb_theprequel)
    And the goalkeeper manages to get totally wrong footed too!
    .........by one of the best touches/turns ever

ReputationRep:
    sachin, vvs laxman when he applies himself
    irfan
    gilchrist
    akram, when he played
    ambrose, when he played
    chris gayle when in form.
    dont like any of the south african lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravs)
    sachin, vvs laxman when he applies himself
    irfan
    gilchrist
    akram, when he played
    ambrose, when he played
    chris gayle when in form.
    dont like any of the south african lot
    yeah nor me... i like gilchrist too

ReputationRep:
    my least favourite cricketer has to be somebody like shiv cahnderpaul, such an ugly technique, boring player.

dravid = best in the business IMO, most reliable test match batsman, averaging over 80 since june 2002, and highest average of any batsman since 2000, wat a record, lives in the shadow of sachin but still performs so so well
    5 double tons since 2000 i might add aswell, all against different nations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    .........by one of the best touches/turns ever
    agreed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravs)
    my least favourite cricketer has to be somebody like shiv cahnderpaul, such an ugly technique, boring player.

dravid = best in the business IMO, most reliable test match batsman, averaging over 80 since june 2002, and highest average of any batsman since 2000, wat a record, lives in the shadow of sachin but still performs so so well
    5 double tons since 2000 i might add aswell, all against different nations
    he doesnt live in the shadow os tendulkar

ReputationRep:
    i am a big fan of f1, i just love watching this sport, i like cricket, tennis, basketball, football

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.