Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    he's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone!

ReputationRep:
    best all rounder in world cricket currently, and my pick to get the Gary Sobers Trophy at the icc awards tomorow

ReputationRep:
    hes an extremely hard htting batsman too, possibly more than razzaq

and goodness knows hes a miles better bowler than razzaq is

ReputationRep:
    Do they include VAT?

ReputationRep:
    Graham Souness will be a disaster for Newcastle United Football Club. After less than impressive spells at Liverpool, Benfica, Southampton and Blackburn, surely he's not going to be a success at Newcastle!

At the start of the season it looked as if Souness would be luckly to last as Blackburn boss by Xmas, and judging recent results as Blackburn manager - that observation may well have been right.

Blackburn fans must be happy, for surely compensation to buy out the rest of Souness' contract would have been costly.

A failure to get Bruce, O'Leary and even Terry Venables has meant that Souness was the last choice candidate.

Newcastle have been a club in great turmoil over the last 10 years - stability and Newcastle are not normally associated with each other. They had Gullit, they had Keegan, they had Robson and now they have Souness.

Robson bought far too many British and Irish based players - Milner, Jenas, Dyer, Carr, Given, O'Brien, Bellamy and probably the worst defender in the premiership Titus Bramble!

The existing Newcastle squad is weak and lacks flair and skill... Kluivert and Shearer are fine, but both are over the hill.

The future for Newcastle looks disastrous, with a poor squad and a manager who lacks personal skills and team/player management skills - surely its only a matter of time before a job vacancy is on the horizon in Tyneside.

ReputationRep:
    has done crap at blackburn.........so give him to newcastle!!

ReputationRep:
    theres no logic in getting graeme souness, hes utter pants...
    only reason i can think of is to control players like dyer from gettin out of hand...
    but that alone really isnt a good reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    Do they include VAT?
    yes

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting to prefer rugby union over football

ReputationRep:
    watching - football
    playing - table tennis

ReputationRep:
    Where there is Routledge there is hope :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Akram, Lara, Tendulkar... those are the ones I most looked out for.

But nothing, and I say nothing, was more exciting than seeing Waqar Younis charging in (even if he'd bowled 6 bad overs)... every ball I'd do the old crescendo "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" as he ran in. There was just something about that guy... the first cricketing name I ever heard too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravs)
    hes an extremely hard htting batsman too, possibly more than razzaq

and goodness knows hes a miles better bowler than razzaq is
    YES !!! precisely !!!

ReputationRep:
    hasnt been in as good form for surrey this year as in previous years though, although he knows the conditions as well as any foreigner

ReputationRep:
    said it before and ill say it again
    wasim and ambrose were the two best bowlers i ever saw... BUT the most devastatingly quick bowler i ever saw was waqar, i have never seen a bwoler as fast as waqar was in the 1992-1996 period, nor have i ever seen a bowler totally rip through sides in the matter of a few balls as i did with waqar.
    so waqar was the most devastating bowler, in terms of ripping through sides in no time at all, he was also the best bowler of finishing off the tail i have seen

in 1992, waqar would be bowling at england who would be 200-2, but when the ball got old, the reverse swing came into play and from 200-2 they were 230 all out, it was devastating stuff. english called it cheating cos they were jealous, now darren gough can do it , its called reverse swing.

typical english arrogance towards talented sub continental cricketers.

ReputationRep:
    Was any one at Trent Bridge this week? Is any one going to the Rose Bowl on Saturday to watch India vs. Kenya?

ReputationRep:
    i was at TB for the first game. im not going to the kenya game but i am going to the india vs pak game at birmingham and to the final at the oval

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravs)
    i was at TB for the first game. im not going to the kenya game but i am going to the india vs pak game at birmingham and to the final at the oval
    Fox Stand?

ReputationRep:
    no i was in parr upper, fox rd stand is a bit distractive, i actually like to watch the cricket. all the dhol and stuff is all well and good but a bit stupid when we were getting our arses kicked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravs)
    no i was in parr upper, fox rd stand is a bit distractive, i actually like to watch the cricket. all the dhol and stuff is all well and good but a bit stupid when we were getting our arses kicked
    Too true. I missed most of the match because the morons were getting punished by the stewards :mad:. I had brilliant tickets for the Radcliffe Road end...but "friends" forced me to "swap" them for Fox Stand tickets with a tout. Cost me an extra £10 too. :mad:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.