Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
ravs
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
i aint one of those ppl who likes to fart around, i just like to watch my cricket and concentrate on the game, i guess im more of ur typical english type fan in terms of behaviour as opposed to the indian style supporting.

when we do well though, i go crazy.
ravs
Report 15 years ago
rad road is the best stand at TB, im a notts ccc member and love that stand the most. pavillion is just dead, hound road is alrite.
Recusant
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by dan2004)
flatwater sprint canoeing is by far the best sport. C1 not K1 that is of course
pah, K1 is blatantly better
Anyway, don't you think that whitewater would be that much more exciting?
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Rugby League over anything. But occasionally the odd football match does get me going.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
Rugby League over anything.
It looks strange to watch on TV after watching rugby union
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
It looks strange to watch on TV after watching rugby union
Yes, it does. It's like Rugby without the technical bits and although it can often be very basic one man stuff it more often then not results in an entertaining match.

Play seems to move around the field more quickly then Union and you do get more tries.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yes, it does. It's like Rugby without the technical bits and although it can often be very basic one man stuff it more often then not results in an entertaining match.
It has been entertaining for me, wish our national side played better against Australia last year.

Play seems to move around the field more quickly then Union and you do get more tries.
Yes but I find the 'magnitude' of tried in union greater than in league, I don't know why. Also you don't see too many penalties and drop goals in league, at least, that is what I havee experienced.

I'm surprised they don't teach league in schools because I think it is less physical, or can be played less physical, than union. Handy for lower year groups perhaps.
Prongs_TheGreat
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
when i was 4 or 5 years, i used to lve Akram(i still do)... i was mad... i always used to tell my parents and mybrother that i am gonna write a letter to him, just find his add right now... i was mad..
Simba
Badges: 15
Report 15 years ago
Have any of you guys heard this song? I really like it :cool: !

Edit: Oopsie, sorry, clicked on wrong forum to post this sorry, I mis-clicked, it should be in the Entertainment forum below this! You can ignore this thread hehe, I've moved it !
seafood
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Everdawn)
:rolleyes: Part of the "God Wilko is Hot" club. Lets see exactly who gets the kicks in Newcastle when Matty Burke gets into action.

You gotta be kidding? That's pushing it for patriotism.
seafood
Report 15 years ago
Attached files
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by opal)
Thank goodness Johnny Wilkinson is back. i was beginning to have withdrawl symptoms
Oh woopie ****ing doo. Guess that The Times will run an eight page commemorative special this Sunday.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Everdawn)
:rolleyes: Part of the "God Wilko is Hot" club. Lets see exactly who gets the kicks in Newcastle when Matty Burke gets into action.
Someone can't get over that late drop goal :rolleyes:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oh woopie ****ing doo. Guess that The Times will run an eight page commemorative special this Sunday.
England rugby football league was not of a similar standard to England rugby football union during the autumn internations (2002), the Six Nations (2003) and the RWC. When our national side for rugby league gets better and don't lose to Australia three times on the trot we might get more coverage
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
POLSKA POLSKA POLSKA !
ravs
Report 15 years ago
one of my fav cricketers who rarely gets a mention is vvs laxman, i think hes the most stylish player in the game today when he gest going, he also very frustrating because he throws his wkt away alot, he should be avergaing 50 in test cricket. i do believe that he is the most talented player in the indian side after sachin tendulkar, dravid isnt actually that talented, hes just worked exceedingly hard at his game, sehwag is very talented too.
Syntax
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Flintoff, of course

Chris Gayle.. he's just so chilled out

and Anderson is quite fit

elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by technik)
POLSKA POLSKA POLSKA !
i see n. ireland vs poland has had an effect on you
john williams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
S. Pollock, Shewag, Srinath (who was really underrated) and of course Tendulkar!
ravs
Report 15 years ago
srinath was under rated, not an express bowler but sort of in the vaas mould, got the ball to move about. imran khan said he was the most under rated bowler of the post 1990 era
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads