The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5160
in the 80s we were blessed to see 4 good all rounders in that era, kapil dev, botham, imran and hadlee. undoubtedly the best all rounder out of the lot of them was???? not botham, but IMRAN. imran was by far a better fast bowler than botham, had alot more pace and god knows he swung it much more. as batsmen i rated them about the same, with botham JUST getting the edge, even though imran averaged 37 with the bat and both just 33. with the ball imran averaged 22 and botham 28. and ofcourse as captains there is simply no comparison, imran was the best captain pakistan ever had and was able to unite them like nobody else.

all great all rounders, but imran ruled supreme in that era. and remember he had some very serious career threatening injuries, like stress fractures of the back, he should have taken 500 odd test wickets because for a few years in the 80s he was averaging 6 wickets per game.
Reply 5161
my fav player is Marcus Trescothick.... he's fairly local, and he made his Test debut on the day when I first started watching cricket 4 years ago - he got about 63 that day! I believe that test (3rd Test v WIndies, Old Trafford) was also Atherton and Stewart's 100th test appearance!
Reply 5162
Favourite Cricketer: Imran Khan (just edges over Sachin Tendulkar)
Reply 5163
Akram was a great pak captain too when he got along with waqar that is :rolleyes:
TIMAAAAAAAAAAAY
she had 4 years training and she couldn't even finish the race, not only is she a quitter but she's fucking crap!

Well said man!
Reply 5165
yes it was stewie and athertons 100th test, atherton on his home ground at old trafford. stewart made 100 in that test which was on the same day as the queen mothers 100th birthday, brian lara also made a hundred, test ended in a draw
Team News: James and Smith out - Robinson and Defoe in.
goldenbarnes
Team News: James and Smith out - Robinson and Defoe in.

When is the match?
kingslaw
When is the match?

Half 7 I think.
Reply 5169
what time is the kickoff for the England vs Poland match??
and what channel?
For the marathon, I would say the she was pretty stupid to be honest.She can't complain about the heat (she knew the race was going to be held in Athens for years and Athens is always hot during the summer). As for the state of the track, I don't believe that she would have gone into a race totally unprepared for what was in front of her - that kind of preparation is essential if you want to do well in the marathon. As for the 10k, that was just pathetic.

As for the people saying that I wouldn't be able to do it, well that would be because I am not a profesional athlete! She is and it is her job to finish races. If any of us were not to do our jobs properly, we would get sacked!
Reply 5171
.....after coming down with a 24hr bug.

Doctors are astounded as they previously thought he could not catch anything!

LOL. :biggrin:
theaman

Doctors are astounded as they previously thought he could not catch anything! :biggrin:

was that supposed to be a joke....you got my hopes up for a minute there :frown:

but wait! there still seems to some hope: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/3636704.stm
Reply 5173
mockel
was that supposed to be a joke....you got my hopes up for a minute there :frown:

but wait! there still seems to some hope: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/3636704.stm

Yes it was! :biggrin:

But looking at that link - it means there might be THREE Spurs players playing! :biggrin:
theaman
Yes it was! :biggrin:

But looking at that link - it means there might be THREE Spurs players playing! :biggrin:

bloody hell! what are the odds of that happening!
Reply 5175
mockel
bloody hell! what are the odds of that happening!

LOL - the last time that happened must have been under Hoddle probably.

Campbell, Anderton and Sheringham in the same team together! :biggrin:
theaman

Doctors are astounded as they previously thought he could not catch anything!

LOL. :biggrin:

Hang on, that's not fair. He let his country down and he knows it, there's no need to keep making jokes about it. In fact, he got so depressed the other day he threw himself infront of a bus.

It went under him.
Reply 5177
goldenbarnes
Hang on, that's not fair. He let his country down and he knows it, there's no need to keep making jokes about it. In fact, he got so depressed the other day he threw himself infront of a bus.

It went under him.

Hehe, brilliant. I'll be using that one down the pub tonight.
Wouldn't it be funny if now Robinson makes an idiotic mistake against Poland
Reply 5179
TIMAAAAAAAAAAAY
Wouldn't it be funny if now Robinson makes an idiotic mistake against Poland

No, it wouldn't.

Latest