Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
EPD
Badges: 11
Report 15 years ago
RIP. Just a shame he was never knighted. There was a petition going round only a few weeks ago to get him to become Sir Brian Clough, but it's too late for that now...
Krim
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
A travesty he wasnt ever offered the England job!

Remember the time when fans invaded the pitch and he started kicking and punching anyone that came close to him. This one guy just looked at him and said sorry! Legend. He'll be missed.
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Clough beat up a lot of fans and his own players. it was his style.
Krim
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah, he even smacked Roy Keane.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
There'll be flowers, memorials and all sorts here soon, the town of his birth - a true Boro legend, in every meaning of the word. 222 games - 204 goals. As a player, he was arguably our best ever, and Boro born and raised (and proud).

Our region's finest ever sportsman, and the greatest ever character in football. I signed the petition last week for his knighthood.

"Don't send me flowers when I'm dead. If you like me, send them while I'm alive."

"I want no epitaphs of profound history and all that type of thing. I contributed - I would hope they would say that, and I would hope somebody liked me."

Brian Clough, we all loved you.

RIP.
ravs
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
i was at the game, and pak played better, but it was a close game, it wasnt a pasting. if we had gotten youhana out earlier we would have won or if we had gotten them 4 down alot earlier then we would have won i felt, 230 was a winning score, unfortunate but we have to look forward to the aus series now.

im not saying this because we have lost but i would rather us lose every odi so far and beat the aussies and everybody knows we have a great chance to beat aus
john williams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yeah i was at the game as well, sitting in the Raglan Stand...did anyone else see Sunil Gavaskar and Ritik Roshan, they were in the boxes. All it would have taken for India to win was Ganguly, Shewag or Laxman to have scored an extra 20-30 runs and Pakistan werent exactly amazing or anything. Surely gavaskar has to be dropped now as im sure there is someone in the whole of India who is better then him. Dont forget India were also missing Tendulkar, Khan and Balaji, who if had playd Pakistan would have got hammered. Agarkar did well and played some brilliant shots and the catch by Yuvraj was amazing.....
ravs
Report 15 years ago
i wasw hritik and sunny, i also saw akram, rameez, tony greig, sivaramakrishnan and arun lal in my stand after they had done their commentary.

india needed that 4th wicket early after pak were 28-3 and needed 220, and we would have won i felt
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by john williams)
Pakistan werent exactly amazing or anything.
they delivered the most amazing bowling performance in the ICC trophy as yet , or need i remind you of the over where kaif chickens out and gets knocked over 20 seconds later ?
Surely gavaskar has to be dropped now as im sure there is someone in the whole of India who is better then him.
agreed , he just gets in the team because of his name
Dont forget India were also missing Tendulkar, Khan and Balaji, who if had playd Pakistan would have got hammered. Agarkar did well and played some brilliant shots and the catch by Yuvraj was amazing.....
Khan : an idiot who doesn't know how to nurse his injuries and comes to bowl india out of contention a lot recently ( think jayasuria at the asia cup where he ripped him apart ) and then limps to the crease in his 4th over . i think he lets india down too often . Nehra maybe inexperienced but hes a smart bowler.

Tendulkar : best batsman in the world , but as matty hayden said , he goes for the centuries all too often and slows down proceedings . But his statistics are too great , so i cant diss him too much .

Balaji : not exactly indias best bowler at the moment , only good if the pitch assists him ( and this pitch didnt , ganguly , lawman , sehwag , malik and hameed all got out to stupid shots and not great bowling )

Agarkar : Highly underrated player , i dont know which idiot leads ur selection committee and leaves him out of the team so often and take players like rohan gavaskar ( an idiot who cant bowl , bat or field )
teamvillage
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
There'll be flowers, memorials and all sorts here soon, the town of his birth - a true Boro legend, in every meaning of the word. 222 games - 204 goals. As a player, he was arguably our best ever, and Boro born and raised (and proud).

Our region's finest ever sportsman, and the greatest ever character in football. I signed the petition last week for his knighthood.

"Don't send me flowers when I'm dead. If you like me, send them while I'm alive."

"I want no epitaphs of profound history and all that type of thing. I contributed - I would hope they would say that, and I would hope somebody liked me."

Brian Clough, we all loved you.

RIP.
Was living in Nottingham for the 92-3 season, when it all fell apart for Ol' Big Head; was such a shame it ended that way. A total legend. The 3 year turnaround of 1976-9 will never be repeated in English football, the best manager England never had. RIP
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ravs)
if we had gotten youhana out earlier we would have won or if we had gotten them 4 down alot earlier
and had dravid walked like a gentelman after the nick india wouldnt have made a good score :rolleyes:, i know the situation was very bad for india , but i think walking off should be applauded , it helps cricket as a whole as younger players will do the same when they see ppl like inzi or dravid walking.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/3673824.stm

I didn't think he'd die that soon.

RIP Cloughy.
john williams
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well in a crucial game such as this Dravid should not have walked and i very much doubt ANY pakistani batsmen would have walked.
Euler
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well in a crucial game such as this Dravid should not have walked and i very much doubt ANY pakistani batsmen would have walked.
but its moral practice to do so... :rolleyes:
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

When you're out, you should walk.
ravs
Report 15 years ago
i was at the game and when i got home, a pakistani friend of mine told me tht twice a player nicked it and nobody appealed. once was dravid and once was youhana i think he sed, or some other player

no player in the world will walk if nobody appeals, not even brian lara. if the team appeals then fine, but if nobody appeals a player will not walk.
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

rest in peace mate
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ravs)
i was at the game and when i got home, a pakistani friend of mine told me tht twice a player nicked it and nobody appealed. once was dravid and once was youhana i think he sed, or some other player

no player in the world will walk if nobody appeals, not even brian lara. if the team appeals then fine, but if nobody appeals a player will not walk.
lara always walks , and there was an appeal but only by moin , but youhana never nicked anything yesterday . i saw each ball of that match on Tv , its much easier to find out if theres a nick on tv .
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Did anyone here follow it? I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread on it. Well done to Europe. All players contributed at least a point to the overall score, and there were some outstanding performances, including from Garcia, Westwood, and of course Montie who finished it all off. With brilliant captaining by Langer. So who do you reckon played the biggest part in Europe's Ryder cup win?
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Did anyone here follow it? I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread on it. Well done to Europe. All players contributed at least a point to the overall score, and there were some outstanding performances, including from Garcia, Westwood, and of course Montie who finished it all off. With brilliant captaining by Langer. So who do you reckon played the biggest part in Europe's Ryder cup win?
Without a doubt, the man who played a bigger part than any other person in the history of the competition - Hal Sutton.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (135)
62.79%
No I haven't decided yet (46)
21.4%
Yes but I might change my mind (34)
15.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed