Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Sweyn Forkbeard
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Congrats Europe!

I had some celebratory toast (As in toasted bread, not a champagne toast).
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Will)
Congrats Europe!

I had some celebratory toast (As in toasted bread, not a champagne toast).
Lol!
I reckon that Montie played a big part in winning, but Garcia's attitude was brilliant, and he really fired up himself and the team.
S1M
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ravs)
i wasw hritik
u mean "saw"?

so did i!!! didnt notice those other ppl though... were you in the priory stand too??? did you see that fight towards the end???i nearly got covered in that big tuna/fish tub that was chucked from the box... luckly i shielded myself... but i still got a bit on my trainers and top... (if you werent in the priory stand you wont have a clue what i am talking about )
ravs
Report 15 years ago
yeh i saw that whole throwing thing, didnt the stewards have to be called in?

in reply to infekt, zaheer khan, when he gets it right, is a very very good bowler, he has done well in tests vs aus and nz and in odis he is excellent at the death, i remember the last icc trophy , we played south africa in the semis, the game they should have won with gibbs going great guns, but zaks bowled 9 overs for 27 on a sri lankan wicket, it was great stuff, he bowls a very good yorker

but i agree he is far too injury prone, alot like brett lee.

in general, in odi cricket both india and pakistan are very inconsistent still, even if pak have won the last 3 games, they still lack the killer touch of say an aus team. in test cricket india are becoming more consistent with series wins and test performances, this is why they are a better test team than pakistan
S1M
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ravs)
yeh i saw that whole throwing thing, didnt the stewards have to be called in?
cool... you must have been near me... i was right in the middle of the action... lol... stewards did next to nothing... police did all hard work...
ravs
Report 15 years ago
nah i wasnt in that stand, was in deakins stand which has the big scoreboard behind it, but i saw it all kicking off, im a very alert person, just saw ppl throwing stuff

tuna tub on ppl? u guys must have reeked and stunk really bad!
S1M
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ravs)
tuna tub on ppl? u guys must have reeked and stunk really bad!
i dont know what fish it was (coz im a veggie)... but it did stink... one of my mates got covered in the stuff... lol... luckily he went back in another mate's car...
alkaeda
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol, who gives a toss about golff?? what a lame sport :eek:
Bart Simpson
Report 15 years ago
monty monty
he played class
so did Tigerwoods (ive got his game tigerwoods
pga tour golf 2004 its good)
Adil Bhai
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
C'mon Pakistan, u can win this now. In fact i reckon Pakistan might of beat Auzzies. They have improved drastically.
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
we did?
EPD
Badges: 11
Report 15 years ago
Well, I'm very pleased to say I'm wrong in voting for Australia. Fantastic performance today from the English lads, well done to them.
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Everdawn)
we did?
Whenever we crush Australia, they pretend they didn't care about it
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yes, but then we decided it would be more interesting to beat you in the olympics instead! After all, this massive sports events only occurs every 4 years, unlike yearly cricket games.

Just jokes, well done. The team you were going for obviously played very well indeed (may as well be a good sport about it! Anyway there's always next year to thrash you lot )
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hey there,

just noticed that there was no womens/girls soccer thread on here, so thought I'd make one up!

Anyway, so are there other females here who are 'thestudentroom' members that play footie or soccer/footie fans, particularly women's teams (eg. I'm a big fan of the Matildas, I think they're great)/want to play soccer or whatever you call it in your country (I'm an Aussie, but I realise lots of Brits on here!)?

If so, this is the thread for you. I'm loving the sport, and play it at my uni, so if there's any1 here on this site that is in the same boat too (or has similar interests, or... just likes the sport!), then post away.

Will be glad to hear from you,

Thanks, luv Danni x
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dr. Blazed)
Whenever we crush Australia, they pretend they didn't care about it
well to be fair, we were chasing our 15th consecutive win over you guys. :rolleyes:
ravs
Report 15 years ago
yeah thats true they were after 15/15, but it was a good win by eng, they looked like they were playing alot more professionally and taking it lot more seriously
alkaeda
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
damn tha pakis are out now... becuase they came into the match taking it too lightly... cricket has gotten boring now
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by alkaeda)
damn tha pakis are out now... becuase they came into the match taking it too lightly... cricket has gotten boring now
all im happy about is akhtar bowled with heart . I feel bad for lara though , his head must still be spinning , i really hope hes going to be allright.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I like Football!
But I'm not a woman.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (58)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.84%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise