gonna be a boring final
wanted pak vs eng final
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Everdawn)
well to be fair, we were chasing our 15th consecutive win over you guys. :rolleyes:
Well, we'll be chasing our second consecutive win when we play you next.
infekt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ravs)
gonna be a boring final
wanted pak vs eng final
as did i , oh well , maybe west indies might beat england and get some sort of consolation for the humiliation they faced all summer
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ravs)
gonna be a boring final
wanted pak vs eng final
everyone expected a pakistan australia final , how the underdogs have won

westindies is proving to be a bit like greece at the euro cup , nobody expected them to beat SA or pak , but they did , who knows they might walk away with the trophy . england will fancy their chances though
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
To be fair, Australia have been untouchable for quite a while now. They were bound to slip up eventually.
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
To be fair, Australia have been untouchable for quite a while now. They were bound to slip up eventually.
thye will meet their end one day , look at the poor west indies . In the days of viv richard and michael holding , anyone who said some years down the line they'd be thrashed 7-0 in 8 test matches they would be labelled crazy .
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Don't worry, despite the lack of replies, there are a few girls on this site who like playing and watching football. I love watching football, and support arsenal. But nothing can beat the excitement and thrill of playinf the sport! I play for a uni team as well, and am also hoping to get into the futsal squad to play in the world muslim championships.
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
womens football is cool :cool:
i'm glad bend it like beckham was released as a lot of women have started playing now.

Charlton Athletic womens team is in the top 3. they nearly done the treble last season, then arsenal came along :mad:
sz72
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
As a Chinese, I love our female football team more than the male 1,

It's a shame that the team China is not as good as before,
it was such a hearbraeking moment when I saw they lost to Germany 8-0 in the Athens Olympics. The team Germany are terrific, I think they can beat the male team!

The good thing is female football has developed rapidly as USA is no more the unbeatable (they are still 1 of the best though), more and more countries like Germany, Sweden, Brazil and even North Korea are doing very well.

The bad thing is the female footballers are still treated quite badly, I dont know about other countries but in China, the girls work really hard but get quite low paid compare to the lazy crap male footballers.

By the way I really appreciate this thread and I must say that Sun Wen is my all time football hero!!!
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
womens football is cool :cool:
i'm glad bend it like beckham was released as a lot of women have started playing now.

Charlton Athletic womens team is in the top 3. they nearly done the treble last season, then arsenal came along :mad:
Lol. Arsenal are brilliant. And they were dominating till Fulham came along.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by sz72)
As a Chinese, I love our female football team more than the male 1,

It's a shame that the team China is not as good as before,
it was such a hearbraeking moment when I saw they lost to Germany 8-0 in the Athens Olympics. The team Germany are terrific, I think they can beat the male team!

The good thing is female football has developed rapidly as USA is no more the unbeatable (they are still 1 of the best though), more and more countries like Germany, Sweden, Brazil and even North Korea are doing very well.

The bad thing is the female footballers are still treated quite badly, I dont know about other countries but in China, the girls work really hard but get quite low paid compare to the lazy crap male footballers.

By the way I really appreciate this thread and I must say that Sun Wen is my all time football hero!!!
Whereas in England, men's footie dominates, and we are still no where near the high levels of USA...
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Lol. Arsenal are brilliant. And they were dominating till Fulham came along.
Arsenal were Brilliant till they sold Yankey to Fulham! :eek:
sz72
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well i only saw 2 female football game in England on the telly,
1 was the FA Cup final between Chalton and Arsenal, the other 1 i think is between Chalton and Fulham. First of all I think they surprised me coz the girls played quite well, i remember some names like Rachael Yanky and Fleeting (sp?) I was also surprised that how come these players arent playing in USA's super league?! Anyway in my opinion, for female football, the gap between a "good" team or a "bad" team is very tiny, England isnt bad at all, I wonder why I cant see them in World Cup (the next 1 will be held in China in 2007) and the Olympics.
john williams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
im over the moon that Pakistan got hammered today and was cheering the West Indies all the way!
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Btw, england are hosting the ladies' european championships in 2005.
Oh, and Fleeting was brilliant in the final.
meepmeep
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
After seeing Leeds Rhinos blow away the competition this season and take the league leader's trophy a full 9 points clear of the chasing pack (apart from Saints pre-Long and Gleeson debacle) can any other team beat them?

For anybody who isn't familiar with the rugby league play-offs, the matches go as follows. The top 6 (Leeds, Bradford, Hull, Wigan, Saints and Wakefield) play each other in a kind of knockout competition, with the culmination being a final at Old Trafford on October 16th:

3v6
4v5

Winner of 3v6 plays winner of 4v5
1v2 (winner goes to final)

Loser of 1v2 plays winner of the other match the previous weekend (winner is the other finalist)

Final

Personally, I see Leeds beating Bradford at Headingley with Bradford being the other grand finalist. Hull will need to find their early season form (althouh it's looking difficult with the loses of Horne and King) as I think Wakey will be up for their match and on a bit of a high. I'd expect Wigan to do away with Saints fairly convincingly, but with Bradford just coming into a bit of form, I'd expect them to beat any of those four below them at home. Perhaps I can see Leeds win their first league title for 32 years...

PS. I don't want this to turn into an argument between union and league. If you want to do that, start a different thread.
alkaeda
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
jon im guessin uve been hit on ur head with a cricket bat many times in ur life.

West indies in the final... well this final is gonna be as exitin as horse riding :mad:...

Rav glad to see you finally see who the better team is :cool:
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Sorry guys!

I meant football to you Brits, soccer to Aussies (and I guess, Americans, and other people of different nationalities who prefer to call it soccer).

I apologise for that, that was ignorant of me, I should have realised!

Thanks for replying to this thread, yeah it's great to see more women playing. And Xenon, you are right - far more exiting when you're playing it yourself!

Danni x
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dr. Blazed)
Well, we'll be chasing our second consecutive win when we play you next.
No, you won't.

Yeah sure. Keep dreaming! Lol.

Or I should really say, look at the Olympics scoreboard! (Go Aus!)
ravs
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
alkaeda, what are you on about? just because i was hoping pak would reach the final, that makes me think they are better than india? NO

i just wanted more of a contest in the final, thats all, i know lots of pak fans who have cheered for india in the past when we have played,say, australia, that doesnt mean they think india are a better test team than pak, even though we are. who else has maneged to draw with aus 1-1 in their own backyard and beat them at home in their last two series vs them?

you really have no clue about anything do you? oh dear
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.3%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.26%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed