Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
Whoa now hang on a sec, to be fair to technik he did say that these people put in a hell of a lot of effort.
I think Incomplete did not appreciate technik's second comment in the thread.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I think Incomplete did not appreciate technik's second comment in the thread.
all people need to re-read everything i've said in this thread.
material breach
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
Whoa now hang on a sec, to be fair to technik he did say that these people put in a hell of a lot of effort.
he also said they were alot a lesser verson of the olympics in more colourful language which is totally unacceptable in my opinion, he obviously has a real problem with people with disablities which is totally unjustifed. He seemes to think that the athelets have had a slap in face just because they arent watched. Surely anyone involved in sport realises its for the love of the sport you compete not because you want to be seen.
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
they hardly get any coverage anyway. its on tv for a few hours never in the papers or anything. they deserve their moment of glory
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by technik)
the clown clearly didn't read the quote of me that he used.
mate if you have a problem with people with disablities just say it, is it your afraid of being termed un PC
technik
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Incomplete)
he also said they were alot a lesser verson of the olympics in more colourful language which is totally unacceptable in my opinion, he obviously has a real problem with people with disablities which is totally unjustifed. He seemes to think that the athelets have had a slap in face just because they arent watched. Surely anyone involved in sport realises its for the love of the sport you compete not because you want to be seen.
LOL. where the **** did i say that?
alkaeda
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i think some of u guys REALLY NEED SOME SLEEP NOW!!
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by alkaeda)
i think some of u guys REALLY NEED SOME SLEEP NOW!!
Some of use are in a different time zone to others, perhaps you yourself is within GMT.
technik
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Some of use are in a different time zone to others, perhaps you yourself is within GMT.
I think incomplete might be tired and mistaking/misreading the thread
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
LOL. where the **** did i say that?
when you said this
yea, the kids round here cant stomach someone having a strong opinion. they need to wise up and get real
which in the context of the thread amounts to an agreement with the orginal poster, if you would like to carlify your views please do but up to this point you have hardly disgunisted yourself
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think incomplete might be tired and mistaking/misreading the thread
the thing is i am wondering is how you end up with those red gems of yours
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I like the paralympics, and it's very enjoyable to watch. It'sa nice to see people succeed with so many difficulties. Let them have their glory as well as other able-bodied athletes. The only thing I don't like is the controversy behind some of the classifications or disabilities.
technik
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
the thing is i am wondering is how you end up with those red gems of yours
i like the colour.

also, does the red gem mean you can totally misread a thread to attack said person with red gem and then use it as an excuse for YOUR mistake? thought not.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i like the colour.

also, does the red gem mean you can totally misread a thread to attack said person with red gem and then use it as an excuse for YOUR mistake? thought not.
are you going to actually reply to my point that you agreed with orginal poster?
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Having one hand (don't believe me? see a pic), I've played on 'disabled' football teams but I didn't really like it. Not necessarily because of the standard, but I didn't like to be grouped with other people 'like me' I'd much rather go out with my friends and play like a 'normal' person.

OK for people in wheelchairs and the like it's understandable ... but if I was going to be an athlete I would want to be in the full olympics, especially for something like football. That's one thing I have against some of the paralympics.
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
off topic- but what time zones are people in?

i'm in GMT
alkaeda
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The only thing I don't like is the controversy behind some of the classifications or disabilities.
also part of the reason i dont like paralympics... i mean are some of them actually disabled in any major way?
and ye they do work hard which is obvious with every sports athlete..
...come on guys u can at least admit winning a gold medal in paralympics is like coming 4th in the final of the olympics... no one really cares (unless at te end of the games your country leads the medal charts)
technik
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
are you going to actually reply to my point that you agreed with orginal poster?
ok, as it seems impossible for you to understand i'll quote myself :

"the stadiums are totally empty and the coverage is poor. bit of a slap in the face of disabled athletes who probably have to put in far more effort that able bodied people"

stadiums empty, coverage poor. this is a fact im sure you'll agree?

bit of a slap in the face of disabled athletes who probably have to put in far more effort that able bodied people - shows i actually disagree with the original poster. if you READ it, it says clearly that i think the poor TV coverage and people supporting it in the stadiums is a slur against the athletes.

for goodness sake, is that hard to read a post?
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ok, as it seems impossible for you to understand i'll quote myself :

"the stadiums are totally empty and the coverage is poor. bit of a slap in the face of disabled athletes who probably have to put in far more effort that able bodied people"

stadiums empty, coverage poor. this is a fact im sure you'll agree?

bit of a slap in the face of disabled athletes who probably have to put in far more effort that able bodied people - shows i actually disagree with the original poster. if you READ it, it says clearly that i think the poor TV coverage and people supporting it in the stadiums is a slur against the athletes.

for goodness sake, is that hard to read a post?
what you said in your first comment, the one i refered to in the post you are quoting me, you expressed quite different seminents. And how is it a slur against the atheletes? Do you think the atheletes need to get the picture sent all over the world to achieve personnal gratification?
technik
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
what you said in your first comment, the one i refered to in the post you are quoting me, you expressed quite different seminents. And how is it a slur against the atheletes? Do you think the atheletes need to get the picture sent all over the world to achieve personnal gratification?
where are these different sentiments? is it because i stood up for the original posters right to express his/her opinion, regardless of what anyone thought of it?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads