Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
material breach
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by technik)
where are these different sentiments? is it because i stood up for the original posters right to express his/her opinion, regardless of what anyone thought of it?
stood up for? agreed with it more like, you suggested that NDGAARONDI's comments were false and that the original poster should be allowed to express comments that were derogartry and downgrading. If you cannot appreciate they were this then you are again putting you self in a position of agreement with the orginal poster.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
also, read number 9...where i reply to NGAAR. pay special attention to the last few lines.

and in future, READ everything before you launch a misdirected attack.

k thx!
technik
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Incomplete)
stood up for? agreed with it more like, you suggested that NDGAARONDI's comments were false and that the original poster should be allowed to express comments that were derogartry and downgrading. If you cannot appreciate they were this then you are again putting you self in a position of agreement with the orginal poster.
heres what i said :

second, its true that people get "shot down" as you put it. why? cos some liberal 15 yr olds that seem to run this place can't accept anything slightly extreme. like you, i probably dont agree with original posters view, but he/she is allowed to express it

see? i said i dont agree with it, which i thought was obvious. clearly it wasnt for you. i do however believe the OP can say whatever the hell they like, even if you and I dont like it much
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
also, read number 9...where i reply to NGAAR. pay special attention to the last few lines.

and in future, READ everything before you launch a misdirected attack.

k thx!
you think that someone should be allowed to state things that are degrogatory and false in public. Wow bring on the KKK. Mate if you thougth about what you were writing before you attacked other people you might be in a better postion. Good to see you have a nasty habit to reach for the neg rep when you disagree.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
heres what i said :

second, its true that people get "shot down" as you put it. why? cos some liberal 15 yr olds that seem to run this place can't accept anything slightly extreme. like you, i probably dont agree with original posters view, but he/she is allowed to express it

see? i said i dont agree with it, which i thought was obvious. clearly it wasnt for you. i do however believe the OP can say whatever the hell they like, even if you and I dont like it much
And i fundamentally disagree with that if you havent worked out yet.
teamvillage
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The paralympics are hugely important and it is good for the world to see that the disabled are hugely talented people, as i know of many people who cannot see beyond a wheelchair. However I have 2 issues with it.

1.) Surely it is undeniable that winning a paralympic gold is much less of an achievement than an olympic gold, just because the olymipics are open to everyone, whereas the paralympics be definition are open to a very select group of people.

2.) The idea (and i quote) that the classifications are decided "by ability, not by disability" seems simply absurd to me. Is there a 100m in the olympics for slow people?
technik
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Incomplete)
you think that someone should be allowed to state things that are degrogatory and false in public. Wow bring on the KKK. Mate if you thougth about what you were writing before you attacked other people you might be in a better postion. Good to see you have a nasty habit to reach for the neg rep when you disagree.
Its fair enough if you dont believe a person can say what they want. I think anyone should be able to have a view, regardless of what you or I think about it ourselves.

If someone came in here with racist views then thats fair enough. They can have those views and express them. I may disagree with them strongly depending on the issue but I wont stop them from saying what they want. If i were to stop them i'd become a fascist. Hitler was one of them as im sure you know.

With regards the original post, I voted for the second option in the poll about watching on occasion. I said in my first reply that I was disappointed by the TV coverage and that I think its unfair and "slap in the face" to disabled athletes who seem to be getting less coverage than able bodied athletes for the same feats and accomplishments.

If you cant see that, then im sorry.
[email protected]
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
heres what i said :

Yes. And if someone is allowed to express their view, then the whole point of this being a FORUM is for other people to have the right to challenge that view. If I say something, it would be pointless unless someone else challenged it.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hmm swimming events, people with different no.of limbs are competing...slightly unfair?
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
hmm swimming events, people with different no.of limbs are competing...slightly unfair?
yeah, at first i thought they had to have the same/similar disablilities, but they obviously can't do that since you'll end up with multiple categories for each event....so that is surely unfair
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
anyone hear about that basketball team that won the gold in 2000 but wernt really disabled.
losers.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
anyone hear about that basketball team that won the gold in 2000 but wernt really disabled.
losers.
whaaa? no- how did they get away with that?
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
yeah, at first i thought they had to have the same/similar disablilities, but they obviously can't do that since you'll end up with multiple categories for each event....so that is surely unfair

utterly unfair.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Very unusual considerig hs normal record. Instead of gettingus off to a flier, he's losing very easily, and I don't think that he will be able to do a US Open, and come back. Notnow he's 2 sets and a break down. have a bad feeling that we mght lose ths tie with Austria.
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Jesus Christ, he's playing absolutely appallingly.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dr. Blazed)
Jesus Christ, he's playing absolutely appallingly.
Why does he have to do that on such an important match? He played so well in the US Open as well. :mad:
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yeah, it's really frustrating! you know he could beat this guy pretty easily (as we've seen from some points), but he's making so many unforced errors
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
whaaa? no- how did they get away with that?
i dont know, i think they just got certificates to show they were disabled.

10 of the 12 were not!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/1080213.stm

they had to give their medals back though
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
i dont know, i think they just got certificates to show they were disabled.

10 of the 12 were not!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/1080213.stm

they had to give their medals back though
well, that's good then....feel kinda sorry for the 2 that were disabled cos they were on the winning team- then again, they might not have been if their team mates were also disabled
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well, that's good then....feel kinda sorry for the 2 that were disabled cos they were on the winning team- then again, they might not have been if their team mates were also disabled
true, but if they knew their team mates werent really disabled, than they are just as bad.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (24)
6.92%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.51%
I don't think they'd understand (53)
15.27%
It might lead to more bullying (133)
38.33%
There's nothing they could do (104)
29.97%

Watched Threads