(Original post by alkaeda)
the worst major side in the competition won
probably- but they deserved to win....they played the best cricket
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oh well, Tim's properly messing up again. I bet that Alex Bogdanovic and Andrew Murray would have at least done better than him. I mean, Tim's just lost the first set 0:6. One of the younger players could have easily done better than him. Now we've lost it. I wish they had fielded in the new blood instead of Tim.
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Oh well, Tim's properly messing up again. I bet that Alex Bogdanovic and Andrew Murray would have at least done better than him. I mean, Tim's just lost the first set 0:6. One of the younger players could have easily done better than him. Now we've lost it. I wish they had fielded in the new blood instead of Tim.
lol, i just came upstaris to post this.....what the hell is going on!! and after an embarassing final set in the doubles, GB seem to have totally blown it! :mad:
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
gotta give some credit to henman, he's just won the second set 6-2, and is now playing the kind of tennis we've seen him play this year
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
gotta give some credit to henman, he's just won the second set 6-2, and is now playing the kind of tennis we've seen him play this year
Good!
Oh dear, if he wins, then it might come down to alex bogdanovic or Andrew Murray. That will be really nerve-wracking for the both. Oh why couldn't Tim play well before and win his last match? Then the last player could've played with no pressure.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
So...we are down to four.

Leeds
Bradford
Wigan
Wakey

For me it is still either Bradford or Wigan to beat Leeds in the GF.
meepmeep
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Argh. Why did both Wakefield and Wigan have to win? Now I have to dash down to Cambridge on the Sunday morning... Shall be interesting to see how Bradford fare against Leeds next Saturday. I don't think we'll get beat at Headingley again this season and I'd think Wigan are a bigger threat, simply because we haven't beaten them away form home this year (a draw and a close loss at the JJB). Bradford I think we have the measure of though and if we met them in the final I wouldn't be surprised to see a 5 from 5 result.
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I was at the Hull game and was shocked at how badly we played.

Only time we looked like scoring was when Wakefield had peeople in the sin bin.

Wigan to beat Wakey then lose to Leeds / Bradford.

Leeds V Bradford final.
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Start of 84th minute Forest 0 - 1 West Ham.

End of match Forest 2 - 1 West Ham.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
Start of 84th minute Forest 0 - 1 West Ham.

End of match Forest 2 - 1 West Ham.
When?
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
This afternoon (1pm kick-off).

Marlon King scored Forest's winner right at the death.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 85ah11)
This afternoon (1pm kick-off).

Marlon King scored Forest's winner right at the death.
Excellent. I still remember the joke about West Ham :cool:
Bart Simpson
Report 15 years ago
west indies
england beat them lots of times
wot happened then
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
oh well....henman fought back well and won his game, but to no avail, as rusedski went down in straight sets.
kinda strange decision for him to play though, since he was struggling to get any real power on his shots in the doubles this morning....maybe bogdanovic/murray could have put up a better fight
Christophicus
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bilal786)
Face it people - Tim Henman ain't gonna ever win anything!

He's so so sooo overated, it's unbelievable!
Yes quite true. How long's he been playing 10 years. You'd think with that amount of practice he'd be able to win a grand slam. He hasn't ever got to a final of wimbledon (correct me if I'm wrong). We need some new talent. That scottish guy who won the U.S junior open looks fantastic.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
oh well....henman fought back well and won his game, but to no avail, as rusedski went down in straight sets.
kinda strange decision for him to play though, since he was struggling to get any real power on his shots in the doubles this morning....maybe bogdanovic/murray could have put up a better fight
Same here. I though that epecially with Rusedski's blisters, they'd let one of the younger guys take the reins. Rusedski said that they need the younger guys to come through so that the older 2 don't have all the work to do. They could have done that, but they chose not to.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...up/3023691.stm

Try it and find out :cool:

No idea if this has been posted before.
kikzen
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Michael Owen
You act like butter wouldn't melt, but you've sure got a soft spot for the gee-gees... just like Owen. Single-handedly won the Cup for Liverpool in 2001 and a very nice young man to boot. Sweet.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I am Trevor Brooking.

You sure live life to the max - maximum safety that is. Trevor Brooking never put a foot wrong on the football field... he wouldn't dare be so impolite. Even he was surprised with the cheekiness of his headed winner for West Ham in the 1980 final.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
They have Eric Cantona as an option too.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.01%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.43%
I don't think they'd understand (56)
15.09%
It might lead to more bullying (145)
39.08%
There's nothing they could do (109)
29.38%

Watched Threads