Teddy Sheringham
Why ?
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Widowmaker)
Yes quite true. How long's he been playing 10 years. You'd think with that amount of practice he'd be able to win a grand slam. He hasn't ever got to a final of wimbledon (correct me if I'm wrong). We need some new talent. That scottish guy who won the U.S junior open looks fantastic.
he hasn't actually got to the final of any grand slam- but before we criticise him, what proportion of the players out there do manage to achieve that feat, let alone win one?
and i haven't seen the scot yet, but i've been hearing good things about him in the media
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Same here. I though that epecially with Rusedski's blisters, they'd let one of the younger guys take the reins. Rusedski said that they need the younger guys to come through so that the older 2 don't have all the work to do. They could have done that, but they chose not to.
yeah, well i think rusedski really wanted to play- you know, be the hero or something (but that's no excuse)
and are GB one of the very few teams (if not the only team) to only use two players throughout the course of the five matches?!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ian Wright :cool:
Like Wrighty, you've got your sunny side, but when you snap, everyone knows about it. He was the flair man on target for Crystal Palace and Arsenal in FA Cup finals during the 90s... smiling and snarling whenever the mood took him.

very happy with that- probably my favourite player, ever!....even been to his house
mobb_theprequel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Which ones do you think are the best? It can only be between Nike or Adidas btw.

Pictures and poll to follow (and yes, I am that bored - thankfully it's Monday tomorrow!).

Adidas F50
- As worn by Cole & Crespo.

Adidas Predator TRX
- As worn by Beckham.

Nike Mercurial Vapor
- As word by C. Ronaldo and Ronaldo.

Nike Total 90 III
- As worn by Figo.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Mark Hughes

You won't be pushed around, but otherwise you're the strong but silent type. Mark Hughes was the epitome of that in his playing days. A man of few words, but plenty of important FA Cup goals for Manchester United.
BloodyValentine
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Teddy Sheringham
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Mark Hughes

You won't be pushed around, but otherwise you're the strong but silent type. Mark Hughes was the epitome of that in his playing days. A man of few words, but plenty of important FA Cup goals for Manchester United.
Same here, but I would have preferred to be Ian Wright or someone like that.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
yeah, well i think rusedski really wanted to play- you know, be the hero or something (but that's no excuse)
and are GB one of the very few teams (if not the only team) to only use two players throughout the course of the five matches?!
Probably.
People like Bogdanivic and Murray have really got to announce themselves. I'm not 100% sure if Alex can get up to about the same stage as Rusedski or Tim, though I hope he will. Murray seems like a good shout though.
shiny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Slow surface. Always tough for a serve and volley player. Henman is also probably mentally knackered from the run at Flushing Meadows.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Same here, but I would have preferred to be Ian Wright or someone like that.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Probably.
People like Bogdanivic and Murray have really got to announce themselves. I'm not 100% sure if Alex can get up to about the same stage as Rusedski or Tim, though I hope he will. Murray seems like a good shout though.
they were also talking about how bogdanovic gets really nervous when on the big stage- hopefully, he will have the chance to perform (and succeed) in a big match, which will do him a world of good
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
they were also talking about how bogdanovic gets really nervous when on the big stage- hopefully, he will have the chance to perform (and succeed) in a big match, which will do him a world of good
He needs to win one of those tight games which he always seems to lose in the big tournaments. To be honest, he can beat those who he lost against, like in the US Open, but it was a tight game, and he needs to control his nerves.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by shiny)
Slow surface. Always tough for a serve and volley player. Henman is also probably mentally knackered from the run at Flushing Meadows.
that's got me thinking- how do they choose who plays at home in davis cup ties?....i remember hearing that if france won their match against spain, then they would have to go to Flushing Meadows to face the US in the final, whereas if spain won (which they did), then the US would face an away trip- how do they decide?
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
He needs to win one of those tight games which he always seems to lose in the big tournaments. To be honest, he can beat those who he lost against, like in the US Open, but it was a tight game, and he needs to control his nerves.
most definitely
teamvillage
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Apparently I'm being punished in this life for formerly being Glenn Hoddle!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (154)
59.46%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.17%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed