The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6160
12th. He hit Klien early on, then got stuck behind Villeneuve who had the same strategy as him and was the main reason why he didn't get into a points-scoring position. Then to cap it off he had a puncture. I read of rumours of a "bust-up" with some of the Ferrari team earlier that week, but I think it's a case of no longer having to fight for the championships. Funny, most drivers tend to do worse when they're under pressure... :rolleyes:
Reply 6161
The question im asking where does consistency come from? And why liverpool playing so bad even though they have a good manager and resonably good players?
because they will never, EVER be a world-class football team, muhahah
Reply 6163
who do you follow?

And how would you define 'World Class'?

Liverpool have potential, i can see that.
karan
who do you follow?

And how would you define 'World Class'?

Liverpool have potential, i can see that.

World Class can be perhaps defined by saying a team who can easily play against and beat the best teams (i.e teams in the semis of the CL) in Europe consistently. Think Real Madrid a few seasons ago..

Liverpool haven't got potential.. Houllier spent £110m during 3/4 years and look where that got you.. you've gone backwards.. you aren't getting bought by anyone, you've got no investments lined up, and your 14m pounds striker is a flop.. enough said.

Now, I wil not claim that my team (see sig) is world class, but if you are looking for potential, i'd say we have the most potential in the premier league..

:smile:
karan
The question im asking where does consistency come from? And why liverpool playing so bad even though they have a good manager and resonably good players?

thats what they said about 4 or 5 years ago a couple of years before the 2001 triumph, and to be honest nothing has changed and as a liverpool supporter i can only expect worse to come as another much talented player in the form of Gerard leaves at the end of the season, i cant see anything other than a highest possible 4th place finish
KerChing
thats what they said about 4 or 5 years ago .......... and to be honest nothing has changed................. i can only expect worse to come ....................... i cant see anything other than a highest possible 4th place finish

hey, that's what I was thinking!
Reply 6167
KerChing
thats what they said about 4 or 5 years ago a couple of years before the 2001 triumph, and to be honest nothing has changed and as a liverpool supporter i can only expect worse to come as another much talented player in the form of Gerard leaves at the end of the season, i cant see anything other than a highest possible 4th place finish

if liverpool wanted money, they get money its as simple as, they've got plenty of wealthy supporters whoare making offers. the reason why its not happening now is because Benitez has not said to Rick parry 'i want a 30million striker'.

What happened to Chelsea.

they were goin nowhere as soon as the money came in, results came in. I think that an invest will be likely if liverpool flop this season.
Reply 6168
KerChing

But Gerrad Houlier was a crap manager!
karan
if liverpool wanted money, they get money its as simple as, they've got plenty of wealthy supporters whoare making offers. the reason why its not happening now is because Benitez has not said to Rick parry 'i want a 30million striker'.

What happened to Chelsea.

they were goin nowhere as soon as the money came in, results came in. I think that an invest will be likely if liverpool flop this season.

When* Liverpool flop this season nobody will want to invest in them..

My money is going on other teams such as Bolton or Everton to have a better chance of attracting investment.. that Thai fella soon buggered off..
Reply 6170
Danyul
When* Liverpool flop this season nobody will want to invest in them..

My money is going on other teams such as Bolton or Everton to have a better chance of attracting investment.. that Thai fella soon buggered off..

thats because they didnt need the money.
Reply 6171
i would consider a flop to be 4th place.

dont tell me you think that everton and bolton are gonna finish ahead of liverpool.
karan
thats because they didnt need the money.

no, no no no.

I think Liverpool just have an inability to sign good quality players..

Diouf/Diao/Cisse/Kewell/Diomede/Dudek/Westerveld etc.. the list goes on..
karan
i would consider a flop to be 4th place.

dont tell me you think that everton and bolton are gonna finish ahead of liverpool.

The way things are going, yes, I think they could. However, i'm not expecting them to..
Reply 6174
Liverpool are the most inconsistent team in the world. they could play a team (use Bolton as an example) one week and win 3-0 then play them the week later with the same squad and lose 2-0.
Reply 6175
Danyul
The way things are going, yes, I think they could. However, i'm not expecting them to..

fair enough your entitled to your opinion, but i know that liverpool will always remain a big club and attract good players because of their history.
Reply 6176
apart from a better manager and slightly better players wat has arsenal got that liverpool havent?
karan
fair enough your entitled to your opinion, but i know that liverpool will always remain a big club and attract good players because of their history.

Liverpool are a big club, always will be.. but I honestly can't see them getting anywhere anytime soon..
karan
apart from a better manager and slightly better players wat has arsenal got that liverpool havent?

Thats a bit of a stupid thing to say...they don't need anything else....
Reply 6179
karan

- much better players in every position (except keeper)
- good team spirit
- confidence of winning
- 46 match undefeted streak
- 19 points in the premiership
- the pressure of regaining the premiership
- a new stadium in progress
- better staff that have been together for longer
- most players that can communicate in english

Latest