Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Nicholas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
12th. He hit Klien early on, then got stuck behind Villeneuve who had the same strategy as him and was the main reason why he didn't get into a points-scoring position. Then to cap it off he had a puncture. I read of rumours of a "bust-up" with some of the Ferrari team earlier that week, but I think it's a case of no longer having to fight for the championships. Funny, most drivers tend to do worse when they're under pressure... :rolleyes:
karan
Report 15 years ago
The question im asking where does consistency come from? And why liverpool playing so bad even though they have a good manager and resonably good players?
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
because they will never, EVER be a world-class football team, muhahah
karan
Report 15 years ago
who do you follow?

And how would you define 'World Class'?

Liverpool have potential, i can see that.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by karan)
who do you follow?

And how would you define 'World Class'?

Liverpool have potential, i can see that.
World Class can be perhaps defined by saying a team who can easily play against and beat the best teams (i.e teams in the semis of the CL) in Europe consistently. Think Real Madrid a few seasons ago..

Liverpool haven't got potential.. Houllier spent £110m during 3/4 years and look where that got you.. you've gone backwards.. you aren't getting bought by anyone, you've got no investments lined up, and your 14m pounds striker is a flop.. enough said.

Now, I wil not claim that my team (see sig) is world class, but if you are looking for potential, i'd say we have the most potential in the premier league..

KerChing
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by karan)
The question im asking where does consistency come from? And why liverpool playing so bad even though they have a good manager and resonably good players?
thats what they said about 4 or 5 years ago a couple of years before the 2001 triumph, and to be honest nothing has changed and as a liverpool supporter i can only expect worse to come as another much talented player in the form of Gerard leaves at the end of the season, i cant see anything other than a highest possible 4th place finish
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by KerChing)
thats what they said about 4 or 5 years ago .......... and to be honest nothing has changed................. i can only expect worse to come ....................... i cant see anything other than a highest possible 4th place finish
hey, that's what I was thinking!
karan
Report 15 years ago
thats what they said about 4 or 5 years ago a couple of years before the 2001 triumph, and to be honest nothing has changed and as a liverpool supporter i can only expect worse to come as another much talented player in the form of Gerard leaves at the end of the season, i cant see anything other than a highest possible 4th place finish

if liverpool wanted money, they get money its as simple as, they've got plenty of wealthy supporters whoare making offers. the reason why its not happening now is because Benitez has not said to Rick parry 'i want a 30million striker'.

What happened to Chelsea.

they were goin nowhere as soon as the money came in, results came in. I think that an invest will be likely if liverpool flop this season.
karan
Report 15 years ago
But Gerrad Houlier was a crap manager!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by karan)
if liverpool wanted money, they get money its as simple as, they've got plenty of wealthy supporters whoare making offers. the reason why its not happening now is because Benitez has not said to Rick parry 'i want a 30million striker'.

What happened to Chelsea.

they were goin nowhere as soon as the money came in, results came in. I think that an invest will be likely if liverpool flop this season.
When* Liverpool flop this season nobody will want to invest in them..

My money is going on other teams such as Bolton or Everton to have a better chance of attracting investment.. that Thai fella soon buggered off..
karan
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Danyul)
When* Liverpool flop this season nobody will want to invest in them..

My money is going on other teams such as Bolton or Everton to have a better chance of attracting investment.. that Thai fella soon buggered off..
thats because they didnt need the money.
karan
Report 15 years ago
i would consider a flop to be 4th place.

dont tell me you think that everton and bolton are gonna finish ahead of liverpool.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by karan)
thats because they didnt need the money.
no, no no no.

I think Liverpool just have an inability to sign good quality players..

Diouf/Diao/Cisse/Kewell/Diomede/Dudek/Westerveld etc.. the list goes on..
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by karan)
i would consider a flop to be 4th place.

dont tell me you think that everton and bolton are gonna finish ahead of liverpool.
The way things are going, yes, I think they could. However, i'm not expecting them to..
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Liverpool are the most inconsistent team in the world. they could play a team (use Bolton as an example) one week and win 3-0 then play them the week later with the same squad and lose 2-0.
karan
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Danyul)
The way things are going, yes, I think they could. However, i'm not expecting them to..
fair enough your entitled to your opinion, but i know that liverpool will always remain a big club and attract good players because of their history.
karan
Report 15 years ago
apart from a better manager and slightly better players wat has arsenal got that liverpool havent?
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by karan)
fair enough your entitled to your opinion, but i know that liverpool will always remain a big club and attract good players because of their history.
Liverpool are a big club, always will be.. but I honestly can't see them getting anywhere anytime soon..
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by karan)
apart from a better manager and slightly better players wat has arsenal got that liverpool havent?
Thats a bit of a stupid thing to say...they don't need anything else....
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by karan)
- much better players in every position (except keeper)
- good team spirit
- confidence of winning
- 46 match undefeted streak
- 19 points in the premiership
- the pressure of regaining the premiership
- a new stadium in progress
- better staff that have been together for longer
- most players that can communicate in english
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
3.92%
They might tell the bully (5)
9.8%
I don't think they'd understand (9)
17.65%
It might lead to more bullying (18)
35.29%
There's nothing they could do (17)
33.33%

Watched Threads

Latest