Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Fade_To_Black_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by swafeman)
agreed, whats with newcastle ? there ****e they cudnt afford him firstly, as there so crap

secondly, they might as well quit while there ahead

HEY!!!! Newcastle are ****e are they? don't think so! Newcastle could afford him if they wanted to. Its Just Man utd are a bigger club. But still he won't play every game. Smith, Van Nistelrooy, Saha, Solskjaer and now Rooney?! Theres going to be some unhappy players with the squad rotation! By the way Man Utd Won't win the league or Champions league this year. :mad:
david_brent
Report 15 years ago
actually, newcastle's midfield has been bolstered by some good signings including nicky butt and james milner. lee bowyer's found some form for them and bellamy's played on the wing a couple of times and looked very impressive. i think they would have given rooney decent service - he's becoming the sort of player who can get goals wherever he is. admittedly, one doesn't sniff at the likes of giggs and ronaldo as providers, but the reds' midfield looks patchy from the centre and certainly no better than newcastle's with scholes and keane often unfit. still, in terms of profile rooney made the right choice - the champs league being the perfect stage for him to showcase his talent.
ChemistBoy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Fade_To_Black_)
But still he won't play every game. Smith, Van Nistelrooy, Saha, Solskjaer and now Rooney?! Theres going to be some unhappy players with the squad rotation!
Fact of life at a big club, to be fair with the amount of games played it makes sense to have that many top class strikers.

By the way Man Utd Won't win the league or Champions league this year. :mad:
Been looking into your crystal ball have you?
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by thegoose)
really is not world class
He really is. He's just be unfortunate with injuries.
Fade_To_Black_
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Come on the Toon!!! Anyone here like the Toon?
TMCRSUH
Report 15 years ago
Rnagers and Celtic, and Aberdeen, and Hearts, and Hibs reserves should have teams placed in the Scottish lower leagues so that they can develop younger players in the lower leagues. At present due to the competition they can't put so many young players in the team. So by putting in under 26 teams they could develop thir younger players in competitive leagues, rather than the reserve leagues which are just training matches. Obviously ban the teams from promotion to the premier, and promote the top non reserve side to the league. .
vavavoom86
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
me.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
vavavoom86
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
yo boro fan, you do know where europe is dont you? and you need your passport by the way. im just trying to help...
DFL
Report 15 years ago
sport ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spôrt, sprt)
n.

1. Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.
2. A particular form of this activity.
2. An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.
3. An active pastime; recreation.

hob·by1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hb)
n. pl. hob·bies

An activity or interest pursued outside one's regular occupation and engaged in primarily for pleasure.
Lee2
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mackie)
Football is accepted worldwide as a sport, but what makes it different to a hobby such as walking, or sailing, or even chess?
Well you could call playing football a hobby, but walking and sailing are official sports (they do walking races at some athletics events i think and sailing races at the olymics) but chess is not a sport because it doesnt involve vigorous physical activity, I cant think of any sports that don't, so i would say that to be classed as a sport it needs to be some sort of physical activity and have some kind of official standing.
Lee2
Report 15 years ago
I have seen people Brunel Uni in middlsex playing ultimate frisbee but im only in 6th form so i dont know if they compete or not, however they were in kit so i suppose so.
EPD
Report 15 years ago
Just signed up for Bristol's today.
enigmatic
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Goldenbarnes, look at that...Reality.

Come on the Toon!!!!
Attached files
enigmatic
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What do Newcastle have to do with it?
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by enigmatic)
What do Newcastle have to do with it?
Presumably it's the closest English team to Scotland who are in the EPL.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by enigmatic)
Goldenbarnes, look at that...Reality.

For you
Krim
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Are you trying to say winning the carling cup makes you bigger or better than Newcastle?

League finishes and european experience are a bigger measure. Just look at some of the teams that have won that mickey mouse trophy in the past. Doesnt mean much. No-one takes it seriously in the premiership.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Krim)
Are you trying to say winning the carling cup makes you bigger or better than Newcastle?

League finishes and european experience are a bigger measure. Just look at some of the teams that have won that mickey mouse trophy in the past. Doesnt mean much. No-one takes it seriously in the premiership.
I know. So?
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Further details to follow.......
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (10)
6.49%
They might tell the bully (16)
10.39%
I don't think they'd understand (28)
18.18%
It might lead to more bullying (57)
37.01%
There's nothing they could do (43)
27.92%

Watched Threads