Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It's all bug Bernie's fault. What a complete and utter tool he is.
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
*sigh* tis a shame
but it really doesn't deserve to be there now
technik
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
not really a suprise. it has nothing on some of the new tracks looking for space.

silverstone or shanghai. shanghai i think...
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by technik)
not really a suprise. it has nothing on some of the new tracks looking for space.

exactly.
tkfmbp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by technik)

first sensible thing you've said in a while
technik
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by tkfmbp)
first sensible thing you've said in a while
you'll see the clarity one day
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I feel sorry for him. If I were him, I'd get a move elsewhere ASAP. He's missing up his career by staying at real, where he won't even get a chance to break into the 1st team. If it continues like this, his england career will be seriously messed up.
His move has got to be one of the worst choices ever. What's the earliest you can change clubs reallistically after just joining a club? He needs to play regularly!
james101
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
but what club would he go to? he can't go back to liverpool. never will join united, doubtful arsenal and newcastle. Looks like he may never play in the premiership again.

Interesting, i would give him a chance at real madrid though.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
what's worse is Real don't have a reserve team so the only time he gets to play is when he comes off the bench (usually only for the last 5-10 mins)....i really feel for the guy
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
what's worse is Real don't have a reserve team so the only time he gets to play is when he comes off the bench (usually only for the last 5-10 mins)....i really feel for the guy
Same. I mean, what can he do? Whatever he does, I'm not sure how much of a dent he will make in the Real team. I have a feeling tthat the new coach doesn't really like him or something. Something has to be wrong. We can give him all the chances in the world, but if the coach doesn't give him a chance, he's screwed.
Maybe he can move to an italian team or aomething. To be honest, Owen would have been better off in liverpool, when at least he would have got the chance to shine in the champions league. At Real, he's just warming the bench.
Owen must be sooooooo frustrated just now. I mean, what can he do?
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Depends on his contract as to how early he can move I would guess. If its really going that badly wouldn't he be better off wangling a loan move somewhere (e.g. another Spanish club) til the end of the season? Playing regular first team football anywhere has got to be better than where he's at now.
I agree. I reckon that if Owen's dropped for the next england game, then Owen must seriously consider getting himself a loan latest in january, preferably earlier. I really hope that he manages to overcome this. He doesn't deserve all that. He deserves a chance. I'd hate to see his talent squandered, and his career ruined, because of this one pointless move.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Same. I mean, what can he do? Whatever he does, I'm not sure how much of a dent he will make in the Real team. I have a feeling tthat the new coach doesn't really like him or something. Something has to be wrong. We can give him all the chances in the world, but if the coach doesn't give him a chance, he's screwed.
Maybe he can move to an italian team or aomething. To be honest, Owen would have been better off in liverpool, when at least he would have got the chance to shine in the champions league. At Real, he's just warming the bench.
Owen must be sooooooo frustrated just now. I mean, what can he do?
i think something will be sorted out in the january transfer window if this keeps up.....it's a shame that as soon as he gets his first start the coach gets sacked
having said that, if he had been able to make more of the two or three chances that came his way on his first couple of appearences, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I agree. I reckon that if Owen's dropped for the next england game, then Owen must seriously consider getting himself a loan latest in january, preferably earlier. I really hope that he manages to overcome this. He doesn't deserve all that. He deserves a chance. I'd hate to see his talent squandered, and his career ruined, because of this one pointless move.
it's gonna be difficult for sven to continue picking him as well, what with defoe and rooney doing 'quite' well
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i think something will be sorted out in the january transfer window if this keeps up.....it's a shame that as soon as he gets his first start the coach gets sacked
having said that, if he had been able to make more of the two or three chances that came his way on his first couple of appearences, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now
January = Everton on loan (being a fan n all)

You heard it here first.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm not so sure about that. I mean, it might have helped his chances, but the way this new coach is barely barely using him, I don't still reckon he would have got another start.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
it's gonna be difficult for sven to continue picking him as well, what with defoe and rooney doing 'quite' well
If those 2 play, I have a feeling that Owen secretly will be wishing for defoe to do bad. The only way Owen will give himself a chance is by getting himself a loan move ASAP.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I feel sorry for him. If I were him, I'd get a move elsewhere ASAP. He's missing up his career by staying at real, where he won't even get a chance to break into the 1st team. If it continues like this, his england career will be seriously messed up.
His move has got to be one of the worst choices ever. What's the earliest you can change clubs reallistically after just joining a club? He needs to play regularly!
I'm heart-broken for him :rolleyes:

This wouldn't be happening if he stayed with us! (Don't mind me, I'm just bitter)
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I'm not so sure about that. I mean, it might have helped his chances, but the way this new coach is barely barely using him, I don't still reckon he would have got another start.
hmmm, well i don't know, let's forget about it then (since it never happened)....i hope he is able to get a little run in the first team at some time (through raul/ronaldo getting injured) and prove himself
guest1984
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I doubt Owen would be dropped by Swen, he has always been a regular player in the England squad even when he wasn't scoring at Liverpool.

If one of Real's main strikers Raul and Ronaldo get injuried, then he might get a chance to play front from the start. But i think Real have other strikers too, like Morientes and co.

Even if he was at Liverpool, there was no guarentee that the new coach would play him in front of Cisse or Baros.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by james101)
but what club would he go to? he can't go back to liverpool. never will join united, doubtful arsenal and newcastle. Looks like he may never play in the premiership again.

Interesting, i would give him a chance at real madrid though.
agreed, he wants to move to Real because its the best and most prestigious club in the world. He isn't playing that well atm, and no ways would he take Raul's place atm. Id say, let Owen train with Real, he'll get his chance when one of the Real strikers get injured or something.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads