Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Carreh
Badges: 2
Report 15 years ago
Doh! Apologies for that twas late at night for me! i was tired

Anyways the sailing round the world the wrong way.

Here's a link!
[email protected]
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by hossy)
Captain Fantastic! Or Recipe for Disaster?

He's just got the job see http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...al/3714222.stm

What do you all think?
he's a decent player but off the pitch he's a quiet bloke who doesn't seek the limelight. he certainly isn't a leader.its gonna put too much pressure on him. the team will suffer because he will not be performing well. :confused:
Triple D
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
4-3-3 is not good, it will give me space for giigs, who even though is passed his best is still a force to be recend with. I just hope erikson has enough balls to drop owen and play defoe and rooney up front
DavidBrent
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Because Wales have a distinctly vauxhall conference standard defence, playing three players up front will totally destroy them. As for our defence, I think it is one of the best in the world. Remember Sol and Rio were the best central def partnership in the last World Cup
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Triple D)
4-3-3 is not good, it will give me space for giigs, who even though is passed his best is still a force to be recend with. I just hope erikson has enough balls to drop owen and play defoe and rooney up front
But Neville plays with Giggs, and knows his game inside out, so i don't think that'd be a problem.
For me, possibly possession will be harder to keep with three in the middle, and possibly the form of owen wont turn out that well, i don't know.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Basically, i heard ha england will play rooney owen and defoe up front, i assume in a 4-3-3 formation (although maybe a 3-4-3 is possible?)

What do people think of his change in strategy?
Do you think i will work?
Yes there is a problem witht this. there is only one defensiveish player in the whole of midfield and the forwards. That is butt, (beckham can't defend well). This would mean that Wales will have many chances to attack. And 3 strikers is too many! You could probably attack more with 2 strikers and one behind the 2 as a centre attacking midfielder. I don't like this formation.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The thing youre forgetting is rooney doesnt play as deep as defoe and owen, he stays back a little, so itll effectively be 442 again..
hams
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
does anyone know on what channel they are showing the india and australia matches? i am really annoyed that i cant watch it i was looking forward to it for weeks
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
maybe on sky sports (2, 3 or extra), i haven't checked though
john williams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Nope Sky didnt get the rights to view the match. I think its on the ESPN channel somewhere on sky, but you have to pay extra to subscribe for it.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by john williams)
Nope Sky didnt get the rights to view the match. I think its on the ESPN channel somewhere on sky, but you have to pay extra to subscribe for it.
really? that's a shame....yeah ESPN is on sky (and other digital services) but as you said, you have to pay
Saagar
Report 15 years ago
U can just follow it in some crude way such as on the net, or teletxt or sumthin.................
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Cricinfo is the best way to follow it online
r0ss
Report 15 years ago
It should be 4-4-2 with Smith and Rooney upfront.

Players with bite and passion. Smith is an excellent target man with Rooney playing off him which will be proved when they play for Utd and England in the future.

Defoe + Owen can bugger off elsewhere.
recurring
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Sven is being spineless and there is no point to the formation as when gerrard comes back it will not be done again with three strikers. It doesn't matter though as we will slaughter the taffy sheepshaggers and there will be silence of the lambs
hihihihi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Wales don't even have Savage for this one.
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Is this going to be any good cos my Cousin works on it and has got 10 tickets for all of us to go and see it.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
Is this going to be any good cos my Cousin works on it and has got 10 tickets for all of us to go and see it.
you might as well go and see some 'legends' play against some 'celebs'...might be a bit of fun
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
you might as well go and see some 'legends' play against some 'celebs'...might be a bit of fun
Might be, but it means I won't get back to Uni till about 2.00am and I have to be up at 9.00 for Key Skills.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
Might be, but it means I won't get back to Uni till about 2.00am and I have to be up at 9.00 for Key Skills.
oh, well forget it then
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (1)
10%
No (9)
90%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed