Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
SamTheMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Bigley is English -why would England fans shout during the silence? I would think its the Welsh. ok.. or it could be the English shouting something bad about Blair to get their views heard...
Who gives a **** if he's English. He's a British citizen, that's why the British media are following the story. He can be English, Welsh, Portuguese, that's not the problem.
Do you think that in Wales, there's only news about Welshmen?
If Tony Blair was Scottish, then it wouldn't matter that Ken Bigley was captured because he's English?
This is all narrow-minded bull****.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Bigley is English -why would England fans shout during the silence? I would think its the Welsh. ok.. or it could be the English shouting something bad about Blair to get their views heard...
They could be booing at the incident and the result of it like anti-war etc rather than anything else.
Saagar
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
I think English fans are downright rude, they have no respect for other cultures or countries. When I went to a football game they would start shouting "referees a wa**er" and "what a fu**ing loser" and this is all around small kids. I hope England don't host any major tournament for the next 5 years because then it will show them what a bunch of di**heads they're being. As for the booing during the silence, I'm not sure who or why it was done, I did hear people shouting so I'd assume it was towards Blair or something.
Report 15 years ago
and you wander why they are called hooligans.
Saagar
Report 15 years ago
Anyone been following tha japanese GP weekend?? Well not much to follow hey?
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by teamvillage)
Well I think Mark Delaney would walk into the England side personally.
I do hope you're taking the p*[email protected]
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Saagar)
Anyone been following tha japanese GP weekend?? Well not much to follow hey?
Lol, Yeah its been cool stuff!
Will be an interesting Race day tomorrow.
Lookin forward to it.
Hopefully there will still be some rain left! :cool:
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Lol, Yeah its been cool stuff!
Will be an interesting Race day tomorrow.
Lookin forward to it.
Hopefully there will still be some rain left! :cool:
What time's the actual race tomorrow?
Saagar
Report 15 years ago
i'm not sure?? Maybe 6 in the morning. Don't quote me on that though
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i'm not sure?? Maybe 6 in the morning. Don't quote me on that though
You're right, but no way am i gonna wake up at 6. Will watch the replay in the afternoon though.
Saagar
Report 15 years ago
lol, i always watch them live, even the aussie one!!
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Can I just add another side to this, I've been to a football match where there was a minutes' silence. There was also booing at that, but the booing was aimed at a couple of people who had disregarded the minutes' silence in the first place and were chatting or a couple of people who had shouted things out.

The boos weren't because of people disregarding what the silence was for, it was because there were people who *weren't* regarding the minute.

Odd, I know - but that's what this may have been.
charlord
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by sloaney87)
Ill take booing at the welsh anthem, though incredibly rude, as in the spirit of the game and rivarly etc

but what the hell were those few fools doing shouting during the minute silence for Ken Bigley. Thats disgusting.
it was...really sad that people cant see that
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think English fans are downright rude, they have no respect for other cultures or countries. When I went to a football game they would start shouting "referees a wa**er" and "what a fu**ing loser" and this is all around small kids. I hope England don't host any major tournament for the next 5 years because then it will show them what a bunch of di**heads they're being.
Would you like to see Slovakia host any games of this sort?

As for the booing during the silence, I'm not sure who or why it was done, I did hear people shouting so I'd assume it was towards Blair or something.
Yes.
Saagar
Report 15 years ago
I no but still if they were booing at other peoples ignorance thats still hypocritical and pointless, they're also disregarding the silence.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Apparantly if they cant do qualifying theyre gonna pull the names out of a hat, which would be wicked, but if the weathers too **** to qualify I doubt itll be good enough for the race which will be just a few hours after..
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
When I went to a football game they would start shouting "referees a wa**er" and "what a fu**ing loser" and this is all around small kids.
If we don't shout profanities in front of our children, how will the next generation be able to suitably insult the referee when the time comes ? When the ref's being a winker, it's only polite to tell him.
~ o ~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by sloaney87)
Ill take booing at the welsh anthem, though incredibly rude, as in the spirit of the game and rivarly etc

but what the hell were those few fools doing shouting during the minute silence for Ken Bigley. Thats disgusting.
its sickening...that really does get to me.
no f*cking respect
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Danyul)
"The Match" is absolutely pathetic.

What are they trying to prove? - that even celebrities can kick a ball?

Waste of time, and shame on yuo for watching it! Worse than Hells Kitchen.. reality television at its worst..
Excuse me but I havn't been watching it. How can I when I'm up at Uni and don't have access to Sky (well the student room does have it, but people mostly watch the music channels on it).

It's why I created this thread to begin with.
TIMAAAAAAAAAAAY
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
it's a football match, who gives a crap
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed