Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Apparantly if they cant do qualifying theyre gonna pull the names out of a hat, which would be wicked, but if the weathers too **** to qualify I doubt itll be good enough for the race which will be just a few hours after..
    Lol, that wud be quality!

What time is the qualifying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TIMAAAAAAAAAAAY)
    it's a football match, who gives a crap
    a football match that millions of ppl watched. - it was on a platform where atleast some dignity should have been shown. It was only for a goddamn minute!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saagar)
    I no but still if they were booing at other peoples ignorance thats still hypocritical and pointless, they're also disregarding the silence.
    Whilst I feel it is disrespectful to disrupt the memorial silence I have noticed a lot of these recently. My school did it for the WTC attacks but did they do it in the 1980s with the IRA? Probably not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockel)
    Cricinfo is the best way to follow it online

its setanta sports, a ppv channel on sky

ReputationRep:
    woot!! india are losing... what a surprise that is

ReputationRep:
    bigle (or at least, hs brother) deserved to be booed,; his life was worth less than keeping those mass murdering women in captivity, and he was being so selfish by saying ken should be freed by any mans neceessary

ReputationRep:
    Wake up and take a look around other countries of the world.

England's supporters are not as badly behaved as most believe. You only have to look to Eastern European countries and certain Italian clubs to see racist chants etc. You also only have to look to two weeks ago when Millwall fans were stabbed in Hungary. It was only a couple of years ago that Leeds supporters died in Istanbul because of Galatassary supporters.

God knows what the noises were during the minute's silence for Ken Bigley though, incredibly disrespectful nonetheless, whoever it was. Also, for some reason it's become almost customary for the home nation to boo the away nation's national anthem these days, just for when most teams play away from home...

ReputationRep:
    Now officially the most supported Rugby club in the UK with an average attendance of over 17,000 for home games.

Also got to the Superleague Grand Final.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    bigle (or at least, hs brother) deserved to be booed,; his life was worth less than keeping those mass murdering women in captivity, and he was being so selfish by saying ken should be freed by any mans neceessary
    It's easier to think like that when your brother isn't being held hostage thousands of miles away... have respect mate.

ReputationRep:
    cricket !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaeda)
    cricket !
    American football!

ReputationRep:
    RUGBY! I LOVE Rugby!!!!

For sure the best.

I play rep basketball but Im sick of it, basically I do it out of habit, can be good sometimes though.

Hey Pads, We watched the superbowl final one year when our american friends invited us over for it. We were like WTF?? The whole time.

AFL has a massive fan base, and I think I maybe would like it if I understood it, but as it stands I dont, so there.

ReputationRep:
    this is the uk... american football and AFL whatever that is dont exist here and hopefuly never will!

ReputationRep:
    Qualifying has already happened, it was around about midnight I think.

The race starts at about 5.30am (british time). I think the sun showed a bit through qualifying, not sure how much though.
    I should think of going to bed if I am going to be up again to be able to watch it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaeda)
    woot!! india are losing... what a surprise that is
    With a name like yours, it is surprising that you have not been shot by your peers.

ReputationRep:
    this has already been done before, but table tennis

ReputationRep:
    ~where are the snowsports??

ReputationRep:
    Hockey rules!

ReputationRep:
    we ended up winning by quite a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    American football!
    A cheap imitation.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.